• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Horiguchi & Saito pick up the win after Saito hits his straight jacket pile driver on Dos, earning them a title shot on Sunday
. Fun match. Genki & Saito hit an awesome sunset flip/german suplex into the buckle combo on Dos.

Main event time! Ricochet vs AR Fox.

I figured if you're gonna drive something, it needs to fit your character. Honest Bootaaay doesn't suffer over-the-hill fools.

Damn straight! Only way I'd ever book 2012 Kevin Nash is in a First Torn Quad match.

strobogo

Banned
That was awesome Sunflower! Monster truck, OUTTA NOWHERE!

I think there's a lot of CHIKARA wrestlers who benefit greatly from Quack's structuring of the matches, and it shows when they wrestle elsewhere - Lince Dorado or Gran Akuma for instance. But, that's not to say CHIKARA doesn't have some great wrestlers. Guys like Hallowicked, UMB & Donst are very underrated imo, and this year alone we've seen Green Ant, Mr. Touchdown & Dasher Hatfield really come into their own. Touchdown in particular, who has been very impressive since winning the YLC.

As for your last point, that's all a matter of taste. The last pair of 'normal' shows were great fun, with an excellent Touchdown vs Green Ant match.

Yes. They have good wrestlers. They've had great wrestlers come through. But in the end, it is a training company, which means a lot of guys who are green as can be. That's not a knock on them, the point of the company is to train and give young guys the opportunity to get better. I think people over look that most of the time when half the matches on any card are going to be bad with tons of botches that anywhere else would have the crowd shitting all over them.

I wish people could admit to themselves that most of the people in Chikara on any given card aren't very good and if those matches were happening in WWE or TNA, people would shit all over them.

Because, seriously, over half the roster are super green guys who are still training. Chikara is awesome for the big shows like KOT, but their normal shows in the middle of nowhere in rural Pennsylvania in front of 30 people usually are not good or fun to watch.

The only thing is most of the matches in CHIAKRA are way more entertaining than what TNA or WWE puts out there. Plus the storylines they have are probably the best in wrestling. Not to mention that pretty much everyone of there shows gets rave reviews from fans and anyone that matters in the business. Can't say that about WWE or TNA. That has to count for something with a roster full of green guy's as you put it. What about all the green guy's on WWE roster that have no right being on national tv? CHIKARA isn't about five star matches or the latest internet darling. They don't care what every other promotion out there is doing because why be like everyone else.

Yes. They have good wrestlers. They've had great wrestlers come through. But in the end, it is a training company, which means a lot of guys who are green as can be. That's not a knock on them, the point of the company is to train and give young guys the opportunity to get better. I think people over look that most of the time when half the matches on any card are going to be bad with tons of botches that anywhere else would have the crowd shitting all over them.

People dont care about that stuff if they are being entertained, which last time I checked is what wrestling was supposed to be about. If you want work rate go watch ROH with the other work rate is all that matters fans and tell the guy's you paid to see that they fucked up doing something incredibly hard, while live with only one try.

I think people over look that most of the time when half the matches on any card are going to be bad with tons of botches that anywhere else would have the crowd shitting all over them.

I don't think people overlook the fact, but rather it isn't as prevalent as you're making out. Maybe I just don't notice it, but on CHIKARA shows most of the CHIKARA trained wrestlers are well protected with the matches their booked in and their obvious familiarity with the other CHIKARA students. Saturyne is probably the most botch-arific on the roster at the moment, and she's the most recent graduate.

And yeah, CHIKARA crowds are probably more forgiving than most and aren't about to chant "YOU FUCKED UP!" at the slightest mistake. I like that.

Laserfrog

I have sufficient hype for GWF now. I need to get this game, some of the storyline scenes they've added since 2010 look fun.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Wade Barrett so underutilized? Love that guy.

tm24

I don't think people overlook the fact, but rather it isn't as prevalent as you're making out. Maybe I just don't notice it, but on CHIKARA shows most of the CHIKARA trained wrestlers are well protected with the matches their booked in and their obvious familiarity with the other CHIKARA students. Saturyne is probably the most botch-arific on the roster at the moment, and she's the most recent graduate.

Honestly, outside of a Saturyne match, i can't tell when Chikara wrestlers botch. I see more botches on RAW than a Chikara show.

Also, lol Linda

‏@Linda_McMahon
Read our press release mocking Democrat suppression poll. http://www.lindaforsenate2012.com/?p=4912 #ctsen ~Staff

Linda McMahon Will Win on Tuesday

The famously Democrat-leaning Public Policy Polling (PPP) manufactured a new poll for Congressman Chris Murphy’s campaign. Its numbers only reflect the desperation coming from national Democrats as Linda McMahon heads toward victory on November 6.

“PPP’s newly released poll is nothing more than a desperate stunt,” McMahon campaign manager Corry Bliss said. “This poll is clearly meant to discourage Linda McMahon’s supporters. Today, we had over 1,000 volunteers making phone calls and knocking on doors. And this weekend our supporters will be knocking on 400,000 doors and making 600,000 calls. Whether it be manufactured polls, flying in President Clinton, or asking President Obama to beg for support, nothing can erase Congressman Murphy’s record. The ad from President Obama is the only ad he’s recorded for a Senate candidate this cycle. Too bad for Congressman Murphy the last ad President Obama recorded for a Senate candidate was in Massachusetts for Martha Coakley, who faded into oblivion. PPP is nothing more than a front for the Democrats, and this is a sad stunt. Our supporters won’t be deterred by the Democrats’ desperation.”

Fun main event.
AR Fox scores the pin after hitting two Lo Mein Pain's
. They started off real quick, with Fox kicking Ricochet to the floor as he posed on the apron, hitting his turnbuckle SSP, followed by a springboard 450 to the outside! He went for it a second time, but missed and they teased a knee injury that played well into the rest of the match. Good match overall, but the finishing stretch was lacking. The finish kinda came out of nowhere. Overall;

. Johnny Gargano vs EITA - ***
. The Scene vs DUF - *
. Sami Callihan vs Samuray Del Sol - *** 1/2
. Rich Swann, ACH & CIMA vs The Gentlemen's Club - **
. Akira Tozawa vs Jon Davis - ****
. SSB vs Genki & Saito - *** 1/2
. AR Fox vs Ricochet - *** 3/4

Alucard

Banned

And yeah, CHIKARA crowds are probably more forgiving than most and aren't about to chant "YOU FUCKED UP!" at the slightest mistake. I like that.

I'm going to check out Chikara the next time they are in Canada.

I just watched the Prince Devitt vs. Davey Richards match. Talk about beautiful. Wow. Nearly every move was flawless, and both guys came out looking like a million bucks. Wonderful stuff. I just find it hard to imagine that there are so many people who refuse to at least give this stuff a try.

Alucard

Banned
Fun main event.
AR Fox scores the pin after hitting two Lo Mein Pain's
. They started off real quick, with Fox kicking Ricochet to the floor as he posed on the apron, hitting his turnbuckle SSP, followed by a springboard 450 to the outside! He went for it a second time, but missed and they teased a knee injury that played well into the rest of the match. Good match overall, but the finishing stretch was lacking. The finish kinda came out of nowhere. Overall;

. Johnny Gargano vs EITA - ***
. The Scene vs DUF - *
. Sami Callihan vs Samuray Del Sol - *** 1/2
. Rich Swann, ACH & CIMA vs The Gentlemen's Club - **
. Akira Tozawa vs Jon Davis - ****
. SSB vs Genki & Saito - *** 1/2
. AR Fox vs Ricochet - *** 3/4

Sounds like it was good but not spectacular. They're probably saving the truly magical stuff for the rest of the weekend.

I have made my second gif. I think we will get some use out of it.

george.gif

ecurbj

^I remember him. Me and my sister use to laugh at him every time he came out to the ring. I think his name is George Steele iirc..

ecurbj

the inside of the belt needs to be black not red ><
Lol these belts are looking like toys now. It's really annoying me. I remember when the belts back in the day would just change hands but it would still be the same belt that was used by the previous wrestlers. Now they are making new belts every time the belt changes and putting the name of the current champion on the belt.

Latest NXT/FCW doofuses;

Angelo Dawkins - some guy with an AWESOME physique;

iJDLq9leyf37r.jpg

Denton Blackwell - a student of Booker T, legit 6'8;

icL8JkLYPRvoo.jpg

Enzo Amore - sleazy;

ib10dKKczMCurn.jpg

Knuckles Madsen - what a name!

iblWbr0OcNp6Ct.jpg

Louis Fontaine - Lucas di Leo from some no-name indies;

i3Zxa2STqNVY3.jpg

Sawyer Fulton - he evidently based his gear on Rupert the Bear;

iMjQkqZUEqiKv.jpg

Travis Tyler - smug;

iYZI5FrrzJzkb.jpg

Dani - some model;

iSZASbUOQOkXS.jpg

Sounds like it was good but not spectacular. They're probably saving the truly magical stuff for the rest of the weekend.

Yeah, Friday's show did look the weakest on paper, so I wasn't expecting a show of the year candidate or anything. Really wish I could watch the other two shows live, as Callihan vs El Generio in a 2/3 falls match sounds awesome!

Enfinit

Alright serious question for everyone - what's John Cena's best match?

Mine's Punk vs. Cena from MITB 2011.

Alright serious question for everyone - what's John Cena's best match?

Mine's Punk vs. Cena from MITB 2011.

My favorites are when his Superman character is actually used against him as part of the storyline and the match

CM Punk vs John Cena - MITB 2011

RVD vs John Cena - One Night Stand 2

strobogo

Banned
I bet Wade vs Regal was awesome and stiff as fuck. I imagine a lot of wacky catch holds and punches right to the face.

Kaladin

Just got back from The Man With The Iron Fists. You know exactly what kind of movie you're seeing when you go for this. If a martial arts action film with Lucy Lui as the madam of a whore house, Russell Crowe as an outlaw hamming up his role 100%, Brotista no-selling everything and some random clans warring over shit is what you want to see.....you're going to be entertained.....oh and RZA is there too.

Oh, and we better get some Batista gifs out of this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back from The Man With The Iron Fists. You know exactly what kind of movie you're seeing when you go for this. If a martial arts action film with Lucy Lui as the madam of a whore house, Russell Crowe as an outlaw hamming up his role 100%, Brotista no-selling everything and some random clans warring over shit is what you want to see.....you're going to be entertained.....oh and RZA is there too.

It's about what I'd expect. Hope it was a good time at the least.

Oh, and we better get some Batista gifs out of this.

Saw it earlier and at some moments I had know clue what was going on and yet I knew everything. Kinda like the first Exependables when Rourke and Stallone were having what many say was a conversation.

Also, why did they play "white dress" when the whores were bathing? Shouldn't that have been at the beginning with that dude and his girl? Speaking of...what happened to his girl?"

Kaladin

Saw it earlier and at some moments I had know clue what was going on and yet I knew everything. Kinda like the first Exependables when Rourke and Stallone were having what many say was a conversation.

Also, why did they play "white dress" when the whores were bathing? Shouldn't that have been at the beginning with that dude and his girl? Speaking of...what happened to his girl?"

I suppose you're talking about RZA's girl. Brotista killed her.

strobogo

Banned
I think you just gotta deal with the basic 7-day trial that the game gives you.

Also that doesn't shock me that the servers are already dying.

I did the 7 day trial and then went ahead and got the online axxess thing because I don't give a fuck about playing matches online, I want the community stuff. Which you can't get with the trial. But now I'm locked in the 7 day trial even though I paid for the axxess bullshit. Frustrating.

I did the 7 day trial and then went ahead and got the online axxess thing because I don't give a fuck about playing matches online, I want the community stuff. Which you can't get with the trial. But now I'm locked in the 7 day trial even though I paid for the axxess bullshit. Frustrating.
That sucks. Wonder why online axxess doesn't overrule the 7-day trial.

Top Bottom