• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

A leader huh? well you're either Nexus or against us.
http://i.imgur.com/VA6WS.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Bootaaay, post: 44573841"]How uncouth, how...colonial. I'm quite sure that such behaviour isn't befitting a gentleman.

[img]http://i.minus.com/iIp5Dybx0ok2f.gif

WrassleGAF is going back to the territory system. It's the only way.

Alright, I give up. I guess it's inevitable.

Someone make me a Brit-WrassleGaf avatar.

Yeah, I'm sure WWE has no input. It was reported once that the WWE had THQ once take down any pics of HHH in a losing predicament in any of THQ's promotional material. They get input. The point is, he made it sound like the WWE was actively against him getting the cover. Dude, stop with the rebel crap. You've held their top title for a year now, and they're pumping merchandise out of your ass. They like you.

Um i think Paul Heyman also said it in another interview with some video game site. I think the guy on the cover was gonna be Shaemus. If your gonna go by Merchandise you would think Zack Ryder is a Main Eventer

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Um i think Paul Heyman also said it in another interview with some video game site. I think the guy on the cover was gonna be Shaemus. If your gonna go by Merchandise you would think Zack Ryder is a Main Eventer
I'm sure they suggested Sheamus, but when THQ asked for Punk instead, I doubt WWE put up much of a fight. The WWE has fully embraced Punk. There's no need for the "rebel getting held down" schtick.

1353386342233.gif

lol i seen the gif with his hands already in the air.. thought he was imitating sucking 2 dicks. then when it looped i was like "Ooohhhhh"

Alright, I give up. I guess it's inevitable.

Someone make me a Brit-WrassleGaf avatar.

Here you go - first, we have the most famous British wrestler of all time, Big Daddy;

RPom8.jpg

Next, his long-term tag team partner/bitter enemy, the mean and surly Giant Haystacks;

7DPMw.jpg

And finally, the master of catch-as-catch can escapology, Johnny Saint;

GokA5.jpg

Is it okay if Texas gets Bootaaay? He could work the Texas territory like "Gentleman" Chris Adams. I'll even agree to buy him a judo gi. I've got stroke around here...

I could see that working. Foreign heels were always better in the territories. I'd have to go with a British red coat gimmick, though.

i call Mid-South Wrestling

Fuck...I'll take UWA then, I guess.

You get IWA: Mid South

Lol.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sure they suggested Sheamus, but when THQ asked for Punk instead, I doubt WWE put up much of a fight. The WWE has fully embraced Punk. There's no need for the "rebel getting held down" schtick.

Here is where Soul and I can hug it out.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug.gif

I made a post last month about how ridiculous the whole "WWE is holding Punk down" thing is. Punk has somehow worked all the internet fans into thinking that he's some DIY indy hero that is taking it to the man when in fact, he IS the man. He's been the champ for a year, he's on the cover of the video game, he's been in a marquee match at WM for the past 5 years, I'm pretty sure he's won against Cena more times in the past year than any guy has in the past 10 years, his face is all over all WWE advertising, he usually opens and closes Raw, he has as much merchandise for sale as Cena. He's not being held down in anyway, the company doesn't hate him. I don't understand for a second how people can believe the meta story of CM Punk. He would have been in the spot he is now much earlier if he was such an acerbic douche bag to everyone.

You can't get to where he's at on a DIY attitude. Zack Ryder is as close as you can get to that. Punk is a company man, because you have to be one to be at his level. This isn't some 1996 WCW shit where Benoit/Eddie/Dean/Rey/Jericho are held back from being top guys because they are small and fast. No one stays a rebel forever, and Punk stopped being that guy years ago.

Ithil

I made a post last month about how ridiculous the whole "WWE is holding Punk down" thing is. Punk has somehow worked all the internet fans into thinking that he's some DIY indy hero that is taking it to the man when in fact, he IS the man. He's been the champ for a year, he's on the cover of the video game, he's been in a marquee match at WM for the past 5 years, I'm pretty sure he's won against Cena more times in the past year than any guy has in the past 10 years, his face is all over all WWE advertising, he usually opens and closes Raw, he has as much merchandise for sale as Cena. He's not being held down in anyway, the company doesn't hate him. I don't understand for a second how people can believe the meta story of CM Punk. He would have been in the spot he is now much earlier if he was such an acerbic douche bag to everyone.

You can't get to where he's at on a DIY attitude. Zack Ryder is as close as you can get to that. Punk is a company man, because you have to be one to be at his level. This isn't some 1996 WCW shit where Benoit/Eddie/Dean/Rey/Jericho are held back from being top guys because they are small and fast. No one stays a rebel forever, and Punk stopped being that guy years ago.
Let's not go nuts. Vince likes guys that are belligerent with him, and Punk WAS marginalised until 2011. His outspoken, angry style is what Vince likes and that's probably the reason he's in the main event slot he is now.

Vince is odd in that he always wants to be in charge but likes guys that challenge him (Jericho's talked about this a few times).

somedevil

PWInsider says Punk is not being promoted for WrestleMania or anything else and is planned to drop the title to Rock, who is in their plans in a big way over the course of the first third of 2013.

And that dirtsheet about someone telling Vince the product stinks etc is reportedly Punk, who used a loud angry voice at Vince. Apparently relations between the company and him are in disarray.

:|

Save him Austin.

I read that it was Cena who called out Vince not Punk.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/26992/John-Cena-Told-Vince-McMahon-He-Is-Out-Of-Touch/

Main Event Spoilers:

1. Tyson Kidd fought Santino Marella to a no-contest. The match ended when Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns jumped in the ring and beat down both men. They exited through the crowd.

The Miz started off in the ring before he was interrupted by Dolph Ziggler. Nice mic work by both of them. These two are great together. Miz is over as a babyface.

2. Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz. Dolph won with a Zig-Zag when he threw Miz on the exposed turnbuckle. Lots of near falls. The crowd was really into it. Lots of cheers for Miz and lots of heat for Dolph. Very good 19 minute match!

Brera

Banned

Vince said just last month that he's not a CM Punk guy.

Cenalover!

strobogo

Banned
Ugh. A 20 minute Miz match sounds awful. A 20 minute face Miz match is even worse.

Vince said just last month that he's not a CM Punk guy.

Cenalover!

I'm a big fan of Punk. He's been one of the few guys to keep me interested in current wrassling for the past few years. But that rebel, fighting the man story doesn't apply to him anymore.

You guys think your country has it bad? New Zealand's claim to wrestling fame:

1) The Bushwhackers.

2) Rock lived here for awhile when he was little or some shit.

3) JBL thinks our country is called the All Blacks because thats what our rugby team is called (BEST IN THE WORLD!)

4) Uhhhhhhhh, thats it?

Additional note: One time (I think during the Rugby World Cup) Justin Gabriel wore an All Blacks jearsy on WWE TV...... even though he's from South Africa who have their own team and are long time rivals with NZ. :\

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Hey, I'm also a GnR fan.

Considering Cena can't sneeze outside the company without getting a video package on RAW about it, I can see a little unevenness.
To be fair, Cena is a much bigger draw than Punk.

PWI says the wording used by whoever it was did not sound like Cena at all. More like Punk.

I doubt Cena would have the balls to do that anyway. He just does what he's told.
Punk doesn't do what he's told? They all do, man. Stop being a mark.

Ithil

Hey, I'm also a GnR fan.

To be fair, Cena is a much bigger draw than Punk.

Punk doesn't do what he's told? They all do, man. Stop being a mark.

Which isn't helped by them not putting Punk out there. No one's ever going to be bigger than Cena if they just sit around saying "why don't we have more stars?" while booking 40 new media events for Cena.

I'm not gonna get into the squandering they did after Summer of Punk II again, but in short Punk should be a media monster for them, it's their own fault they didn't capitalise.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Which isn't helped by them not putting Punk out there. No one's ever going to be bigger than Cena if they just sit around saying "why don't we have more stars?" while booking 40 new media events for Cena.

I'm not gonna get into the squandering they did after Summer of Punk II again, but in short Punk should be a media monster for them, it's their own fault they didn't capitalise.
I believe Punk already does a good deal of media, and it's one of the things he actually complains about having to do (travelling so much, having to talk to jackasses). Punk is a heel right now, and it's tough to promote him in a role traditionally reserved for babyfaces. Yes, Punk should be the biggest star in the company, but as always, they fucked up his rise last summer.

I don't know what a mark is.
It's someone who starts thinking that the personas and characters of the wrestlers are real.

UberTag

You guys think your country has it bad? New Zealand's claim to wrestling fame:

1) The Bushwhackers.

2) Rock lived here for awhile when he was little or some shit.

3) JBL thinks our country is called the All Blacks because thats what our rugby team is called (BEST IN THE WORLD!)

4) Uhhhhhhhh, thats it?

Additional note: One time (I think during the Rugby World Cup) Justin Gabriel wore an All Blacks jearsy on WWE TV...... even though he's from South Africa who have their own team and are long time rivals with NZ. :\
New Zealand's claim to fame just so happens to be the greatest reality TV show host of all-time...

philqd7.jpg

Here you go - first, we have the most famous British wrestler of all time, Big Daddy;

http://i.imgur.com/RPom8.jpg[img]

Next, his long-term tag team partner/bitter enemy, the mean and surly Giant Haystacks;

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7DPMw.jpg[img]

And finally, the master of catch-as-catch can escapology, Johnny Saint;

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GokA5.jpg[img]

I could see that working. Foreign heels were always better in the territories. I'd have to go with a British red coat gimmick, though.

Fuck...I'll take UWA then, I guess.

Lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't know who those people are. I know Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, Layla El, Mason Ryan and Lord Steven Regal.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Wait.. you mean wrestling is fake?

KissVibes

Banned
Don't know why anyone would be surprised. Wasn't he the host of a show where people got pushed off buildings and they threw pianos at them or some crazy-dangerous bullshit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Buddy of mine wrestles in Texas as James Quincy, and he is known as the Boston Tea Bagger (high concept humor obviously) - but in a moment of brilliance, his finisher is a DDT - the Boston DDT Party.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
i thought Mason Ryan was from Wales. does thst count as British?
Britain, I believe, traditionally encompasses England, Scotland, and Wales. Later, Ireland was added to create the United Kingdom of Britain and Ireland. However, most of Ireland later left after the Irish War of Independence in 1922. Now, it's the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland.

zychi

Banned
Punk was no longer being "held down" the second he took over Nexus. He had half of the royal rumble controlled, while he talked on the mic. He's not as famous as John Cena or a Rock, but it's his and the WWE's fault. He was the first thing on Sportscenter after his shoot before MITB, he had the opportunity to become a household name. He failed.

You can't go to some random person and ask them who Hulk Hogan, John Cena AND CM Punk is. They'll take a guess he's a wrestler with the name, but they couldn't point him out in a lineup.

A.E Suggs

This is likely. Gets Rock/Cena II and Rock/Punk II at the same time.

I'd love Bryan instead of Cena, though. Full circle from RAW 1000.

I hope a triple threat match happens at WM. A question though so when rocks wins at RR who is he going to feud with for the 2 months he holds the title? Is he just going to fued with punk till mania or does someone else get a chance to wrestle the rock?

Top Bottom