• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

ecurbj

That was some good editing in that video. I really thought Stone Cold was talking to Punk for a minute.

Edit: That second video was hilarious as fuck!

strobogo

Banned
Punk endorsing Romney would be a pretty heel thing to do

Would it? What are the breakdowns on pro wrassle fans political habits? He'd have to do it in the NE or California.

I can't fucking believe Austin cut this promo on Miz or whoever it was instead of Punk... fuck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBdTKZj-HSM

edit: OMG LOOOOOOOOOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJ6NUivwXU&feature=related

No shit, the closest thing Austin has had to a match since WM 19 and it was wasted on Miz and Alex Riley? The fuck?

Chopper

Does anyone have any idea when tickets go on sale for the Wrestlemania Revenge tour in the UK next year? I wanna get Raw tickets at the O2 again! Isn't it normally around this time?

Recent New Japan house show from the 'Road to Power Struggle' tour;

NJPW, "ROAD TO POWER STRUGGLE", 2012.10.25
Toyohashi City Gymnasium #2
1,350 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2b7fu

01. Takaaki Watanabe vs Tomohiro Ishii

02. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) & Tiger Mask vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) & Gedo

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Negro Casas & BUSHI vs Low Ki, Brian Kendrick & Jado

04. Karl Anderson, Wataru Inoue & Captain New Japan vs Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka

05. Yuji Nagata, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi) vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Hirooki Goto vs Kazuchika Okada, Yujiro Takahashi & YOSHI-HASHI

Also, here's TAKA Michinoku's 20th Anniversary match that sees KAIENTAI reform and team with CIMA;

TAKA Michinoku, FUNAKI & CIMA vs Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & NOSAWA Rongai - (K-DOJO 10/15/12)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk endorsing Romney would be a pretty heel thing to do

Nah, popular vote is almost split, you really don't win either way.

tumblr_lqb24muoKD1qeogywo1_400.gif

Kaladin

Final night of the Dragon Gate USA weekend! Join us!

WBVmR.jpg

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match - Four Way Elimination
Johnny Gargano vs. Akira Tozawa vs. AR Fox vs. Ricochet

Tag Team Bonus Main Event
Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito vs. El Generico & Samuray Del Sol

First Time Ever Match
CIMA vs. Sami Callihan

JUST ADDED - No DQ Match
Rich Swann vs. Chuck Taylor

Tag Team Challenge Match
Jigsaw & Fire Ant vs. The Super Smash Brothers

Special Attraction Match
Arik Cannon vs. ACH

Special Challenge Tag Team Match
Tony Nese & Papadon vs. Scott Reed & Caleb Konley with Larry Dallas & Trina

Special Challenge Match
Jon Davis vs.EITA

Notes from the ROH TV Tapings;

. The new authority figure is;
Nigel McGuinness
Nigel
announced a new TV Title belt would be debuted at Final Battle.
. Tadarius Thomas impressed again in a match with Roderick Strong.
. Adam Cole defended the TV title against Kyle O'Reilly in a reportedly great match that saw
a Takayama/Frye spot and Cole retaining with the Florida Key
. Bobby Fish returned and
appears to be teaming with Kyle O'Reilly, as O'Reilly turned on Richards and Fish helped the beat down
RD Evans vs Prince Nana
is signed for Final Battle.
. Davey Richards faced Michael Elgin in another Match of the Year contender.
Elgin picked up the win after hitting his buckle-bomb, Liger bomb combo
Jerry Lynn
will be wrestling at Final Battle.
. Jay Lethal said he was annoyed not to be in the title picture, but said he will wrestle an ROH Champion at Final Battle.
. The main event at Final Battle will be
a Ladder War match!

So far, the probable card for the Final Battle 2012 iPPV is shaping up like this;

. ROH World Title Match; Kevin Steen (c) vs El Generico -
Ladder War
Match
. The House of Truth Implodes; Michael Elgin vs Roderick Strong
. ROH World Tag Team Title Match; Steve Corino & Jimmy Jacobs (c) vs The Briscoe Brothers
. ROH World TV Title Match; Adam Cole (c) vs ???
. Grudge Match;
RD Evans vs Prince Nana
Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish
vs Davey Richards & ??? (possible American Wolves reunion?)
. Rhett Titus & BJ Whitmer vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
. Jerry Lynn vs ???

Final night of the Dragon Gate USA weekend! Join us!

I'll be watching this one after all, I just hope the replay of last night's show goes up soon so I can watch it first.

strobogo

Banned
Some of the randomness in my 3 weeks of Universe mode:

Kane turning on Daniel Bryan in a match against Car Stereo. After Rey got the pin, JBL and Hunico attacked.

Otunga and Cener in a blood feud.

Billy Gunn turning on Road Dogg in the first match they had as a team. HHH celebrated with Billy after he and RD had a match. Hawk came out to watch.

X-Pac turning heel by attacked Jeff Hardy during a match with Gangrel.

Primo and Goldust having a great feud only on NXT even though it is set up as the minor show. I keep trying to get Epico involved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How are you suppose to play Universe mode, I don't get it, man! Are you just suppose to watch all the matches or what?

I skip most of them, but people I know play each match and enjoy the storylines that develop.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF is gonna be sick this week! Tune in right after Raw for the LIVE STREAM

Here is Honest Bootaaay's KOTR bracket for the GWF:

eKFXD.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't put too much stock into the ratings, nobody is an excellent all-arounder. Don't worry Soul.

Izick

Ring of Honor last night was fucking amazing!

It was my first every live wrestling event, and it was pretty much everything I hoped for. So many great matches were had, and it was 4 show tapings, so we got about 4 and a half hours of quality stuff. Crowd was fantastic, so much so that Kelly said he said ROH may plan on taping here instead of Baltimore from now on. Not sure if he was blowing smoke, but either way the crowd was pretty fantastic. I loved chanting and clapping, it's just so much fun to see a crowd that's not "too cool" like you see every Monday night on RAW.

For those of you that are planning on watching, all I'll say is that you have some really great matches in the future. I'll just give you a hint that I saw one of the best hardcore matches I can remember in recent memory.

Also Bootaaay, did you go to the show last night?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ring of Honor last night was fucking amazing!

It was my first every live wrestling event, and it was pretty much everything I hoped for. So many great matches were had, and it was 4 show tapings, so we got about 4 and a half hours of quality stuff. Crowd was fantastic, so much so that Kelly said he said ROH may plan on taping here instead of Baltimore from now on. Not sure if he was blowing smoke, but either way the crowd was pretty fantastic. I loved chanting and clapping, it's just so much fun to see a crowd that's not "too cool" like you see every Monday night on RAW.

For those of you that are planning on watching, all I'll say is that you have some really great matches in the future. I'll just give you a hint that I saw one of the best hardcore matches I can remember in recent memory.

I hear ROH is night and day vs people there live against people watching it on TV.

Izick

I hear ROH is night and day vs people there live against people watching it on TV.

I've seen a few dozen tapings, and I don't know if it's their sound capturing/mixing or what, but there were constant chants, cheers, claps, and noise for the most part. Sometimes the crowd would go silent if someone was really getting into a promo, but I saw that as a good thing. I saw it as people being really engaged and excited.

It was fantastic! My voice is actually shot today, but so totally worth it.

I should remain impartial, but I believe fellow-Brit Laserfrog has the edge here. His training in British catch-as-catch-can wrestling will surely win him the day, barring any dastardly tactics from his opponents.

Nah, I wish, I'm in the UK - just recapping from various results I read.

Glad you had fun man, sounded like a great set of tapings. Can't wait to watch Richard/Elgin and that
Jay Briscoe/Steve Corino street fight
which sounded like a ton of fun.

Izick

Nah, I wish, I'm in the UK - just recapping from various results I read.

Glad you had fun man, sounded like a great set of tapings. Can't wait to watch Richard/Elgin and that
Jay Briscoe/Steve Corino street fight
which sounded like a ton of fun.

Those two matches were the best probably all night; the former is one of the greatest non-PPV matches I think I've ever seen in my life (not to build it up too much, but it's one of those matches that I'll always remember) and the latter is one of the coolest and creative matches I've seen in a long time. In the hardcore match, I was getting shades of WCW vs. nWo because
Briscoe
kept taking things from actual people in the crowd, from a
water-bottle
to a
shoe
, and there was a spot were
Corino
got two fans to
hold up two chairs by each other two throw Briscoe into.
And the ending was one of the best I've ever seen in a hardcore match as well, with the level of stuff in the ring being amazing. I just hope
Corino is okay. He looked like he really got fucked up on the last part of the match, and I'm not sure if it was a work or what. Either way, the dude is a legend in my book.

Sokantish

Et tu, Wrasslegaf?
Traitors the lot of you, the frog cannot take to the skies, it can only flee into the watery depths from the hunter of the night, paddy power will rake in the money from your gambling blunders!

Don't worry, I'd still bet on Laserfrog even if he was fighting Bo Jackson

G-Fex

Et tu, Wrasslegaf?
Traitors the lot of you, the frog cannot take to the skies, it can only flee into the watery depths from the hunter of the night, paddy power will rake in the money from your gambling blunders!

oh my bad I forgot about you owl.

I like the owls odds! He's a bird of prey

To be fair Soulplaya is a threat and he has beaten Ithil before.

Ithil used to be a Juggernaut

Top Bottom