• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Here's that sick looking scary spot with Reigns/Punk/Ryback

i5z5RSPurI37Z.gif

Ithil

Here's that sick looking scary spot with Reigns/Punk/Ryback

i5z5RSPurI37Z.gif

Average Ryback selling, and dangerous fall for Punk aside, that was a good spear.

You can tell Reigns is from a football background. I've seen so many shitty spears over the years that it's nice to see one that looks like it has impact (Goldberg's spear and the Gore are the only other good spears I can recall).

I hope Reigns using the spear means Bo "Jannetty" Dallas won't use it when he inevitably stinks his way up to the roster, his is awful.

Alucard

Banned
Can we agree that three appearances from the Shield have been done more effectively than months' worth of Aces and Eights garbage?

I have an question regarding the Shield in the long term.

1. Should it stay as a trio for their entire run and go off their different ways (Reigns goes off on his own, Rollins becomes sympathetic babyface/Ambrose goes psycho heel)

2. Should they add more members from developmental as they get ready ( Ohno, Maddox, Big E)

3. Should they gain a current wwe star to join them?

Ithil

I have an question regarding the Shield in the long term.

1. Should it stay as a trio for their entire run and go off their different ways (Reigns goes off on his own, Rollins becomes sympathetic babyface/Ambrose goes psycho heel)

2. Should they add more members from developmental as they get ready ( Ohno, Maddox, Big E)

3. Should they gain a current wwe star to join them?

I say number 1, simply because adding more guys can start a bad path for stables (nWo having too many members, for what it needed, or Nexus getting a new roster of green guys). Adding a WWE guy, then, may take the focus off these three promising young guys, depending on who it is (but to have a point, it would need to be a major guy).

They seem to have the trio thing down, and all three guys have seeds for where they'll go when the stable is done. I think this RAW has shown they're compelling on their own.

Jitters

Really liked Raw. Sheamus/Cesaro was great and made Cesaro look like a champ. The Shield got the focus they should have gotten last week. Mysterio/Bryan was good, would love to see a feud between them in the future. Dolph/Cena was good as well. I expect Ziggler to beat Cena in some way at TLC.

McNei1y

So I'm finishing Raw after pausing it before the Sheamus/Cesaro match... Cesaro is amazing.... just such a lame ending. A countout? The uppercut to Sheamus look like it hurt more than the Brogue kick. Sheamus took a page out of Soka's playbook.

One thing i'll give credit to RAW this week is the amount of solid matches on the card today. Bryan/Mysterio, Cena/Ziggler, Sheamus/Cesaro, and Punk/Kane all got solid time and gave us some solid matches. Sandow's match with Ryder was also a high point.

I don't think Punk was supposed to fall like that, I think he was supposed to stay on Ryback's shoulders and fall down with him into a seated position. Ryback started to powerbomb him as he was speared instead of just holding him.

It's a dumb spot, so I wouldn't be surprised if what happened there is what was planned, or if your version is what should've happened.

McNei1y

One thing i'll give credit to RAW this week is the amount of solid matches on the card today. Bryan/Mysterio, Cena/Ziggler, Sheamus/Cesaro, and Punk/Kane all got solid time and gave us some solid matches. Sandow's match with Ryder was also a high point.

They definitely had some decent bookings tonight but, so far, I feel all the endings were lame. Titus vs Ryback was cool because Titus looked good. Even though it was lame in a lot of parts, it seemed they tried to build a lot of the talent... or I hope at least.

So I'm finishing Raw after pausing it before the Sheamus/Cesaro match... Cesaro is amazing.... just such a lame ending. A countout? The uppercut to Sheamus look like it hurt more than the Brogue kick. Sheamus took a page out of Soka's playbook.

really need to see that dragon punch :(

Ithil

I expect Ambrose will get the most attention from the fanbase after tonight, considering it's the first real introduction to the three guys for most of the fans, I think Ambrose came off as the most interesting.

I might be biased, as he's my own favourite, of course.

Kacho

Gold Member
I expect Ambrose will get the most attention from the fanbase after tonight, considering it's the first real introduction to the three guys for most of the fans, I think Ambrose came off as the most interesting.

I might be biased, as he's my own favourite, of course.

I'm not familiar with Ambrose in any way and I definitely found him the most interesting. He has charisma for sure. If he was on screen, even if he wasn't talking, I would be watching him. He had little mannerisms that were fun to watch.

Ithil

I don't mind that it was Kane/Punk, the two work together well. That was the plan for the night, Bryan/Rey and Kane/Punk, it's a good plan, two good matches.

I just wonder what's the point of the RAW Active stuff? Just announce those two matches or whatever.

Top Bottom