• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This man knows what's up.

Also, Eve;

iEri6tFp37ptK.jpg

She's undressing JR with her eyes.

Diablos54

Nobody else sells tickets like Cena, gets ratings like Cena, and sells merch like Cena.

Ratings? Which are down in the pan? Merch? Isn't Punk/Bryan selling more ATM?

You can't churn the next Cena out of a factory, you have to get lightning in a bottle.

Which they had (Punk/Bryan) and they still fucked it up.

Orton has no charisma and D-bry, as great as he is, can't be taken seriously. He's a borderline comedy wrestler now and just too small to be considered a dominant champion.
Too small? Wow, come on Heavy don't be stupid. Was Y2J big? HBK? Eddie? Must I go on?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I remember Triple H/Rock ironman match for the WWF title. They were tied up with a minute left. Biketaker debuted, chokeslammed Triple H, and Triple H won by DQ.

You know, in wrestling you say never say never, but with Vicky Guerrero she's the exception to the rule, she's never going to turn face. She gets instant atomic heat just for walking out like no one else on the roster. It may be x-pac heat for a lot of us, but it's more heat than anyone generates on the roster, and they'd have to build someone else up to that level before loosing that.

While I agree that I wouldn't want to make her face without having another heel that can generate even half as much heat as her, I just see it as a possibility. She has improved so much from someone with seemingly no intention of ever being in front of a camera let alone a wrestling on-screen character to one of the biggest consistent heat generators in the business.

I think people can respect that. Hell, I think back to her tribute Frog Splash at Wrestlemania and I definitely think one day (in the far far far flung future) Vickie can be accepted as a face and even cheered by the fans.

gurudyne

You realize it's not Cena's fault he's everywhere, right? He shouldn't have to take time off since no one else can carry the company like he does.

It's hard to call these things with as much politicking as there is in wrestling. I refuse to believe there's no Hogan-like favoritism going on in the back with Cena, so I consider him culpable. And even if he's not, then fine, just assume everytime I say Cena, I mean "Cena's bookers".

And my point was that they should spend the next few months building people up to beat him clean, let hem beat him clean, then he should take time off to refresh and stop getting shoved down our throats as the next coming of IAmARealAmericanJesus while the main event scene rounds out a little.

Kaladin

Cena has incredible charisma and mic skills. People's hate for him cloud that fact. You can't create Cenas out of thin air.

I'll give you that Cena has incredible charisma, but his promos have been lazy for years, and he gets away with it because of how over he is. He's loved by the kids and women and hated by the older crowd and men. No one generates the kind of heat/cheers he does because no one else is really given the chance to aside from Punk and Punk does get reaction that in some crowds, but when Cena dominates PPVs when he's not even in a title match against Punk it kind of kills any chance Punk would have of getting over like Cena is.

So whos left in the IWC roster now that AJ is out

-Punk
-Bryan
-Ziggler
-Cesaro
-Rollins
-Ambrose
-Kane
-Sandow
-Barret
-Kaitlyn(?)
-Orton(Heel)

Edit: Ziggler added

Nobody else sells tickets like Cena, gets ratings like Cena, and sells merch like Cena. You can't churn the next Cena out of a factory, you have to get lightning in a bottle. Orton has no charisma and D-bry, as great as he is, can't be taken seriously. He's a borderline comedy wrestler now and just too small to be considered a dominant champion.

Man, that's not the point. If there's one guy you mainly rely on for your ticket sales, your ratings and your merch sales, then there's a problem. Cena being forced to take time off to heal would force WWE to do what they have been so reluctant to do over the past 5+ years; take the focus off of Cena.

Also, you say there's no one who can do what Cena does. Well, the idea is to take the guys you have, disguise their negatives and enhance their positives, which is EXACTLY what they did with Cena to make him such a star in the first place. And sure, a lot of that was Cena, was hit innate charisma and ability, but it was also because he was protected properly.

Ratings? Which are down in the pan? Merch? Isn't Punk/Bryan selling more ATM?
And the ratings would be even worse if Cena wasn't around. I don't know about the merch sales for sure but I seriously doubt it.

Which they had (Punk/Bryan) and they still fucked it up.
Neither of them have the staying power and consistency that Cena has.

Too small? Wow, come on Heavy don't be stupid. Was Y2J big? HBK? Eddie? Must I go on?
I'm trying to be a realist here and his size is definitely an issue. Y2J and Eddie were never the #1 guys and HBK wasn't that small... his size was deceptive, he's 6'1". D-bry isn't even over 6 feet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Orton has been getting BURIED for months. If it was anyone else, the internet would be ablaze with rage.

The real sad part is that he's been performing a lot better.

Orton has been getting BURIED for months. If it was anyone else, the internet would be ablaze with rage.

The real sad part is that he's been performing a lot better.

I think even some Orton fans can concede that if Orton is a face then it's much better to use him to build up other guys at this point in his career. Heel Orton is where his character can truly develop and grow anyway.

Kaladin

What triple threat match was this?

I forget who it was against but it was on Raw during the suit Jericho heel phase and Jericho went on a tirade about being DQ'd in a triple threat match for bringing in a chair because triple threat matches are supposed to be NO DQ.

Ithil

So whos left in the IWC roster now that AJ is out

-Punk
-Bryan
-Ziggler
-Cesaro
-Rollins
-Ambrose
-Kane
-Sandow
-Barret
-Kaitlyn(?)
-Orton(Heel)

Edit: Ziggler added

"Kissing John Cena in a storyline" is a strange thing to break the camel's back and have AJ thrown off the IWC favourites list.

Top Bottom