• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

strobogo

Banned
The slow-mo Swanton was used in so many ads. Like, every WWF tie in add for 2-3 years had a clip of that. From canned food to stereos to wrestling video games to non-wrestling video games to squirt guns.

Laserfrog

The slow-mo Swanton was used in so many ads. Like, every WWF tie in add for 2-3 years had a clip of that. From canned food to stereos to wrestling video games to non-wrestling video games to squirt guns.

Gotta get their monies worth from the matrix swanton.

You know, this reminds me of something I've been thinking for a while. Newer arenas are terrible for the aesthetic on TV of wrestling crowds. The places they were running in the 90s were buildings from the 70s and 80s more often than not, where everyone was smushed up together and gave the appearance of a more dense and crazy crowds. Now, all the arenas in the US are spaced out and it kind of takes some energy away. However, FUCK those old arenas with their smushed up seating. They made wrestling crowds look better, but they were also awful to see shows/concerts/balls games at.

It doesn't help that the rindside area is HUGE now and completely spotless. The show looks totally sterile. No character, no energy. I hate the current set up.

And this Aces & Eights thing is ridiculous now. They're shamelessly copying Sons of Anarchy, and it's kind of embarrassing. The Jeff Hardy "internal monologues" are terrible too. TNA's wasted all the goodwill they built up with Austin Aries' World Title push.

strobogo

Banned
TNA gonna TNA. They always have a good-great stretch and completely blow it and have to start from scratch. Always. Since the beginning.

tumblr_mcq07nIvrv1rnwyb1o1_400.jpg

strobogo

Banned
This is my kind of match, shame there weren't any sharks or crocodiles.

I wonder what the animal abuse laws are in Japan, because I can't see any of the wacky animal based death matches happening in America without someone getting arrested.

Also, unrelated, but Randy Orton really needs to start swiping all of DDP's Diamond Cutter variations. OUTTA NOWHERE is silly when he only does it two or three ways. He needs to start doing pop up, TKO style, springboard, reverse suplex...all the crazy ways DDP was hitting the move on cruisers on Saturday Night in 1996 and 1997.

Laserfrog

I wonder what the animal abuse laws are in Japan, because I can't see any of the wacky animal based death matches happening in America without someone getting arrested.

I just need to begin a kickstarter for enough money to buy an old navy ship of some kind, take it to open waters and begin the ultimate wrestling federation. I'll need all the remaining Pandas in the world, many crocodiles and a bounty sharks. Oh and Polar Bears on ice.

strobogo

Banned
I'd really prefer no snakes. No Damien, no Lucifer, no Revelations. No Jake. Because being stuck on a boat with Jake Roberts in the middle of the ocean sounds like a terrible plan. I can't deal with snakes. Not even garden snakes. You know the scene in Pee Wee's Big adventure when the pet shop is on fire? I would have stayed in the fire before I even looked at one of the snakes. Even pictures of snakes horrify me. Full on phobia.

Except when I watch 80s WWF. For some reason, Jake dumping 10 foot snakes on someone's face doesn't phase me. But I actually yelled when playing Snake Eater the first time when I was crawling on the ground and there was a god damn boa just hanging around.

So please, no snakes. Or eels. Or anything that kind of looks like a snake.

Here's the prospective line-up for ROH - Final Battle 2012;

• ROH World Title Ladder War: Kevin Steen (c) vs El Generico
  • Non Title Match: Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy
  • ROH World Tag Team Title 3-Way: S.C.U.M. (Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs) (c) vs The Briscoe Brothers vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
  • The House of Truth Implodes: Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
  • Wolves Return: The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
  • Lynn's Final Battle: Jerry Lynn vs Mike Bennett
  • Tadarius Thomas & BJ Whitmer vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)
  • Grudge Match: Prince Nana vs RD Evans
Also, what is presumed to be the new Sinclair ROH World Title to début at Final Battle has appeared on the cover of a new ROH card game from Filsinger Games to be released in December;

ibgU8KdDMqU4k7.jpg

Eh, not really a fan, but I don't much like the current one either. The old-school ROH title is the best, and I always liked that it was reminiscent of the old UWF Heavyweight Title.

The card for Final Battle looks great - although Lance Storm mentioned on twitter than Lynn had asked him for one more match, so I was hoping we'd get Storm vs Lynn. Would be a great send off for Jerry, although I'm sure he'll do an excellent job of making Bennett look great.

Aside from a great 5 minutes of DBryan (not even wrestling) it was an absolutely throwaway episode of Smackdown. Trying way too hard to hype the botched Survivor Series teams and Orton throwing around RKOs for everyone like he's new Austin. Special guest Great Khali no selling Big Shows KO punch yet allowing the pinfall off it just awful

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I went to sleep during Smackdown and I tried to watch it 5 times since all with the same conclusion.

I heard they mentioned some news about Cody so I guess they ax'd him off the ppv. I hear Sting is going to replace him.

To all those that wanted the brand split to end, I blame you for this.

somedevil

Update from Cody Rhodes after a MRI:

Cody Rhodes provided an update on his medical condition after undergoing an MRI exam. "Torn trapezius grade 2, torn deltoid grade 1, separated shoulder, no surgery needed," Rhodes wrote.

Man, Kane messed him up alot from that horribly botched back body drop. No way he competing at Surivor Series.

Ouch, poor Cody - he got pretty fucked up for such an innocuous looking bump.

Speaking of injuries, Rain was injured during the SHINE iPPV last night - her right wrist was shattered about half way through her tag match against Jazz & Amazing Kong, but she still managed to work the rest of the match and even took the finish (an Implant Buster from Kong). Tough lady.

Also, 4 1/2 hours until the totally FREE iPPV from CHIKARA sister promotion Wrestling is Fun!

i0FAWpvxklMIm.jpg

http://www.smvod.com

• Mike Quackenbush vs. "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti
  • Hallowicked vs. assailANT
  • Jaka vs. Gran Akuma
  • Green Ant vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado
  • Dasher Hatfield vs. Icarus
  • Fire Ant vs. Kobald
  • The Estonian ThunderFrog vs. Kodama
  • The Devastation Corporation vs. The Flames of Love

Anyone else watching? Did I mention that it's FREE? Should be a good show. Really looking forward to Quack vs Touchdown, and Jaka vs Gran Akuma.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Update from Cody Rhodes after a MRI:

Man, Kane messed him up alot from that horribly botched back body drop. No way he competing at Surivor Series.
I know we're joking here, but it seems like the backdrop was Cody's fault (or at least 50/50). Cody tried to sell it too hard by pushing off of Kane's back, and he couldn't go all the way around, as a result. Thankfully, it looks like he'll miss minimal time from this.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look it some more, I can't really tell. Cody pushed off his back, but Kane didn't deliver it how he usually does. Very strange, and unfortunate. Here's a good look at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8x7_m170m4

Sokantish

I know we're joking here, but it seems like the backdrop was Cody's fault (or at least 50/50). Cody tried to sell it too hard by pushing off of Kane's back, and he couldn't go all the way around, as a result. Thankfully, it looks like he'll miss minimal time from this.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look it some more, I can't really tell. Cody pushed off his back, but Kane didn't deliver it how he usually does. Very strange, and unfortunate. Here's a good look at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8x7_m170m4

I'm just gonna go ahead and blame Kane.

Sokantish

What about the time Kane killed Paul Bearer? You think I'm just going to forget about that, SoulPlaya? Didn't he also light someone on fire? And I think he put poor Zack Ryder in a wheelchair!

SO how is SMVOD compared to what we usually get via GFL?

Their last two live streaming experiments went off without a hitch, and the quality of the broadcast was as good as any from GFL or WWNLive. The website itself seems a bit bare bones, as they turn off the main SMVOD site during live streaming and don't have all the fancy java chat and support that the other services have, but I expect they'll have that sorted for the paid CHIKARA iPPV on December 2nd.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What about the time Kane killed Paul Bearer? You think I'm just going to forget about that, SoulPlaya? Didn't he also light someone on fire? And I think he put poor Zack Ryder in a wheelchair!
Darn, you're right! He's a murderer! A Mur-didly-urderer!

strobogo

Banned

tumblr_lhrw2ctYDo1qajffpo1_500.gif

Top Bottom