• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

G-Fex

Only on Plus. Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, and NXT are the full shows. Raw is an hour and a half.

Ah well maybe I'll sign up for it.

Might as well so I can get those.

I think I'll actually play some Attitude Era mode today in WWE '13

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think WrassleGAF even plays online together.

Yeah, playing online isn't something I do - I have very little desire to win or lose online, I prefer managing my own little world. Just get it on PS3, complete your collection.

The stupid thing is that even if they were connected the PS3 still wouldn't be able to get all of the awesome CAWs because THQ still imposes the 30 layer limit for their CAWs. The limit was due to PS3 users getting YouTube support in the game a couple years back. I don't even know if the game even has YouTube support this year.

Some New Japan notes;

. The Super Jr. Tag Tournament finished today;
Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) defeated Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi) in first semi-final, while Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi) defeated the reigning champions Forever Hooligans (Alex Koslov & Rocky Romero) in their semi-final match. Time Splitters then went on to defeat Apollo 55 in the final when KUSHIDA pinned Taguchi with the I-94, and they will go on to face Forever Hooligans for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Titles on 11/11 at New Japan's Power Struggle iPPV

. Also, "New Japan announced that it’s popular collaboration with Mexican giants CMLL will expand in 2013! “FANTASTICA MANIA 2013″ will run over three shows next January instead of two after the concept has been such a success so far."

Didn't expect any different outcome of the Super Jr. Tag Tournament, but a
Forever Hooligans vs Time Splitters rematch
for the iPPV should be good. Glad to see there'll be more Fantastica Mania next year!

Alucard

Banned
Or, some good wrasslin'...

I LOVE Dragon Gate, but it's hard to follow with all of the DVDs. I have 3 of the earliest ones and plan on catching up more when I have some extra cash. I was at one of the live shows in Canada last year too! Front row.

I own Open the Historic/Untouchable/Freedom Gate. Love 'em.

ecurbj

I don't think WrassleGAF even plays online together.
Well then totally makes me want to get the PS3 version.

Yeah, playing online isn't something I do - I have very little desire to win or lose online, I prefer managing my own little world. Just get it on PS3, complete your collection.

Alright. I just thought WrassleGAF plays online or does leagues or challenges but I will revert to the PS3 version. I'm sure it will get less play anyway once Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 release and I'm getting those on the 360.

The stupid thing is that even if they were connected the PS3 still wouldn't be able to get all of the awesome CAWs because THQ still imposes the 30 layer limit for their CAWs. The limit was due to PS3 users getting YouTube support in the game a couple years back. I don't even know if the game even has YouTube support this year.
I remember that exclusive feature sadly. It's cool. I will just buy the PS3 version and hope the community is somewhat decent like how it is on the 360.

Thanks for the help too guys.

Alucard

Banned
So, what are the top 5 feds right now?

DGUSA
PWG
WWE
Chikara
NJPW
??

Anyone follow lucha libre in Mexico? Where should a lucha newbie start?

Enfinit

So the PS3 version is offline only?

Not at all! The only benefit I can think of that the 360 has over the PS3 when it comes to WWE '13 is population. If playing online is your thing, you'll have a much higher population to find matches, and there will be a ton more custom user-created content to choose from.

Other than that, it's really the same exact game both ways. The PS3 version looks a tad better graphically, but it really just boils down to which console you enjoy more and the circumstances you're in. If all you other wrestling games are on PS3, then keep that trend going.

DGUSA
PWG
WWE
Chikara
NJPW
??

Top 5 for me are;

. NJPW
. PWG
. CHIKARA
. DGUSA/EVOLVE
. DDT

I've also enjoyed a lot of AJPW and AAW this year, and new promotions SHINE and Progress Wrestling have made a good start this year. Also got into AIW & ACW, which are both worth checking out.

As for lucha, tm24 is the resident lucha fan, but the best place to start is either CMLL or AAA - here's a youtube user who uploads recent shows;

http://www.youtube.com/user/WarriorsX2000/videos?view=0

And tm24's Lucha Libre primer;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41550700&postcount=101

DGUSA
PWG
WWE
Chikara
NJPW
??

For my top 5 of the promotions I watch pretty much everything of

1. CHIKARA
2. DGUSA
3. PWG
4. TNA
5. WWE

I watch bits of NJPW, DDT, AAA, and CMLL and I enjoy what I see but I don't watch enough to give a good overall opinion on them.

Aiii

So not worth it
YOU GUYS YOU GUYS, SHOCKING NEWS!

captureprz.png

Now, I think sabry here is definitely onto something, Ray back's loss to Punk certainly did seem like it was rigged. This shit is fake y'all! We need to move on to a real sport like Cycling or something!

After five years of watching WWE i'm beginning to wonder? is it perhaps scripted? I mean earlier this year Kane asphyxiated Cena on like three occasions but he was up like 5 minutes later each time, my eyebrows certainly raised a bit, plus I find it hard to believe that Hell and a midget court room are underneath the ring as well.

Enfinit

After five years of watching WWE i'm beginning to wonder? is it perhaps scripted? I mean earlier this year Kane asphyxiated Cena on like three occasions but he was up like 5 minutes later each time, my eyebrows certainly raised a bit, plus I find it hard to believe that Hell and a midget court room are underneath the ring as well.

Don't forget about that time John "Superman" Cena saved Zack Ryder from being dragged down into the depths of hell in the center of the ring from Soulplaya Kane.

Don't forget about that time John "Superman" Cena saved Zack Ryder from being dragged down into the depths of hell in the center of the ring from Soulplaya Kane.

And lets not forget the most mystifying thing of all that makes me question the legitimacy of this sport, surely Zack Ryder could change that tire faster!

Ultratech

And lets not forget the most mystifying thing of all that makes me question the legitimacy of this sport, surely Zack Ryder could change that tire faster!

And don't forget when Cena got DDT'd on the concrete floor, yet acted as though nothing happened just 2 minutes later. Or when he got hit with a water bottle and got KO'd.

Hmm...

Speaking of Ryder barely escaping Hell...how did Edge make it out? Didn't DA UNDATAKAH send him there? How ever did he escape?

(lol)

Kaladin

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS, SHOCKING NEWS!

captureprz.png

Now, I think sabry here is definitely onto something, Ray back's loss to Punk certainly did seem like it was rigged. This shit is fake y'all! We need to move on to a real sport like Cycling or something!

For a second, I was wondering when Rey Mysterio faced CM Punk in a Cell.

And don't forget when Cena got DDT'd on the concrete floor, yet acted as though nothing happened just 2 minutes later. Or when he got hit with a water bottle and got KO'd.

Hmm...

Speaking of Ryder barely escaping Hell...how did Edge make it out? Didn't DA UNDATAKAH send him there? How ever did he escape?

(lol)

He climbed out of hell earning his hobo beard in the process since it took him 4 months to get out and he had no time to shave before saving us from the true hell of HHH vs Kozlov.

And Water is serious business, Cena hasn't been the same around water since Barrett splashed it in his face and laughed heartily.

3 things i've learned from viewing Smackdown so far...
- The opening theme changed at some point and I didn't even notice, huzzah!
- Great Khali is back, bugger
- Lawler is back in 2 weeks, bugger

15 minutes until Dragon Gate USA presents Fearless 2012;

DGUSA - Fearless 2012 - November 2nd - Everett, MA - 8pm EST

ibjkWFhBubKAW8.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-11-02-12.html

• AR Fox vs. Ricochet
  • Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs. The Super Smash Brothers
  • Rich Swann (c), CIMA & ACH vs. Chuck Taylor (c), Orange Cassidy & Drew Gulak - Captain's Fall Match
  • Akira Tozawa vs. Jon Davis
  • Sami Callihan vs. Samuray Del Sol
  • Johnny Gargano vs. EITA
    Scott Reed & Caleb Konley with Larry Dallas & Trina vs. Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez

Really looking forward to the top 3 matches on the card, and Callihan vs Samuray Del Sol will hopefully be good on the undercard. EITA Kobayashi has a lot of hype in Dragon Gate Japan, and Gargano is probably the best choice to introduce him to US fans. Should be a good show, well worth $9.99.

*edit, stream is live.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy Shiet Sin Cara talked in front of the crowd on Main Event...Except he talked in spanish lol

It,'s so weird he was injured for six months and nobody at WWE thought of sending him an English coach so he could actually cut a basic promo in English when he returned.

Alucard

Banned

Really looking forward to the top 3 matches on the card, and Callihan vs Samuray Del Sol will hopefully be good on the undercard. EITA Kobayashi has a lot of hype in Dragon Gate Japan, and Gargano is probably the best choice to introduce him to US fans. Should be a good show, well worth $9.99.

*edit, stream is live.

Is BxB Hulk still in DG? Haven't seen his name on any cards. What about Masato Yoshino and Dragon Kid?

tm24

. Also, "New Japan announced that it’s popular collaboration with Mexican giants CMLL will expand in 2013! “FANTASTICA MANIA 2013″ will run over three shows next January instead of two after the concept has been such a success
fuck yes. Fantasticamania has always had really fun matchups. We'll probably see a La Sombra vs Prince Devitt matchup, Tanahashi vs Rush and Masara Dorada doing some sort of crazy shit.

Show is live! Gargano vs EITA is up first.

Is BxB Hulk still in DG? Haven't seen his name on any cards. What about Masato Yoshino and Dragon Kid?

Yeah, all 3 guys are still there, but have been mostly concentrating on Dragon Gate Japan this year - BxB Hulk was last over in March, and Yoshino & Kid in July, I think.

tm24 said:
fuck yes. Fantasticamania has always had really fun matchups. We'll probably see a La Sombra vs Prince Devitt matchup, Tanahashi vs Rush and Masara Dorada doing some sort of crazy shit.

Yeah, I always enjoy those shows and they seem to go over great with the Japanese crowd. Lucha and puro really compliment each other well.

Enfinit

This is the first time in months I've had nothing better to do on a Friday, and now I ended up watching SmackDown. What is this "MizTV" crap? I thought I was watching SmackDown! Did they rename it MizTV?

Aiii

So not worth it
So the first thing Daniel Bryan did in my Universe Mode is win his WHC back from Sheamus at Extreme Rules. WWE '13 is clearly better at booking then WWE themselves are.

*edit, stream is live.

I will have to catch the replay later =(

ecurbj

I got my copy of WWE 13 today for the PS3. I got the strategy guide with it for free too.

ibsVnNSJMESUc6.jpg

I'm going to play it after I finish watching SmackDown.

Good opening match!
Gargano submits EITA with the Gargano Escape
. EITA looked impressive and has some slick offence. He hit a disgusting Cop Killa/Kudo Driver variant, where he uses one arm to hold the other guy's legs over his shoulders. Dropped Gargano right on the back of his neck.

Alucard

Banned
Good opening match!
Gargano submits EITA with the Gargano Escape
. EITA looked impressive and has some slick offence. He hit a disgusting Cop Killa/Kudo Driver variant, where he uses one arm to hold the other guy's legs over his shoulders. Dropped Gargano right on the back of his neck.

Yeah, I'll probably catch up to this in 2-3 years. Haha. I want to buy the DVDs chronologically, although I'm tempted to splurge on the ones where Bryan Danielson returned.

Top Bottom