• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
And apparently foolish if they want him to be a heel. Goddammit WWE get a Continuity Manager!

People cheer him anyway. It doesn't matter what they do. Unless Punk has actively said something super heel-ish in the last thirty seconds, he's just not going to get boos.

DMczaf

No, S.H.I.E.L.D. from DMczaf's favorite movie, The Avengers.

l.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Actually the best thing they could do to get Punk booed right now is to put him into a super nasty feud with Face Bryan.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Hell in a Cell 2012, headlined by WWE Champion CM Punk vs. Ryback, drew approximately 200,00 buys. 152,000 buys (76%) were domestic and 48,000 were international (24%).

This year’s show, which had a 5-week buildup following September’s Night of Champions PPV, had a buyrate that was in between the prior two years. HIAC 2011 drew 190,000 buys, while HIAC 2010 did 210,000 buys.

Expected it to do a lot worse.

strobogo

Banned
I'm quite sure there are no plans for Nexus 3. I really doubt they came up with the idea to have those three until last weekend, go home Raw at the absolute earliest. There is no way they have a huge story line planned out. And hiding the 3 guys at the PPV so they could surprise da boys in da back is dangerous levels of WCW.

The only stories I have faith in right now are Rock vs Punk and Austin vs Punk, and that's only because Rock and Austin would not let stupid shit slide. Especially an Austin program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You get one feud to "fix" what's wrong with the WWE. Who do you book and how? 4 week period, PPV match.

Trips is only giving you one feud with the current roster and storylines that are in action. What do you do that has the biggest effect?

strobogo

Banned
Kane retirement angle. Match is Kane vs Tyson Kidd. Week one, Tyson attacks Kane during a tag title match, costing Hell No the belts. Week two, DH Smith returns, beats up Kane. Week 3, Natalya beats up Kane. PPV. Tyson squashes Kane in 30 seconds. Instant tap out. Ring opens up, smoke comes out, Kane sadly walks to the back instead. Never to be seen again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not bad. What was 2011 HIAC's main event? I can't even remember.

edit: oh the triple threat that Del Rio won. lol no wonder I couldn't remember!

Wasn't that where Miz and Truth attacked Cena and Triple H or something like that?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane retirement angle. Match is Kane vs Tyson Kidd. Week one, Tyson attacks Kane during a tag title match, costing Hell No the belts. Week two, DH Smith returns, beats up Kane. Week 3, Natalya beats up Kane. PPV. Tyson squashes Kane in 30 seconds. Instant tap out. Ring opens up, smoke comes out, Kane sadly walks to the back instead. Never to be seen again.
Boy, you are funny.

:l

Anyway, whenever Kane does decide to retire, he should give some young up and comer a legitimate build up feud, lose to the guy, then give him his mask to carry on the gimmick and legacy. The guy would be guaranteed employment with the WWE for life.

Kane's mask should be the WWE's version of Tiger Mask.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane's retirement match should be at WrestleMania against Undertaker. Clearly.

I agree with that, if it's happening this year or next. If not...hell I dunno.

"Book Kane's Retirement" would have been a better question.

Me, if I did, I'd book em at Mania, Buried Alive match, both get buried at the same time - whether it's Taker putting Kane in and then getting in his coffin (to preserve his streak or whatnot) or some other shenanigans, then ending both careers. I'd be happy with that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So Soul, what you're saying is you want Lil Kane.
I don't even know if I would watch it, but the WWE has tried for years to recreate Undertaker/Kane to no avail. The only gimmicks that work like that are Kane & Taker, so why not just give them the BoD stamp of approval. Find two big young guys who have proven themselves in developmental or the indie scene (easier said than done, I know), and introduce them as Kane/Taker's sons or something, give one of them the mask, or something. I mean, don't call them Kane II or Taker II, but it just seems like a shame for two bulletproof gimmicks that seem to be over with the crowd no matter what to just disappear with Taker & Kane.

Of course, this is contingent on the WWE actually sticking with these two guys, giving them legitimate feuds and good writing, letting them have great matches (to build up their resume), and actually letting them look dominant, and not just fodder for Cena & Sheamus.

Actually, never mind, lol.

bangai-o

Banned
I don't even know if I would watch it, but the WWE has tried for years to recreate Undertaker/Kane to no avail. The only gimmicks that work like that are Kane & Taker, so why not just give them the BoD stamp of approval. Find two big young guys who have proven themselves in developmental or the indie scene (easier said than done, I know), and introduce them as Kane/Taker's sons or something, give one of them the mask, or something. I mean, don't call them Kane II or Taker II, but it just seems like a shame for two bulletproof gimmicks that seem to be over with the crowd no matter what to just disappear with Taker & Kane.

Of course, this is contingent on the WWE actually sticking with these two guys, giving them legitimate feuds and good writing, letting them have great matches (to build up their resume), and actually letting them look dominant, and not just fodder for Cena & Sheamus.

Actually, never mind, lol.

would Kane JR and Undertaker JR be friends or rivals?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
would Kane JR and Undertaker JR be friends or rivals?
See, that's the great thing about it. They could continue the Kane/Taker tradition of doing terrible things to each other, then seemingly forgetting about it so they can team up, then have Kane Jr. bury Taker Jr. alive.

The botaaay award for best deathmatch

I like this idea.

iPq0NOF6OhibM.gif

And the nominations are...

. Abdullah Kobayashi (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto - Construction Site Death Match
. Abdullah Kobayashi (c) vs Isami Kodaka - No-Rope, Barbedwire, Ladder & Light-Tube Death Match
. DJ Hyde vs Matt Tremont - Tangled Web Death Match

Also, honourable mention for DUMBEST DEATH MATCH SPOT OF THE YEAR;

. Scott Summers vs MASADA - Panes of Glass Death Match; the cinder block spot;

MASADA delivers a sit-down pile-driver onto a cinder block, and seriously fucks up the top of Scott Summers head - here's the aftermath; http://i.minus.com/i8fM1qphdXjvN.gif (really NSFW)

Also, R.I.P. Brain Damage (again, NSFW)

SoulPlaya said:
Kane's mask should be the WWE's version of Tiger Mask.

Totally in agreement with you here - I love to see masks passed on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There will be at the least a Spot of the Year award, but we should also have the Bootaaay's Bananas Spot, the spot that went so badly, so horribly, you cry.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Not gonna lie, love this. We also need the following

SoulPlaya award for best Kane moment
Oh, man. What could it be?

When Kane threw Ryder off the stage?
When Kane beat Orton clean at WM?
When Kane made out with AJ?
When Kane made out with AJ again?
When Kane made his way back into the WWE title picture in his 15th year?
When Kane went to Anger Management?
When Kane hugged it out with Bryan?
When Kane & Bryan won the Tag titles?
When Kane actually managed to get multiple pieces of merchandise?
When Kane had a shirt available at Hot Topic?

What could it be?

Totally in agreement with you here - I love to see masks passed on.
In all seriousness, it gives a young guy a much needed bump in interest from the crowd, and a chance to prove himself. The lineage will give him a chance to prove himself and succeed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, man. What could it be?

When Kane threw Ryder off the stage?

In all seriousness, it gives a young guy a much needed bump in interest from the crowd, and a chance to prove himself. The lineage will give him a chance to prove himself and succeed.

Onto the mattress? I loved that one. The wheelchair bump though was fucking stupid.

The mask in America though, for being a place without a crazy amount of mask history or reverence, might not work so well. You need someone who is already pretty established. I dunno. I'd just hate to see backlash onto someone for not being able to live up to it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Onto the mattress? I loved that one. The wheelchair bump though was fucking stupid.

The mask in America though, for being a place without a crazy amount of mask history or reverence, might not work so well. You need someone who is already pretty established. I dunno. I'd just hate to see backlash onto someone for not being able to live up to it.
It wouldn't be the mask, though, it would be the Kane gimmick along with being a part of the Family of Destruction. Kane can't just find a guy, lose to him, then give him the mask, and be like, "OK, you're me now."

Here's an idea. Have some young big guy (who can actually cut a promo and wrestle) debut and jump Kane. Have him look menacing, have "powers", and let him beat up jobbers and maybe one or two established guys. Have Kane refuse to fight him. Why? It's his son, of course! Have his son provoke him to a fight finally, so he can prove that he's finally surpassed his dad and doesn't need his help (have him get jumped once, and have Kane rescue him, only for his son to rebuke him). Then, have them have a match, let it be a brutal and good match. Afterwards, Kane gets up, takes off his mask, give it to his son, then leave (lights go out, or just walk away, etc.). Then, son raises his arm, does the posts pyro spot, and boom now you have a new monster heel.

tm24

Soul Kane moment of the year is gonna be amazing. I would love to have some specific user awards for the ceremony, such as Bootaaay's dm of the year, some lucha awards from me and some puro awards done by Bootaaay or dragonzord

Laserfrog

Most owl avatar goes to
Nocturnowl
Misogynistic post of the year goes to ???
The SoulPlaya special achievement award
So many awards to sort out!

strobogo

Banned
Women loving Kane doesn't mean Kane doesn't hate women.

Need I remind you of Katie Vick, tombstoning Linda, impregnating Lita via rape choke, and numerous other chokeslams to ladies over the years just because? Ladies love the bad boy, and Kane has proved to be an awful man to women. So it makes sense they'd love him.

Top Bottom