• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_md0qq6pe541rjf5gzo1_1280.jpg

...and the WWE seems to know nothing about striking while the iron is hot. People WANTED to know more about the three NXT guys. They probably could have handled 30 minutes of a 3-hour show dedicated to them, Punk, and Heyman. But nope..."Not quite sure where we're going with this just yet...let's just do last night's ending again, okay? Hopefully, we'll have written more of the story by next week."

Fuck you.
Even if they knew, they wouldn't do it. They have time until the next PPV, and the WWE doesn't start building up to a non-WM PPV until 3 weeks before it.

Ithil

For one ugly second I thought Ryback was about to start moping the floor with the NXThree, he started shoving them around. But luckily he got beat down in the end.

strobogo

Banned
This sounds so WCW. Have smaller, internet darlings be the headliners of the show, book a terrible show leading up to them, and then have their actual segment be shitty too. All so Hogan can say, "see, these midgets aren't ratings, brother". I bet the ratings breakdown will show people tuning out in droves half way through the show when they have had nothing about the only interesting angle to come out of SS. So when it finally gets to the final segment, I expect ratings are going to be shockingly low, to which it will be spun as Punk/internet darlings aren't ratings.

Classic WCW.

I dreamt that the undertaker was communicating with me through water cress and was giving me fitness advice. What does it mean?!

It means that you need better roughage, because watercress is a pretty lackluster part of a meal.

I heard that Ricki Starr talks to people through heads of cabbage, maybe you should switch over to that.

What do you guys think is the Wrestling logic behind someone's music playing when they run-in unexpectedly. Do you think they stop at the sound guy and say "Hit my music I'm going out there!" or do you think the sound guy notices they are heading out and quickly plays their theme?

It's probably supposed to be the latter, since there are times where they sneak out there and avoid having their intro triggered.

It's kinda weird, but not as bad as how they'll switch the music from one wrestler to another as soon as they do something distinctive. They could just cut the music altogether, but they don't, because...well, I just don't know.

TheNatural

My Member!
What do you guys think is the Wrestling logic behind someone's music playing when they run-in unexpectedly. Do you think they stop at the sound guy and say "Hit my music I'm going out there!" or do you think the sound guy notices they are heading out and quickly plays their theme?

They have sensors that magically do it. Sorts of like how backstage the camera is run by a Super Mario 64 esque Lakitu.

strobogo

Banned

$(KGrHqMOKnIE5!D3Hz18BOUddNfpwQ~~48_35.JPG

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

The titantron is magic. Don't question the magic titantron. That's why it's above everything. We worship the titantron as a god.

McNei1y

I like the idea of stopping by the sound guy. I wonder how far the walk is from the sound guy to the ring. The music hits and sometimes people don't come out for another 10-20 seconds.

I get confused when people are surprised they're booked for a match even though that's their job.

Me: "What? You're telling me I have to type up this report by Friday?" *flips desk*

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, looks like it's gonna be tables, ladders, and chairs between Punk and Ryback. Or Ryback and the NXT guys perhaps? What do you guys think?

Ithil

Yeah, looks like it's gonna be tables, ladders, and chairs between Punk and Ryback. Or Ryback and the NXT guys perhaps? What do you guys think?

I'm gonna guess TLC for the tag team titles, Chairs match for the WHC, Ladder match for the WWE title, and a Tables match in there somewhere.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Rysnack vs. the 3 nXt guys in a ladder match. Winner gets

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

Cena is gona be on Smackdown too??? da fuck

Alucard

Banned
Alright. Gotta work in the morning. I've regretted staying up for Raw's ending for the past 4-5 weeks straight. Fuck. Good night. Here are some pictures of wrestling stuff I like and have liked.

Bryan_Danielson_by_EightRedd.png
bret-hart-06.jpg
mr-perfect.jpg
owen_hart1.jpg
cm-punk-bio.png
250px-El_Generico-pro-wrestling-is-real-dangit.jpg
chris-jericho_5763.jpg

UberTag

John Cena ‏@JohnCena

I am headed to grand rapids right now for early morn MRI on left knee. @WWE no matter what the result, I will be in the ring tomorrow!

:(
Clearly Cena must lose his legs before we're finally rid of him. :(
Then again, he'd probably just get the Zach Gowen push at that point.
Cena would still overcome the odds and beat everyone as a 0-legged wrestler.

So, who thinks CM Punk will beat Cena's 380 day reign?
He will definitely beat it now that they aren't even feuding anymore. All he has to do is make it past 3 more RAWs.

It's gonna be Rock vs Punk at the Rumble unless they swerve and make Cena a transitional champion.

GBONZZZZ

He will definitely beat it now that they aren't even feuding anymore. All he has to do is make it past 3 more RAWs.

Yeah, I don't even think there's a PPV in the next 3 weeks (am I wrong?). It'll be pretty cool to see, didn't think anybody would beat that for a while

Paracelsus

What if they start a long feud between Cena and Ziggler for the WHC on the road to WMania and they actually go for a "fripol fret" with Punk, Bork and Rock?

Yeah, I don't even think there's a PPV in the next 3 weeks (am I wrong?). It'll be pretty cool to see, didn't think anybody would beat that for a while
Cena's record is broken on dec 5th, TLC is on the 16th. Cena if not injured will likely get a title shot the RAW before his record is broken as "last shot" to stop Punk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I missed Raw. Did I seriously miss nothing though? Nothing happened? Really?

I missed Raw. Did I seriously miss nothing though? Nothing happened? Really?
I highly enjoyed Ziggler's thrashing of Cena, Titus on commentary was pretty good but not as good, and CM Punk's celebration of 365 was great. I like that he knew the date he would beat Bruno Sammartino's record. Knowing WWE, they probably screwed up the math but I didn't feel like checking.

GBONZZZZ

Cena's record is broken on dec 5th, TLC is on the 16th. Cena if not injured will likely get a title shot the RAW before his record is broken as "last shot" to stop Punk

Could totally see this happening, are you a writer?????

Edit: Did Cena ACTUALLY pull a Vinny Mac/Kevin Nash and injure himself whilst entering/leaving the ring?

Izick

Beth Phoenix was the sexiest diva.

Raw was pretty shit. I'm tired of the WWE not knowing what the fuck to do, and thus just using the same filler over and over again as an excuse for lack of content. It feels like a bed stretch of DBZ episodes at this point.

Reiko

Banned
Beth Phoenix was the sexiest diva.

Raw was pretty shit. I'm tired of the WWE not knowing what the fuck to do, and thus just using the same filler over and over again as an excuse for lack of content. It feels like a bed stretch of DBZ episodes at this point.

It's been filler since Punk attacked Rock at the 1000th Episode until now.

Top Bottom