• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

McNei1y

Alright... I enjoyed that ending. I actually really enjoyed it. I loved Daniel Bryan coming out to save his partner. Punk was entertaining. The Shield seems awesome.

Also, fuck those results. It was obviously staged results when Daniel Bryan was booked in a match immediately after the results.

1353990151497.gif

NO ESCAPE!

g12tf.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
lol, you crack me up, man
It's true, though, lol.

Either way, who cares? You guys are wondering what was the point of the rawactive stuff? It was done so they could have that skit. It gave Kane & Bryan something to talk about, and they even had video props ready, so they thought up the rawactive crap with the skit in mind. They already planned out Kane & Punk, but said, "Hey, let's get a funny Kane & Bryan skit out of it too." Besides, less than a thousand people participated. No one cares.

MG310

Seemed like Ryback did all he could to keep Punk from landing badly on that Spear/Powerbomb

We need a gif of Barrett's reaction to Cole bringing up the "50 most beautiful people" list during Kofi/Tensai.

I bailed after Ziggler/Cena assuming that would be the high water mark of the show, stupidly forgetting that Cesaro/Sheamus was announced - how was that match and just what went down in the ending to the show?

I bailed after Ziggler/Cena assuming that would be the high water mark of the show, stupidly forgetting that Cesaro/Sheamus was announced - how was that match and just what went down in the ending to the show?

It was a good match the last hour of raw was good. Cesaro did an amazing uppercut on Shaemus. Once they get past all the Cena affair story things seem to go good

I'll be sure to watch it when I get a chance this week.

That Cena/Ziggler match was pretty great, but they way overbooked the ending given that Cena still didn't lie down for Adolph.
Also - Dolph's multiple standing elbow drop is one of my new favourite wrestling spots. That's actually way more impressive as a show-off than doing situps mid match.

Net_Wrecker's Ridiculously Radical Raw Review

- Cesaro is way too good for this company. He's the best powerhouse wrestler they've had since Brock.
- Ambrose got dat super swag. Big things in store for him if they don't botch the current angle and his singles push.
- The Dolph/Cena/AJ/Vickie segments are channel changing bad. Terrible, terrible angle. Cena still managing to win was laughable. What a joke.
- Uhhhh, the rest was throwaway.

Sokantish

Cesaro >>> Ryberk

http://i.minus.com/i3l6Flr9GAiU8.gif[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/iL8lP6i0W7sVB.gif[img]

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibedqnXE8Vtq3N.gif[img][/QUOTE]

He really is great, I hope he keeps climbing the ladder. I'm glad they didn't give him the Funkasaurus/Ryback treatment where he just squashes everyone.

Aiii

So not worth it
After two weeks of AJ and Cena making out I can confidently state those two are definitely not hooking up backstage. AJ has convincingly made out with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and even Kane of all people, yet when Cena kisses her it looks awkward as fuck.

What is wrong with that guy? Can't even sell making out with one of the cutest girls on the planet, jezus.

KissVibes

Banned
My wrestling name is now my GAF name. Prepare yourselves to see me job out to Christopher Knight or some other forgotten celebrity on TNA one day!

I don't watch the Walking Dead, but I'm watching the Talking Dead for CM Punk. Looking back at past guests, I kind of want to start watching the show just to watch the Talking Dead.

Never mind. Host is kind of obnoxious.

Ithil

After two weeks of AJ and Cena making out I can confidently state those two are definitely not hooking up backstage. AJ has convincingly made out with Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and even Kane of all people, yet when Cena kisses her it looks awkward as fuck.

What is wrong with that guy? Can't even sell making out with one of the cutest girls on the planet, jezus.

Yeah, at this point it's clear they have absolutely zero chemistry, at least on screen. I'm not even saying that because "lol Cena", they come off as two people with absolutely zero interest in each other.

And when did AJ turn into this entirely sane hyperslut anyway? Writers must have forgotten the circumstances of how she ended up kissing Kane and just think "she kisses everyone cos lol".

Forkball

I thought the Shield promo was very good. It quickly established their personalities and did something to set them apart from the other invading factions in the past. The Cesaro/Sheamus match was great too. Sheamus is great in the ring, he has power and agility and a pretty diverse moveset. I hope we get to see more matches between them. But smh at Titus and Bryan jobbing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan vs. Rey was a great match though, considering they haven't competed 1 on 1 yet it had alot of great counters.

Forkball

Someone posted this in the "ever meet a celebrity" thread in the OT:

Back in 1992, I was an 11 (soon to be 12) year old wrestling fan. My uncle had got tickets to a WWF house show at the L.A. Sports Arena, where I saw an awesome Rockers vs Orient Express match. I want to say the main event was Flair vs Taker, with Hogan vs Piper just before that.

Anyway, after the show, my cousins and I all went out to the back where the wrestlers were leaving from. There were some guard rails and security to keep people in check. Everyone was stopping to sign, whether they were a heel or face. I was always more of a fan of the guys who could work like Flair, Piper, Mr. Perfect and the like but my cousins were total Hogan marks just like 99% of the fans there.

Well here he comes... Everyone rushed the rails and my chest was forcefully pressed up against the metal guard rails because people are dicks. People are chanting his name and going nuts for him and what does he do? Completely ignores all his Hulkamaniacs. There was no smile. Not even a wave of acknowledgment.... Everyone was crushed. I wasn't a fan but I was upset because my cousins were so disappointed.

That's when I heard a loud "Wooo!" Ric Flair had made his way out in full on Flair mode. Sunglasses, expensive looking suit, watch and shoes. He stayed for like 30 minutes signing programs. He gets over to us and my cousin Sam is still crying about Hogan. Flair asks why he's crying and my uncle tells him. So Flair says, "Yep. Sounds like Hogan alright... Hey... Wipe those tears away, champ." And tussles my cousin's hair. I flashed Flair the 4 Horsemen sign after he signed my program and was about to move on and he smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

In conclusion...

Fuck Hulk Hogan. Ric Flair is the man.

Top Bottom