• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Ithil

Punk was no longer being "held down" the second he took over Nexus. He had half of the royal rumble controlled, while he talked on the mic. He's not as famous as John Cena or a Rock, but it's his and the WWE's fault. He was the first thing on Sportscenter after his shoot before MITB, he had the opportunity to become a household name. He failed.

You can't go to some random person and ask them who Hulk Hogan, John Cena AND CM Punk is. They'll take a guess he's a wrestler with the name, but they couldn't point him out in a lineup.

You're blaming Punk for how the Voice of the Voiceless story got tanked?

You forgetting Punk becoming an afterthought in his own story in favour of HHH the all important COO, and that atrocious business with Nash and the two WWE titles?

I hope a triple threat match happens at WM. A question though so when rocks wins at RR who is he going to feud with for the 2 months he holds the title? Is he just going to fued with punk till mania or does someone else get a chance to wrestle the rock?
Rock vs Brock II at the February PPV. That's what it should be.

zychi

Banned
I hope a triple threat match happens at WM. A question though so when rocks wins at RR who is he going to feud with for the 2 months he holds the title? Is he just going to fued with punk till mania or does someone else get a chance to wrestle the rock?

He brings it on his movie sets and doesn't show up until the Raw before Wrestlemania

(besides via satelite)

zychi

Banned
You're blaming Punk for how the Voice of the Voiceless story got tanked?

You forgetting Punk becoming an afterthought in his own story in favour of HHH the all important COO, and that atrocious business with Nash and the two WWE titles?

He should have disappeared with the title for a few more weeks. It was picking up steam on shit like TMZ. "CM PUNK AT COMIC CON WITH THE TITLE!"

I full heartedly blame Punk and WWE equally for messing that up. Cena could've "struggled" with Del Rio for a few weeks over #1 contendership.

Ithil

He should have disappeared with the title for a few more weeks. It was picking up steam on shit like TMZ. "CM PUNK AT COMIC CON WITH THE TITLE!"

I full heartedly blame Punk and WWE equally for messing that up. Cena could've "struggled" with Del Rio for a few weeks over #1 contendership.

Why would you blame Punk for the storyline that WWE wrote?

And now, only newcomer Sephiroth and the avatars of the two jobbers who run the site are in. But here comes Wesker and...

HITLER? But whose side is he on?

zychi

Banned
Why would you blame Punk for the storyline that WWE wrote?

Because based on his documentary, he wrote a good 6 months of what he was going to do with SES, and they canned it after the whole Jesus-like stuff got heat.

He obviously has input on what he does, and he is to blame. WWE didn't just turn Austin into the man of the Attitude Era, he took the ball, ran with it, and made his storylines. Punk is equally to blame as much as the writing staff and WWE.

You don't think Punk planned this whole 365 day storyline months in advance? Just his off comment last night about episode 30x of Main Event on ION in 2018 would be the day he breaks Bruno's record. He looks over this shit and helps write it.

TF2 Pyro makes it five in the ring, followed immediately by TF2 Scout. The fix is in! But wait, they're fighting each other?!?! Underneath that Pyro gas mask must be Alex Riley!

One of the jobbers is dumped out unceremoniously, but Zangeif and Wesker are not too far behind. The TF2 guys are now teaming up against the remaining jobber as the Red Ranger strolls uncharacteristically to the ring.

Ithil

Because based on his documentary, he wrote a good 6 months of what he was going to do with SES, and they canned it after the whole Jesus-like stuff got heat.

He obviously has input on what he does, and he is to blame. WWE didn't just turn Austin into the man of the Attitude Era, he took the ball, ran with it, and made his storylines. Punk is equally to blame as much as the writing staff and WWE.

You don't think Punk planned this whole 365 day storyline months in advance? Just his off comment last night about episode 30x of Main Event on ION in 2018 would be the day he breaks Bruno's record. He looks over this shit and helps write it.

He does NOW. He wrote out the SES because it was a mid card thing they didn't care about very much, and were fine with him doing it himself.

His return after MITB 2011 was botched, but it was clearly a WWE story. I'm not sure what you wanted Punk to do, come back demanding creative control? He was in the absolute main event and primary focus of the company, neither he nor Cena would be dictating anything in that storyline.

He obviously has input on his promos and probably writes most of them himself based on an outline/subject, but the storyline directions, he can't dictate. Not even Triple H can tell Vince what to do, never mind Punk. He can and does speak out but that's only going to influence so much.

Blaming Punk for how the WWE handled the post-MITB 2011 stuff makes no sense to me, he had zero creative control beyond doing his worked shoots.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
7W9KN.png

Let me tell you something, J.R., I'm really impressed with the CAW's ability to recreate Woody's giant head and scrawny limbs.

But here comes Wreck-It Ralph.

And Mega Man.

And in another startling coincidence, Dr. Wily.

BOWSER ELIMINATES MARIO AND OLD SNAKE GOES OUT AS WELL.

Here comes Scorpion, but remember, he's going to have to throw his opponent over the top rope, exposing his demon skull and incinerating his opponent will technically leave them in the Rumble until all of their ashes go over the top rope.

Phoenix Wright comes to the ring and in short order eliminates both Nappa and Vegeta. Nappa first, of course.

And Bowser is out too! Scorpion and Wright are working on some failed 2nd party Sony property as Robotnik strolls to the ring.

Top Bottom