• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane's tag team partners official rankings:
7. Big Show
6. X-Pac
5. RVD
4. Undertaker
3. Mankind
2. Hurricane
1. Gusty Daniel Bryan
Mine are.

7. Hurricane
6. RVD
5. Undertaker (Kane was too often overshadowed when they teamed up, but people mark out for BoD)
4. Big Show
3. Mankind
2. X-Pac
1. Bryan

Nikki St. John vs Santana was pretty good - haven't seen St. John before, but she was quite impressive and Santana scored a great win after hitting her awesome handspring moonsault. Leva Bates & Kimberly lost to Made in Sin in a great tag match, Kimberly looked excellent again, I'm very impressed with her work so far. She turns on Leva post match, hitting a curb stomp and locking in a cloverleaf.

Next up, two debuts as The Wrestling Goddess Athena takes on Ivelisse (AKA Sofia Cortez from NXT).

Mine are.

7. Hurricane
6. RVD
5. Undertaker (Kane was too often overshadowed when they teamed up, but people mark out for BoD)
4. Big Show
3. Mankind
2. X-Pac
1. Bryan

I always like the Kane/X-Pac team, and that whole deal with X-Pac encouraging Kane to do moves off the top rope, lol.

Hey teddie eyes up here
20121115_sd_divas_match_LARGE_C.jpg

Athena vs Ivelisse was pretty great - Ivelisse had a good showing, controlling the majority of the match until Atena hit the O Face (a top-rope stunner) out of nowhere for the win.

Jessicka Havok vs Nikki Roxx up next - looking forward to this, Havok is awesome.

The problem with WWE films wasn't really the wrestlers in it. I still wish they'd make the WWE Cannonball Run movie. The problem is they spend no money on scripts and directors. I don't understand what they hell they're trying to do with "The Day".

Jessicka Havok vs Nikki Roxx started off great, but then they got into some awkward brawling, had a chair battle and then brawled to the back, getting themselves counted out. Oh well.

Main event time now as Jazz teams with Amazing Kong to take on Rain & Mercedes Martinez.

Yeah, both dates in Ybor City....I might make night 2.

I'll certainly be ordering the iPPVs if the line-up for the tournament is good. Seems like an age since I've seen any FIP related events.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I always like the Kane/X-Pac team, and that whole deal with X-Pac encouraging Kane to do moves off the top rope, lol.
Yeah, call me a sentimentalist, but I really enjoyed Kane coming out of his shell. The first time he hugged X-Pac, I marked out like crazy.

strobogo

Banned
Classic picture here.

tumblr_mdlceznpCi1r44v1uo1_500.png

You know, this reminds me of something I've been thinking for a while. Newer arenas are terrible for the aesthetic on TV of wrestling crowds. The places they were running in the 90s were buildings from the 70s and 80s more often than not, where everyone was smushed up together and gave the appearance of a more dense and crazy crowds. Now, all the arenas in the US are spaced out and it kind of takes some energy away. However, FUCK those old arenas with their smushed up seating. They made wrestling crowds look better, but they were also awful to see shows/concerts/balls games at.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know, this reminds me of something I've been thinking for a while. Newer arenas are terrible for the aesthetic on TV of wrestling crowds. The places they were running in the 90s were buildings from the 70s and 80s more often than not, where everyone was smushed up together and gave the appearance of a more dense and crazy crowds. Now, all the arenas in the US are spaced out and it kind of takes some energy away. However, FUCK those old arenas with their smushed up seating. They made wrestling crowds look better, but they were also awful to see shows/concerts/balls games at.
Yeah, that helped, but the crowds didn't need to be mushed up together. They were razy about the product.

Jazz & Amazing Kong defeated Rain & Mercedes Martinez in a good main event, after Kong hit the Implant Buster on Rain. Great to see Kong make her return, she looked good here, which was her first match in over a year. Rain looked like she was knocked loopy somewhere along the way, probably on a big double-powerbomb out of the corner spot Kong did on both Rain & Mercedes.

Good show overall - Leva & Kimberly vs Made in Sin was probably the best match of the night.

Also, Lenny confirmed that SHIMMER 53 at the WrestleCon/Mania weekend will be live on iPPV!

strobogo

Banned
Man, Eddie looks like he's coming down from a meth high in the second picture. And El Dandy is such a sleazy looking dude. Does he still wrestle?

FyreWulff

They also had more character to them because they were allowed to look unique. Now they drown the crowd in a heavy red light for Raw and blue for Smackdown, homogenizing the look.

tm24

Man, Eddie looks like he's coming down from a meth high in the second picture. And El Dandy is such a sleazy looking dude. Does he still wrestle?
Hes more or less retired. His only appearances in the last 2 years have been for Hijo del Santo's Todo x Todo promotion and even than it only equaled like 6 matches

For the Gaffers that are fans of KayFabe Commentaries, the Timeline History of WCW debuts with Barry Windham covering 1991.

Edit: November 20th release date.

Top Bottom