• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Edgeward

Man, Ryback should really not have ever gotten on the mic. Any presence he had is immediately lost when he speaks anything other than his catchphrases.

Izick

It's been filler since Punk attacked Rock at the 1000th Episode until now.

I thought the Ryback thing was an interesting idea, but having Punk look like a complete bitch every single time and win only be cheating to degrees never seen before really is getting old for me. I really am disappointed with what they've done to Punk overall actually. I get that he has to be a heel, but I wish they didn't have to shoehorn him into the role of the everyheel. Complete pussbag, repeats the same one line over and over again, never given any interesting matches or shit to say...I don't know, it's just starting to really get old. You can still see real Punk at times (thought when he was mocking the past stars was interesting) but it seems like they just want to turn him into everyone else...

That's kind of the problem with the WWE right now. HWGS, or Homogeneous White Guy Syndrome (Miz, Cena, Wade, Cesaro, Sheamus, Ortunga, Orton, etc.) . They try and just make every face and every heel the exact same guy, with the same reactions to every situation, almost guaranteeing no surprises or anything. I mean it's always going to happen to a degree, but it's absolutely ludicrous how bad the WWE currently suffers from this. And instead of taking chances, they just stamp everyone into the completely boring, typical, predictable old-timey heel and face roles. I don't get the same excitement when I hear Cult of Personality hit like I did earlier on in Punk's run. It's just a shame to say that.

Man, Ryback should really not have ever gotten on the mic. Any presence he had is immediately lost when he speaks anything other than his catchphrases.

Yeah, it's almost funny how bad he is at talking.
..and wrestling.

McNei1y

So it's worth doing that for at least? I love me some PTP so I think I might be missing some Titus god-tier talk.

Yeah. The first two hours had;

Ryback talk on the mic about food, then beating Tensai. Wade vs Kofi where Wade came out strong (it was a decent match tbh), Miz vs Otunga and Miz won. R-Truth watched Cesaro do some awesome stuff to Brodus. Stupid scandal promo. Kaitlyn in a nice top vs Aksana. ADR and Randy Orton in a mediocre 2/3 falls count match.

That's all I can remember.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
lol What's the story behind this:

mt8Wp.gif

I pretty much missed the TNN era of WWE
Taker wanted to be drafted to SD! so he could be on Vince's show. To spite him, Ric Flair drafted him to RAW. Taker was pissed off about it.

BTW, I love that moment because even though Taker was a heel and Kane was a face, they still acknowledged that they liked each other.

Just like a few years ago when Kane was a heel and Taker was a face, but Stephanie still got Kane to call up Taker to convince him to face Randy Orton for her.

So Raw.....huh, that was a waste of time. Copy + Paste the end of the PPV with no hooks or new info which was pretty much all anyone was watching the show for. Yep...

Reiko

Banned
Taker wanted to be drafted to SD! so he could be on Vince's show. To spite him, Ric Flair drafted him to RAW. Taker was pissed off about it.

BTW, I love that moment because even though Taker was a heel and Kane was a face, they still acknowledged that they liked each other.

Just like a few years ago when Kane was a heel and Taker was a face, but Stephanie still got Kane to call up Taker to convince him to face Randy Orton for her.

Kane & Taker have now evolved past the point of being Heels or Faces.

They can just do whatever they want now.

It's more obvious with Kane since he's active.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane & Taker have now evolved past the point of being Heels or Faces.

They can just do whatever they want now.

It's more obvious with Kane since he's active.
It's just so shocking to see something make sense on WWE TV. Yes, one is a "bad guy" and the other a "good guy", but it doesn't matter because they are family, and that's not going to change.

But yes, they have clearly moved past heel/face. It means nothing to them.

Wait, did ambrose actually appear?
Yeah, for like 10 seconds, lol.

Sokantish

Take the ending to Survivor Series.

Change the Sunday to a Monday.

Put it on TV for free.

Voila.

I don't get you people saying they put it on TV for free. It was already the next day. Do you really think there are going to be that many people buying the PPV on tuesday and then after the ending of RAW they just say NAH NVM GOT IT FOR FREE. Also, the ending to SS was CM Punk pinning John Cena!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't get you people saying they put it on TV for free. It was already the next day. Do you really think there are going to be that many people buying the PPV on tuesday and then after the ending of RAW they just say NAH NVM GOT IT FOR FREE. Also, the ending to SS was CM Punk pinning John Cena!
Oh, put a sok in it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just started watching Raw...

FEED! ME! MORE!
(chicken!)
FEED! ME! MORE!
(chicken!)
FEED! ME! MORE!
(chicken!)

Well done sole member of the crowd, your efforts were appreciated.

Ithil

I missed Raw. Did I seriously miss nothing though? Nothing happened? Really?
The last hour is worth watching for the tag match with PTP on commentary, the Punk/Heyman promo at the end, and the backstage segment with Ziggler verbally demolishing AJ and beating the crap out of Cena (with 3MB in towels nearby for some reason).

What happened on Saturday Night Main Event?

Ms. Elizabeth was knocked out when Savage was thrown out of the ring and Hogan carried her to the back, but eventually Hogan came back out to finish the match. During the match Savage got pissed at Hogan and left, but Hogan managed to win anyway.

After the match Hogan went to the back and Savage got pissed at him and Elizabeth, then attacked Hogan with the belt.

strobogo

Banned
HHH is looking to have him inducted, I imagine it was him that told Heyman to say that line about Sammartino deserving to be in the HoF.

Probably not. Heyman brought Bruno and Superstar Graham up in his worked shoot before Survivor Series 2001, too. Because the internet knows you never mention Bruno, or something.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fuck WWE Creative and fuck fucking John Cena.

Also, fuck his fake injury so he can surprise return at the Rumble and win it OUTA NOWHERE.

Ms. Elizabeth was knocked out when Savage was thrown out of the ring and Hogan carried her to the back, but eventually Hogan came back out to finish the match. During the match Savage got pissed at Hogan and left, but Hogan managed to win anyway.

After the match Hogan went to the back and Savage got pissed at him and Elizabeth, then attacked Hogan with the belt.
Hogan had those jealous eyes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Heyman lays down some truth. As does Ziggler to AJ, trying to salvage what little of her character is left in the grand Cena-scheme of things. Because we all know Cena is too noble to take advantage of AJ and he REALY LIKES HER DAMNIT. Who else? Big Show, laying it down on the good Irishman for us.

Why do the heels make so much sense in WWE? How am I supposed to cheer for the faces? How is anyone?

WWE is lucky most of the crowd still goes: "Oh a face, must cheer this" instead of going: "Now, hang on a minute, Sheamus beating up Big Show for five minutes as he pleads for mercy is a bit dickish of him... BOOO!"

Laserfrog

Snitches get stitches, due to an impartial health care system that will treat anyone's wounds no matter what they've done.

Also Jake seems to be doing good with DDP, he's lost 40lbs.

Top Bottom