• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

NXT as a brand to me is pure poison.

You should give it a shot at redemption by watching all one billion episodes of NXT redemption (don't actually ever try this).
I'm pretty sure it had more interesting storylines than Raw and Smackdown.

Though I guess being a Ryback mark and a filthy Barrett hater you're still bitter that the right man won NXT season 1.

NXT season 3 is the best thing the WWE has ever made.

NXT redemption was so good it was hard to believe the same company put on raw every week as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT: Redemption was basically a wrestling fever dream laced with 20 minute Tyson Kidd matches, it was a great show.

And a wild-ass self-aware commentary team with no leashes on. It was something special.

strobogo

Banned
Yep, sounds like Smackdown. Randy has had the same feud with the same progression and match types in the same order since he turned face. Every feud. Usually winning 90% of the matches and the blow off on Smackdown. Then it continues for another month or two. With Randy winning all of the matches. 3 or 4 normal matches. A No DQ match. A few more normal matches. Falls Count Anywhere. All of the No DQ or FCA seem to end with a DDT or RKO on the steps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We never did find out if percy Watson was the backstage attacker. i was secretly hoping he would be the one who attacked kaitlyn

I'm still sad Percy hasn't made it full-time onto the main roster.

FINGER RAIN

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Someone needs to find that GIF of Percy Watson attacking his own team mate when all the NXT guys ran to the ring that time.

So hilarious.

Someone needs to find that GIF of Percy Watson attacking his own team mate when all the NXT guys ran to the ring that time.

So hilarious.

Wasn't it Riley that attacked Watson? It made no sense!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't understand that at all. Why did the beatdown continue? Why not just stop when you realized something went wrong? Maybe they both didn't know who was what lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

So hilarious.

That entire ending was just such an incredible clusterfuck. I loved it.

Yep, sounds like Smackdown. Randy has had the same feud with the same progression and match types in the same order since he turned face. Every feud. Usually winning 90% of the matches and the blow off on Smackdown. Then it continues for another month or two. With Randy winning all of the matches. 3 or 4 normal matches. A No DQ match. A few more normal matches. Falls Count Anywhere. All of the No DQ or FCA seem to end with a DDT or RKO on the steps.

FCA is slowly becoming a signature Orton match type, like Cena to I Quit matches and Kane to Inferno.

To this day the fact that Kane went over him clean at WM blows my mind to pieces, well until of course he fell pray to that signature Orton match type a month later, Orton doesn't end his face feuds without going out on top.

Kaladin

This is what happens when they know they have a good wrestler, but creative just has nothing for him. I mean seriously, since Legacy Orton has just been treading water in a creative black hole on Smackdown.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wasn't it Riley that attacked Watson? It made no sense!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't understand that at all. Why did the beatdown continue? Why not just stop when you realized something went wrong? Maybe they both didn't know who was what lol.

That entire ending was just such an incredible clusterfuck. I loved it.

Yeah, I think it was Watson getting attacked thinking about it. It was just such a mess.

Watson still sold it like a champ.

Here we go: 4 mins in - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUfyZhcbwGg

Nope. There was no tether in Saints Row 3. It's just pure craziness all the time, characters get offed nonchalantly, stuff happens every 10 minutes and are completely glossed over, the dynamic of "The Boss" and your homies wasn't as strong, a lot of the early missions were filler, etc. etc. They made a clown game. There's nothing wrong with that, but I preferred the balance in SR2 where it was clearly over the top, but still had dark and serious moments to reel in the experience every once in a while.

You should give it a shot at redemption by watching all one billion episodes of NXT redemption (don't actually ever try this).
I'm pretty sure it had more interesting storylines than Raw and Smackdown.

Though I guess being a Ryback mark and a filthy Barrett hater you're still bitter that the right man won NXT season 1.

I don't hate Barrett, I just hate that he's done absolutely NOTHING. Same with Del Rio, Kofi and JOMO. :(

guys i hate to admit it but net wrecker has it right.

Sr3 is insane in sportsbut has nothing else going for it. Sr2 has the right amount of crazy.

Sokantish

Don't really care about the crazyness of the story, I cared about how much more fun it was than SR2. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!

ecurbj

God, that CM Punk documentary is awesome. 10/10. Kofi and him share a bus together. Never knew that. Punk is a vegetarian too. Never knew that either. He has come a long way. And it's amazing his mindset is to change the copy from what it is currently.

You go Phil.

Striker

Sr3 is insane in sportsbut has nothing else going for it. Sr2 has the right amount of crazy.
It had better enemy gangs and side activities, sure, but the rest I enjoyed more in SR3. I think I enjoyed the customization for our characters the most in SR1 though.

If there's one constant in this WWE universe, it's that I'm always right 95% of the time. Don't hate to admit it, love to accept it.

Don't really care about the crazyness of the story, I cared about how much more fun it was than SR2. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree!

The mechanics are better, so if that alone is enough for you, s'okay wit me. My issue is that SR3 feels like a modern action movie that tries to appeal to the fans of 80's/early 90's actions movies. It's bigger, and prettier, and louder, and crazier, but has no heart.

SR3 felt like "empty fun." It's like all the best parts of ODing without any of the repercussions. Sometimes you just gotta bottom out and find yourself living in the streets in some back alley in a neighborhood you don't know begging people for some money so you can get another hit, nahmsayin? The experience just ain't whole without the soul crushing reality check.

Aiii

So not worth it
God, that CM Punk documentary is awesome. 10/10. Kofi and him share a bus together. Never knew that. Punk is a vegetarian too. Never knew that either. He has come a long way. And it's amazing his mindset is to change the copy from what it is currently.

You go Phil.

Both Bryan and Punk have started eating meat again.

New World Order doc is very forgettable btw. Only Cody Rhodes stories about his dad were cool and new, rest was same old stuff. Only ran for an hour too. Not worth the money imo.

krae_man

Oh my god guys. I just bought a new 1080p monitor to go with my new PC and something dawned on me:
jc3I7.jpg

Dual screen WrassleGAF!

UberTag

This is what happens when they know they have a good wrestler, but creative just has nothing for him. I mean seriously, since Legacy Orton has just been treading water in a creative black hole on Smackdown.
Orton has had one memorable feud since turning face... ONE.
Against Christian.
And he still won virtually every match in that feud except for the one where Christian won the title via deliberate disqualification.

He's also been thrown down some stairs by Barrett and feuded with Kane over a handshake.
Plus he annihilated CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and his former Legacy cohorts with RKOs out of nowhere dozens of times.

That's about it.

Striker

Didn't watch the show at all yesterday, but caught some clips on WWE's Youtube channel.

Why did Ryback clean the ring and get a clean pinfall over both Punk and Ziggler, two of the top three heels in the company? Good grief this company.

Brad Maddox stuff is stupid as hell.

Liked JR acknowledging the crowd cheering for Barrett. Only Cole and Lawler seem to ignore and try to point out they're really cheering for the face.

I like the Rhodes/Sandow and Kane/Bryan feud, but it needs to end with both Rhodes and Sandow getting the belts.

re: Saints Row

SR3's aerial machines were ace. Another reason why I enjoyed it the most.

Quite awesome seeing Barrett getting to close the show in front of the home crowd for RAW. I'm always a sucker for these things (Punk, Bryan, Ryder, etc)

Top Bottom