• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, post me a 5-star Kane match Soulplaya/Nocturnowl?
It's hard to, because WWE has killed the main Kane library of videos on youtube, but let me see if I can find something.

I don't care what you say, this match is the tits.

Then again people call Cena/Punk at MitB a 5 star match (5 star crowd, 5 star setup, 3 star match), people call the Taker/HHH finisher fests 5 stars so yeah, this should fly just fine.
Without question, either this match or the Inferno match is the best big man match the WWE has ever put on.

jmdajr

It's hard to, because WWE has killed the main Kane library of videos on youtube, but let me see if I can find something.

Without question, either this match or the Inferno match is the best big man match the WWE has ever put on.

First Taker/Kane match was very good.

It took 3 tombstones to put him away! And he still tried to kick out of that last one!

jmdajr

HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS!

PWInsider.com reports WWE creative plans have a solid direction up until Royal Rumble.

As for plans from Rumble to WrestleMania, story plans are said to be up in the air and still open to change.

Not trolling btw, being totally serious.

Will watch when I get home from work in an hour!

Honestly you're not going to find it 5 star (though hopefully it's at least considered good), Kane's my man not for putting on constant mat classics but for being an enjoyable character with solid matches behind him.

I may have undersold Cena/Punk, maybe i'll bump it up to 4 stars, I just remember rewatching it and the match itself lost a few steps wihout the hype of the night itself, plus botches, botches everywhere.

Kane/HHH chain match is actually one of my favourites, a nice 4 star punch up i'd say.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Here's another great one. Kane/Benoit from Badd Blood 22004 (I think this is one of the years strobogo said Kane was phoning it in. Actually, never mind, Strobogo never gave me any specific years that Kane was phoning it in, lol).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29lnn_bad-blood-2004-chris-benoit-vs-kane_sport?search_algo=2

Now, you may be thinking, "Well, these are all with great wrestlers. Of course, he's going to have great matches." Well, of course. That's just how it goes. Show me a 5 star Taker match that wasn't with a great wrestler like HBK or Kane :)p). A 5 star wrestling match takes two guys, and Kane more than held his own in these matches. Hell, the Taker matches were focused on Kane, arguably.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cody seems like he wants a real feud with a monster Kane. Fantastic. This could be a way of turning him face, if Kane goes heel, but I don't know.

Give a Kane mark a moment here, because I have to share something. Looking at the spoilers for yesterday, it looks like Kane wrestled two matches in one night. This is one day after he wrestled in the main event of RAW with Punk. I'm sorry, but for a 45 year old wrestler, that's fucking impressive. The man is in the ring arguably moving better than he has in years, and he's doing with guys that are 15-20 years younger than him. Most of his contemporaries were barely able to walk at his age, but here's a guy wrestling two matches in one night, 3 matches in 24 hours.

The WWE doesn't hype this up. They're not making special videos like they do for other legends. They're not getting a bunch of wrestles and forcing to talk about how great Kane's matches are, like they do for Taker any time he makes a bowel movement in the ring. Kane does this without any fanfare, any hype, and he says nothing for himself. He just goes out there, year after year, day after day, and does his job. The scary part, though, is he makes it look easy.
And I'm reposting this for the new page, fuck it.

The OT names from the last few pages are all pretty bad. Too many trivial in-jokes and/or too long. I've been critiquing OT titles for months now and know what I'm talking about. You're welcome.

Edit: And no caps-lock please. We aren't barbarians.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane/Austin on Raw was a 4 1/2 star match.
That and their first blood match were both fantastic.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rfwn_kane-vs-stone-cold-first-blood-matc_news?search_algo=2

And here's the RAW rematch you mentioned. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1x8pq_raw-29-06-1998-kane-vs-austin-wwf-t_news?search_algo=2

And here's the HHH/Kane chain match.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6i29j_triple-h-vs-kane-chain-match-judgme_sport?search_algo=2

Hmm. Was that the match that fucked up HBK's eye? He said it was in a match with Kane when he returned from retirement.
Yes, lol.

2JZsv.gif

iJb4St35Qgs0h.gif

Jitters

I'm just saying it seems like people are finally starting to acknowledge his wrestling ability. Everyone used to say how boring he was in the ring.

Ithil

So, there are Sheamus fans in here, huh?

Was a big Sheamus fan last year, til his character went to shit and became annoying/boring. Still think he's one of the best wrestlers on the roster, and one of the most consistently good performers match wise.

I don't understand the complaints about "outta-nowhere" finishers. They get great reactions.

If you overuse them, it can become obvious when they're about to be hit. Also, it gets silly when the guy taking the move has to do something outside of their move set to facilitate the move, like Punk going for a diving headbutt so Orton can hit the 'outta nowhere' RKO.

Jitters

If you overuse them, it can become obvious when they're about to be hit. Also, it gets silly when the guy taking the move has to do something outside of their move set to facilitate the move, like Punk going for a diving headbutt so Orton can hit the 'outta nowhere' RKO.

That is just pro wrestling logic though. We were supposed to believe he was going for his clothesline.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I try to talk about wrestling, and I get 'Oh he did a suplex, but I don't know how to translate that from Japanese! What does the suplex mean?'

Top Bottom