• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Mr. Sam

Orton/Del Rio and Hell No/Car Stereo were both very entertaining and, even though I fast forwarded through the rest of the AJ/Cena stuff, the toilet fight between Ziggler and Cena was oddly compelling. Bathroom Death Match. Book it.

I was kind of hoping that Punk was going to put his belt on Ryback and be like, "Here, you can keep this piece of shit." I knew in my heart of hearts it wasn't to be.

Linkified

So wait people complain storylines are rushed, WWE takes its time and so far is doing everything to this angle that Nexus should of been ... and you complain?

strobogo

Banned
What? It's been two nights. How has it been handled like Nexus should have been handled? Nexus was awesome right up to Summerslam when Cena killed them. People are complaining because they basically ignored the angle until the very end of the show and then did the exact same thing they did they night before. No elaboration. Just a straight up repeat of the night before.

Bean Ambrosia fans are all mad because he didn't get to SHOOT live on Raw.

I like how you can track exactly when Punk stopped working out and doing vegan stuff if you look at the gallery of his last 365 days as champion. He almost has abs when he wins the title, is in peak shape around WM, and then gets a little softer each month until you see what he is today.

Just caught up on SS and Raw......

Wow!

That is the kind of shit wrestling use to get me excited for, I'ma crawl back now and read over the pages of WrassleGAF going ape-shit in excitement.

Orton/Del Rio and Hell No/Car Stereo were both very entertaining and, even though I fast forwarded through the rest of the AJ/Cena stuff, the toilet fight between Ziggler and Cena was oddly compelling. Bathroom Death Match. Book it.

I was kind of hoping that Punk was going to put his belt on Ryback and be like, "Here, you can keep this piece of shit." I knew in my heart of hearts it wasn't to be.

It can be the new boiler room brawl, instead of piping hot steam you get ice cold toilet water.

Raw was Raw, which is to say it did Raw stuff and copy pasted the SS ending, this Cena storyline continues to be an unholy tragic mess, maybe it's a way to get more people behind Ziggler because any sane individual wants Cena to be obliterated for his awful role in this mess of a stroryline.
The rumble build can't come soon enough.

So wait people complain storylines are rushed, WWE takes its time and so far is doing everything to this angle that Nexus should of been ... and you complain?

Doing the same exact thing one night later without even an inch of forward progress is not the WWE "taking it's time," that's filler. You could SKIP last night's Raw, a show that comes directly after the debut of some renegade faction who may or may not be in cahoots with the WWE Champion, and not miss a thing. That's a problem. There's a time for slow burn angles, and there's a time to capitalize immediately to keep people excited. Last night should've been the latter, but instead we got what felt like 4 hours of the catastrophe known as the Vickie/AJ/Cena/Ziggler angle.

Though Dolph using Cena to rearrange the bathroom was fun, it doesn't excuse that terrible angle.

Same thing happened after HIAC with Maddox, they just went lolnope he prolly not here this week the next night after people tuned in to see the explanation - they'll prolly come out and explain things next week.

Just watched Raw and Titus was the highlight

It seemed him and King were having a blast, I liked the cheeky smile he gave King after the have a heart jibe just to make sure it was all ok

It was a clusterfuck but genuinely entertaining, been saying for a while but Titus could be a future star and make MILILIONS OF DOLLARS

Ithil

Seemed like they wanted to repeat the angle for the TV audience and continue it next week. Not much fun for the section of the audience that DID watch the PPV.

That and considering that this whole match was made up on the fly by Vince two weeks ago and the previous plan was just the Team Foley/Team Punk business, the NXT 3 idea is probably a week old at most and they probably wanted an extra week to try and figure out just where the hell they're actually going to go with this story, since these three are not Maddox where he was not worth much in developmental and could take the losses, they are high on these three guys.

Kyoufu

I guess the ending made sense.

Punk didn't form the group. They came to him? So they're earning his #RESPECT.

So either next week or the next PPV that he'll induct them all into the Four Punksmen.

Heyman was so right though. He and Punk add Attitude Era style promos and people shit on them while wanting Attitude Era back. Hypocrites.

Ithil

So either next week or the next PPV that he'll induct them all into the Four Punksmen.

Heyman was so right though. He and Punk add Attitude Era style promos and people shit on them while wanting Attitude Era back. Hypocrites.

Punk goes for anything to get heat (not that it ever lasts past a segment, he always gets cheered in the next one), I got that fine, his over the top heart attack act with Heyman was funny enough in its, er, attitude. What I really did not like was all the footage of the actual dying Lawler being shown (or hell, existing at all).

bart jr

Neo Member
What I really did not like was all the footage of the actual dying Lawler being shown (or hell, existing at all).

Exactly. Lawler collapses and is not breathing, but you take the time to have a cameraman follow him around while being resuscitated? That was by far the most offensive thing to me from that whole Lawler/Punk segment.

RBH

1353385232738.gif

Exactly. Lawler collapses and is not breathing, but you take the time to have a cameraman follow him around while being resuscitated? That was by far the most offensive thing to me from that whole Lawler/Punk segment.

You know Vince was screaming at them "GET A CAMERA GET A CAMERA ON IT, IF HE LIVES I'LL PUT IT ON THE BLU RAY BONUS FEATURES GAWD DAMMIT!"

Cena stumbling around made me laugh so much, that gif is awesome.

Kyoufu

They're supposed to film it for legal reasons in case Lawler's family tries to sue if he did not make it.

Striker

"Let's be honest, there's been a lot of victories". Heh.

Whole show seems to go through the motions so much. Only thing I'm curious about at the moment is how long they'll ride this Ambrose, Rollins, Roman thing until they burn it up like they do every other new angle. Hopefully Ambrose is permitted to speak for some promos, if not it's a total waste.

Ithil

They're supposed to film it for legal reasons in case Lawler's family tries to sue if he did not make it.

Be that as it may, there was no need to show it and sensationalize it. Do a segment about it with Punk, sure, but they made the very real heart attack look like a work.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Be that as it may, there was no need to show it and sensationalize it. Do a segment about it with Punk, sure, but they made the very real heart attack look like a work.

does it still burn from heyman dropping truth bombs on you last night?

As does Ziggler to AJ, trying to salvage what little of her character is left in the grand Cena-scheme of things.

Salvage her character? He was putting the final nail in the coffin. Calling her a slut to have the female wrestler who's finisher is slamming her knee into her opponents face respond with some 6 year old hand flailing only to be saved by her white knight does not make her look good. People liked her because when men wronged her in the past she schemed, played them against one and other then put them through tables. Now she's become the generic, weak, over-emotional cat-fighting diva who has to depend on men to defend her. AJ is dead.

Ithil

Salvage her character? He was putting the final nail in the coffin. Calling her a slut to have the female wrestler who's finisher is slamming her knee into her opponents face respond with some 6 year old hand flailing only to be saved by her white knight does not make her look good. People liked her because when men wronged her in the past she schemed, played them against one and other then put them through tables. Now she's become the generic, weak, over-emotional cat-fighting diva who has to depend on men to defend her. AJ is dead.

In a good world that would signal a revamp of her character to actually use her talents instead of forcing her into a role she has no business being in.

Aiii

So not worth it

What are you on about? Ziggler was telling her how she would take any man's attention and overattach herself to that guy becoming borderline obsessive about it. Exactly what her character was.

The whole remainder of your rant is just describing what every person Cena is allied to becomes the second they have a program with him. They end up in trouble and Cena has to save them. Cena only has two storylines. Cena overcomes and wins title or Cena overcomes and saves ally.

Brinbe

Yep, AJ's character has only gotten worse as they've elevated her. At least she tangentially led to team hell no, so she's good for something I guess?

Raw ending was also fantastic. Gonna re-watch it now. =)

Ithil

Yep, AJ's only gotten worse as they've elevated her. At least she tangentially led to team hell no, so she's good for something I guess?

If only she'd gotten to be Hell No's valet/manager. Her relationships with Bryan and Kane were by far her most entertaining.

PopfulMail

Last hour saved RAW for me last night. Titus, Ziggles/AJ and then Punk and Paul... all good stuff in my book. Was hoping for more of the NXT guys... but whatever... I'll give it time.

Going to pick up the Attitude blu ray at lunch today.

Mr. Sam

Worthwhile stuff on last night's Raw (definitive edition):
  • Orton versus Del Rio - played out, yes, but a damn good match for free TV.
  • Ziggler putting Cena through a toilet cubicle.
  • Hell No versus Car Stereo. Don't get why you guys like Prime Time Players so much, though - is it the variety in hair styles?
  • The final Punk segment.

I've seen much, much worse episodes of Raw.

Kyoufu

• Hell No versus Car Stereo. Don't get why you guys like Prime Time Players so much, though - is it the variety in hair styles?

Thinking about it, I think this would have been a very good episode of Raw if it was 2 hours long, because we had a good final hour, which would have been at least 50% of a 2 hour show rather than 33% of 3 hours.

Ithil

I love Ziggler actually being a threat, beating Orton clean on Sunday, beating the hell out of Cena last night, I really hope it continues.

Entropia

No One Remembers
    [*]Hell No versus Car Stereo. Don't get why you guys like Prime Time Players so much, though - is it the variety in hair styles?

For real?

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

Linkified

Exactly, with the Nexus angle they all came out in their ring gear, the following week they had entrance music and then by the 4th week they were humiliated by John Cena comedy.

So far the Cult of Personality has been been better, now what would make it even better would be if they showed up on each show and and kick the crap out of each main event.

Kyoufu

Well, Vince has stuck with Punk for a whole year as Champion.

Kudos to him I guess, even though most of that run was on the mid card.

Ultratech

Thinking about it, I think this would have been a very good episode of Raw if it was 2 hours long, because we had a good final hour, which would have been at least 50% of a 2 hour show rather than 33% of 3 hours.

Eh...I can agree with that.

Kinda wish they'd push back to 2 hours already.

MC Safety

That may be true, but it's still ghoulish. And they needn't have shown the efforts to resuscitate Lawler on television.

I'd like to see the WWE stop with the AJ's boyfriend of the week storyline. AJ is really getting the Piggy James treatment and I'm not sure why.

Aiii

So not worth it
That may be true, but it's still ghoulish. And they needn't have shown the efforts to resuscitate Lawler on television.

I'd like to see the WWE stop with the AJ's boyfriend of the week storyline. AJ is really getting the Piggy James treatment and I'm not sure why.

Because it's all Soap Opera Writers know to write.

Top Bottom