• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They're based out of Lawton Oklahoma. I know they were doing ippv's on go fight live. I haven't made it to a show yet but I'd like to check it out sometime. Not sure how they got their deal.

Thanks! I don't know how they got a deal with CSN in Washington DC. Seems like a big budget network to waste television time with. Besides this show was a build up to a ppv that took place in September. STUPID.

SAW was on the Comcast channel but that channel will air anything.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the fuck

this guy was wrestling with a big wig on and kept having to pick it up off the ground to put it back on. The dude he was wrestling had to oversell everything to buy him time to put the wig on. Wig dude brings a foreign object in the ring. They ref takes it and while the ref starts a 3 minute conversation with whoever he gives the object to, the wig guy splashes the other guy with some shit in a bottle. The ref sees all this liquid on the mat and doesn't investigate.
Wig guy starts to apply the sloppiest texas cloverleaf in history and before he can finish putting it on, the other guy taps out.

/indiewrestling

their titantron is a 46" lg hdtv attached to a wall

"coming from a Jedi I just got to say...go FORCE yourself"

Kaladin

DGUSA was its normal amount of awesome. 2 nights down looking forward to the show tomorrow night but not the trip to Long Island.

It was a good show but that crowd was shit. I loved Del Sol/Tozawa, SSB/Ricochet & Swann & Callihan/Generico. The rest were good but those were the highlights for me. I take that back, hated The Scene vs The Gentlemen's Club. Not a fan of either group.

It was a good show but that crowd was shit. I loved Del Sol/Tozawa, SSB/Ricochet & Swann & Callihan/Generico. The rest were good but those were the highlights for me. I take that back, hated The Scene vs The Gentlemen's Club. Not a fan of either group.

That was still fun live. The crowd was shit but we enjoy it regardless. I don't know how people sit on their hands but whatever. Tomorrow will complete my DGUSA perfect attendance this year.

strobogo

Banned
Soul, have you played WWE 13 yet? The Brothers of Destruction campaign will probably make you moist. So much Kane. 3 different costumes, plus modern Kane.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soul, have you played WWE 13 yet? The Brothers of Destruction campaign will probably make you moist. So much Kane. 3 different costumes, plus modern Kane.
Naw, but I'm picking it up next week. I wasn't going to, but I fell for it again, lol. I am hyped that Kane actually gets a dedicated story, finally.

BTW everyone, here is Undertaker a while back on Jimmy Kimmel. Be amazed at what his job was before wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FiofKzylY&feature=related

bigkrev

Was at DGUSA as well, loved the show. Could have done without the comedy match involving Gentelmen's club, and the lack of any heat in the Jon Davis/Gargano angle really hurt, but the 2 main events and the opening matches, especially the Samuray Del Sol match, ruled. Will continue to go to any show at Skatezone (5 mins from house), but still not sure if I'd ever buy an ippv

gurudyne

I actually really don't approve of these kinds of skits. They basically say light physical/sexual assault is okay. It's not cool.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month ends.
Cena forcibly kisses his boss three days later.

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding. "Real men wear pink (31 days out of the year)!"

Even from a non-creative standpoint, examining this from the lens of simple entertainment, this is pretty repugnant.

strobogo

Banned
Naw, but I'm picking it up next week. I wasn't going to, but I fell for it again, lol. I am hyped that Kane actually gets a dedicated story, finally.

BTW everyone, here is Undertaker a while back on Jimmy Kimmel. Be amazed at what his job was before wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FiofKzylY&feature=related

I mean, it's really more about The Undertaker than Kane. But you might actually play more as Kane during it. Seemed like it, at least. I haven't really noticed many bugs this year, so far atleast. I've encountered less this year than even after multiple patches on last year's. Most of them are commentary related with the occasional snap suplex being called a release German suplex and some random wrong names being said (like during X-Pac vs The Rock, JR shouted out VAL VENIS). Only one actual bug that forced me to start something over when during The Rock vs HHH ladder match, I hit the pedigree and the camera stayed in the weird super close zoomed in mode.

It's a bummer to go from Attitude Era mode into Universe when you see that the modern day stuff is just as lifeless and commentary is the same repeating nonsense for the past 5 years. Attitude Era FEELS like the Attitude Era. And Universe sadly feels like today in comparison.

Lunchbox

Banned
are white belts cool?

i saw this bootleg billabong belt on ebay for 4 bucks and ordered it, then saw some videos of weirdos and emos wearing them

what did i order

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Breast Cancer Awareness Month ends.
Cena forcibly kisses his boss three days later.

The cognitive dissonance here is astounding. "Real men wear pink (31 days out of the year)!"

Even from a non-creative standpoint, examining this from the lens of simple entertainment, this is pretty repugnant.

Agreed, but this is also par for the course. WWE has always had an enormous amount of cognitive dissonance on a huge variety of issues. Irritates me.

are white belts cool?

i saw this bootleg billabong belt on ebay for 4 bucks and ordered it, then saw some videos of weirdos and emos wearing them

what did i order

the-ultimate-warrior.jpg

I remember as a kid being hyped about Marty winning the IC Title. Then like three weeks later, Shawn comes out wearing the title and Vince explains he won it the night before. Salt.

strobogo

Banned
I'm more excited about the Cesaro-Truth US Championship at this point. Is this supposed to happen?

Cesaro would be the best IC champion in such a long time.

Truth/Claudio sounds like a terrible mix of styles. The only upside I can see to a match between them is Claudio uppercutting Truth's head off while he's dancing in the middle of a match. Maybe Truth does the splits, turns around and gets hit with the pop up Euro. Or he does his dancing while he has Claudio on the ropes and as soon as he stops and turns around, Claudio hits the diving uppercut.

So since this week is the last RAW before the US election do you think WWE got the candidates to record super scripted, cheesy wrestling themed speeches like they did the in 08?

Obama can use that "if you smell what Barack is cooking" line again.

Romney could say he the voice of the voiceless or something.

strobogo

Banned
Holy shit, during the Half Time Heat match, I'm pretty sure they either have Sgt. Slaughter or a sound alike doing "THIS IS AWESOME" chants. Completely by himself. There are also periodic massive ECW chants, which make little sense since the arena is empty. And I swear I heard Sam Kinison's OH OH OHHHHHH thing in there somewhere.

Lunchbox

Banned
Holy shit, during the Half Time Heat match, I'm pretty sure they either have Sgt. Slaughter or a sound alike doing "THIS IS AWESOME" chants. Completely by himself. There are also perioditc massive ECW chants, which make little sense since the arena is empty. And I swear I heard Sam Kinison's OH OH OHHHHHH thing in there somewhere.

jokes on you for watching a heat game

even florida people dont do that

Holy shit, during the Half Time Heat match, I'm pretty sure they either have Sgt. Slaughter or a sound alike doing "THIS IS AWESOME" chants. Completely by himself. There are also periodic massive ECW chants, which make little sense since the arena is empty. And I swear I heard Sam Kinison's OH OH OHHHHHH thing in there somewhere.

Really? I had nothing at all, it sounded really awkward. I didn't have commentary either until Vince Out Of Nowhere.

I really appreciate the details they have in Attirude Mode. Like the right entrance themes; there's at least 3 different Mankind themes in the game.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, but it makes some of the liberties taken really glaring and annoying. Like Foley's title win. You have Austin coming down as part of the match you have to do, but then it doesn't show him hitting Rock with the chair for you to win. Then, it uses the audio of the celebration of Foley's win, but doesn't have DX celebrating with him or even his laps around the ring.

It sounds like some of the show audio was redubbed. Mostly HHH in the DX story and some of the JR and King commentary that was toned down. Or completely redone for just about everything happening from late 98-WM XV since JR wasn't around for any of it. It's usually just something like attires not being quite right.

The biggest thing I can't figure out is why "ass" is cut out of the NAO intro, but Bad Ass Billy Gunn isn't. What a weird line to draw.

Kyoufu

So since this week is the last RAW before the US election do you think WWE got the candidates to record super scripted, cheesy wrestling themed speeches like they did the in 08?

Obama can use that "if you smell what Barack is cooking" line again.

Romney could say he the voice of the voiceless or something.

Why bury Punk by attaching him to Romney?

Top Bottom