• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Kyari

The live show tickets for my area of the UK next week has a pretty great line up, I am legitimately tempted to pick some up.

Recall

Hideo Itami is nothing but a Japanese Sin Cara. He's heading to be a major victim of the Network purge.

Shut up and lie down.

1238074_o.gif

RBH

During an interview published last week in Fighting Spirit Magazine discussing the circumstances surrounding his departure from WWE, Alberto Del Rio claimed that it was not uncommon for people in positions of power in the Stamford, Connecticut-based organization to openly say racial remarks around employees under the guise of jokes. According to Del Rio, the remarks were frequently aimed toward African Americans and Hispanics.

According to Del Rio, the member of WWE management who notified him of his release would often make racial jokes around employees. Del Rio voiced his displeasure with this during their conversation, feeling that he should be setting a better example.

“The person calling me was one of the most important people in the company, and I said, “We always hear these racist jokes from you, and because you’re one of the most important people in the company in this company, your other employees hear you making these stupid comments, and they think they can do it,” said Del Rio. “I said, “It’s just like in my house: if my son sees me spitting on the floor, he’s gonna do it, because he’s going to think that it’s the right thing to do, because I’m the power figure in the house. In this company, it’s exactly the same: when they hear you doing these racist comments all the time, and we don’t say anything, because it is you, now those guys think they can go make those stupid comments.”

According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, who initially reported Del Rio’s interview comments, the person who Del Rio is talking about is Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE’s Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.

“The guy who made the call was Levesque,” Meltzer stated on the F4WOnline.com message board in response to a question asking which WWE executive made the phone call to Del Rio.

Days after his release from WWE, Del Rio said in this interview on a morning talk show in Mexico that it was Triple H who personally informed of his departure.

This is not the first time where Triple H has been accused of racism. Ricardo Rodriguez, Del Rio’s former personal ring announcer, revealed after his departure from WWE over the summer that Triple H never referred to him by his name, but as “Bumblebee,” an overweight Latino cartoon character on The Simpsons who dresses in a bumblebee costume and is portrayed as a spoof on common American stereotypes of Mexican pop culture. Rodriguez later found out that Triple H had referred to other Latino wrestlers as “Bumblebee.”

Rodriguez said on the Busted Open radio show with Doug Mortman and Dave Lagreca, “I am a little bigger; I am not fat by all means. With my lucha background, I can do flips, front flips, back flips, 450?s, shooting stars, and all that (explicative); Yeah so when I was working with the tryouts and being extras. We would do spots and I would flip around and take bumps like a clothesline and shooting stars. Triple H would call me a bumblebee; I was in Puerto Rico not too long ago and I saw Savio Vega and he used to call him a bumblebee and then I found out he called Super Crazy a bumblebee. He was a referring to an American guy doing flips. He would always make this comment about me being Mexican and Del Rio being Mexican. I and Del Rio use to call ourselves stupid names but when someone else would call us those names we would go whoa hold the (explicative) up.”

Former WWE and WCW star Konnan considers the “Bumblebee” remark racist.

“That shows you the racist element of upper management,” Konnan said of the label on Twitter. “Soon you will hear why i am saying this..[Vince McMahon] and [Triple H] have made numerous racists remarks which they will have to be held accountable for.”
BookerTvsTripleH_crop_exact.jpg

jmdajr

To be fair Del Rio wasn't a fat fuck, which is pretty impressive. Those other dudes though. LOL.

edit:Ricardo don't kid yourself. YOU'RE FAT.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I don't know about you guys, but the "WWE Network Get November Free" ad that pops up on GAF constantly for me is kind of starting to piss me off.

Normally I'm not too bothered by discounts and free stuff of shit I already own, I mean, I get you need to advertise and in most cases I got some free stuff when I signed up as well. My cable provider is giving out free tablets right now or discounts and shit, and sure, I'd like a tablet too after five years of being a loyal customer, but it's okay because when I signed up I got a free Netbook, so fine.

But here I am, a loyal customer since the first hour. Hell, I was probably one of the first 1000 people or so to subscribe, literally minutes after it became available. And I don't get free shit, I even missed out on the free week (signed up via the wrong link), and I don't get a discount? Not even a WWE Shop discount or something to make up for the fact that other people are now getting Survivor Series for free instead of paying 10 bucks for it?

I'm sure that when SS comes they'll do one of their bits at desk where they call people out for being idiots for paying them 55 bucks and they will then also call everyone an idiot that didn't get a free month and is paying them 9,99 for this shit, because that's how they roll.

I'm sorry, random rant, but the free month should have been for everyone. Current subscribers included, sure it costs money, but you're already losing millions anyways, so fuck that noise and get it over with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Being an early adopter sucks, you should know this by now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did Ricardo ever touch on his shoot why he had one of the worst in ring performances this side of Sharmel vs. Christy Hemme at NXT Takeover?

He did talk about that yeah, he got heat over that and that led to him getting fired I believe. He was sick or something like that I think when he worked that match. Or maybe he got injured or something. I can't remember exactly, he had a pretty good excuse.

Ricardo is an idiot.

He had a job for aaaaages doing straight non-wrestling stuff, and when he wanted to wrestle, they gave him the opportunity, he fucked it up bad, and then they moved him to Spanish commentary, which is quite possibly the most bulletproof job in WWE, then he quits because he wants to wrestle...and then proceeds to not wrestle

Fuck that goof.

Also, how can I unsubscribe from the Network, I WANT OUT

DMczaf

Ricardo is an idiot.

He had a job for aaaaages doing straight non-wrestling stuff, and when he wanted to wrestle, they gave him the opportunity, he fucked it up bad, and then they moved him to Spanish commentary, which is quite possibly the most bulletproof job in WWE, then he quits because he wants to wrestle...and then proceeds to not wrestle

Fuck that goof.

Also, how can I unsubscribe from the Network, I WANT OUT

Don't leave us, brother...

I'll send you a Big Boot playlist when we get that feature in 2017.

Sephzilla

Merged title.

Orton is gone for a while and everyone else is injured or was fired.

Show had the title in 2002.
Kane is a drunk
and Lesnar is asleep.

Miz was a merged title as well by that definition.

Shaemus held the WWE title. Show had the WWE title. Kane had the WWE title. Miz had the WWE title.

He did talk about that yeah, he got heat over that and that led to him getting fired I believe. He was sick or something like that I think when he worked that match. Or maybe he got injured or something. I can't remember exactly, he had a pretty good excuse.
I don't think yhere is any excuse for that performance. Every dog has its' day and he was nothing but a filthy perro Chihuahua of a performance. He almost ruined Kalisto's shot as well. Just pathetic. Maybe he can turn it around at Lucha Underground.....

DMczaf

From the details you guys are posting from this shoot, I can see why he was fired. Thinks he's hot shit, thinks he came up with lots of ideas, has excuses when he's not hot shit.

He's just That Asshole.

WCW Monday Nitro 9/10/95

My monday nitro marathon continues! Tonight, Hogan faces Luger for the WCW title in the last show before WARGAMES FOR MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY

Sabu vs "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright

Huh, I didn't know Sabu was in WCW. Must've not lasted long since I was watching ECW Heatwave 98 and he was in that. Alex Wright has some funky music. Solid back and forth. Sabu doesn't botch! Well, kinda his springboard leg lariats look like SHIT. Huricanrana from the top from Sabu for the win

Winner: Sabu

Wait a minute! That son of a bitch Sabu is attacking Wright after the match! He brings out a japanese table and puts Wright through it, and the referee reverses his decision.

Winner: Alex Wright

WOOOOOO It's the Nature Boy! I love Flair promos. This one was weird though. He talks about how he and Arn were friends until Luger comes out for no reason and Flair puts him over. This trend of Luger's to be an uncharismatic plank of wood compared to everyone else will be a theme of the night.

Sting vs IRS/Mike Rotundo/Michael Wallstreet/V.K Wallstreet
This is only my second time seeing it and I already don't like the Rotundo Wallstreet gimmick. He's so boring compared to the Million Dollar Man. Lol at Surfer Sting's theme, it's amazing. Sting has a better match this week compared to the last one. He actually busts out more moves besides a gorilla press. He wins after a crossbody to the top. Solid match, Wallstreet's attire sucks.

Winner: Sting (big as a bull and quick as a cat)

DISCO INFERNO DEBUTS THIS SATURDAY!!!!! Fuck the rest of that line-up tho.

Macho Man vs Scott Norton

Damn Randy was getting his ass kicked this whole match. Some good feats of strength from Norton. Then the fat fuck squad runs out and Earthquake falls on Norton. Somehow there is no DQ and Savage hits an elbow drop on a pinned down Norton to win

Winner: Savage

Lol what the fuck was that thing Kevin Sullivan brought out?

Hogan vs Luger

This was...the best match of the night. Feels weird saying that about a Hogan/Luger match. I mean, it wasn't amazing but definitely best of the night. Hogan actually bust out some mat wrestling there for a bit. Looked like Hogan was gonna win until the fat fuck squad comes out again. This time there is a DQ.

The two war games teams brawl. THINGS ARE BREAKING DOWN IN THE IMPACT ZONE!!! There's a big argument over Luger not being attacked. Stop being a dick Hogan. So much damn energy from Sting and Savage, it's pumping me up. LUGER JOINS THE TEAM!!!!

So this sunday it's Hogan, Sting, Savage, and Luger vs the fat fuck squad in WARGAMES FOR MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY.

Fun show. The fact that it was only an hour helps. I hate Steve McMichael. He keeps shitting on Bobby The Brain for no reason and he has mushmouth and won't shut the fuck up about football. They were shitting on RAW the WHOLE night. Which is weird because last week they only teased. Guess I'm watching Fall Brawl next

MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY/10 (7/10)

DMczaf

I'm just watching old Nitros on Monday nights from now on.

I love how Benoit makes the simplest moves look like they hurt. Even a damn bodyslam

4GQ5F5R.gif

Fox318

I'm just watching old Nitros on Monday nights from now on.

I love how Benoit makes the simplest moves look like they hurt. Even a damn bodyslam

4GQ5F5R.gif

If somebody was half the worker Benoit was they would be the largest star in the company.

Top Bottom