• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

rvd2kewl

Turning Point 2012

LADDER MATCH: WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries vs. (c) "The Charismatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH
Bobby Roode vs. James Storm vs. AJ Styles

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian vs. (c) Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez

NO DQ TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Magnus vs. (c) Samoa Joe

Liking this show on paper. As usual though, the end result will depend on the booking.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit at some of this Attitude Era stuff. I know everyone likes to go 'oh my god middle fingers and butts'

But they just showed the Hart foundation spraypainting the Nation of Domination's locker room with stuff like 'Homie stay homie' with a guy with an afro by it, a watermelon, an X through 'Malcom X', 'Go Home', An X through a KFC logo, 'Uncle Tom'
Wasn't it actually DX that planted that stuff there?

rvd2kewl

If anyone's interested, there's Wrestlemania ringside seats popping up on Ticketmaster here and there. Just saw 4th row seats in Floor 2, Row D. They're $2000/seat though and 5th row seats are less than half that ($850/ticket). There could be some $850 seats available.

Another thing to keep in mind is after the public onsale, maybe as soon as Saturday night, they should have the interactive map on Ticketmaster which will allow you to see which seats are remaining and you'll be able to choose the seats you want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good golly, Brian Christopher used to look like a hybrid of his dad and AJ Styles

Mick Foley is the best thing about the Attitude Era:
Agree (Disagree) (Circle One)
xh5pR.jpg

vWqXf.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Watching old Attitude Era stuff, Shamrock seemed like such a failed push that WWF kept trying to push. He never seemed that over compared to other guys in the WWF, his MMA experience didn't translate to interesting matches, and he did the same thing every match.

He did have pretty cool music though.

This Raw also has the main event of Bret Hart vs Farooq. That could be a sweet match.

edit: Oh Owen vs HBK too

Yeah, it never really worked out. He probably would have worked out better just a couple of years earlier. He came in at a time when talking was so important and he was terrible on the mic. Charismatic fighter and charismatic wrestler are totally different things. And he didn't really have anyone to work well with him. His best matches were that ridiculously stiff, basically WWF shoot style match with Vader, and a super weird match with Taker where Taker broke out a bunch of MMA stuff for the first time out of the blue. The stuff with Owen was fun, but not super good or anything. I think getting stuck in the remnants of GANG WARZ hurt him a lot and the ridiculous amount of times he was coughing up blood made him look so silly. Could have been a bad ass, but instead just paved the way for Kurt Angle's moveset.

Laserfrog

I'm now in the process of downloading the roster to WCW/NWO Revenge and associated arenas (plus Thunder). So far I have Goldberg, Raven, Saturn, Hall, Stinko Malenko, GLACIER, Psicosis, Big Poppa Pump (HOLLAR), and Scott Norton. Move sets are fucked, though. Steiner's is the only one that is actually done. The rest are half done or not at all.

Anyway, are any of the wrassle bros in here knowledgeable in wireless connections? I've had an ethernet cable hooked into my Xbox Arcade because I never bought the wireless adapter and it has worked just fine for me that way. But starting two days ago, my PC just started spazzing with the wireless connection. It just...won't connect. Actually, it will, but with no connectivity. Refreshing doesn't work because it can't reset the IP or DNS. And while trying to connect it makes my computer lock up hardcore. I've changed every setting I can find, uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware multiple times, even found a USB wireless adapter and it does the same thing. All my other devices with wifi work just find on my network and the neighbor's. Just the PC. So I have to switch the ethernet cable back and forth depending if I want to be on Live or do stuff on my computer. Usually if I'm playing a game, I'm listening to podcasts on Itunes, music on Spotify, or docs on Netflix. And I like using Hulu/Netflix on my Xbox and then do stuff on my computer. But I can't right now because my wireless is wacky as fuck. I went to every store in my city that sells electronics and not a single one had an ethernet splitter. They're like 2 dollars. I even found out that my city still has a Radio Shack in the process. Bugging the shit out of me.

Have you tried manually setting an IP in adapter settings? Is it windows? Somebody help Strobogogo!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol old JR/Vince/King commentary

JR "If Shawn wins the intercontinental title as well, he'll be an even bigger ass than before"
Vince "Same thing could be said for Owen"
JR "I disagree. I think Shawn's the bigger ass"
King "Shawn would go to Lover's Lane by himself"

strobogo

Banned
Have you tried manually setting an IP in adapter settings? Is it windows? Somebody help Strobogogo!

Yes. Released and renewed the IP address. And then it connected and didn't say anything about lack of connectivity. But it still won't connect to the internet. I don't know, bros. I'll be near a Best Buy tomorrow, they should have ethernet splitters, right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's WWF hyping up TAKA when they were trying to compete with WCW's Ultimos, Mysterios, Psicosis's, Blitzkriegs, etc.

I like TAKA, but him alone wasn't enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There were so many random tag teams in WWF

Like I remember the Headbangers and LOD of course
but then you got DOA, The Truth Commission, The Godwinns

Kaladin

The 11/6 Super Smackdown Live (via tape) special did 2,202,000 viewers, far less that what it does in its usual time-slot.

iWuXxpLjnKppS.gif

There's WWF hyping up TAKA when they were trying to compete with WCW's Ultimos, Mysterios, Psicosis's, Blitzkriegs, etc.

I like TAKA, but him alone wasn't enough.

They really should have done more with Dick Togo and Men's Teioh when they had the chance. TAKA had no one worthwhile to feud with, just Brian Christopher.

Alucard

Banned
Holy shit at some of this Attitude Era stuff. I know everyone likes to go 'oh my god middle fingers and butts'

But they just showed the Hart foundation spraypainting the Nation of Domination's locker room with stuff like 'Homie stay homie' with a guy with an afro by it, a watermelon, an X through 'Malcom X', 'Go Home', An X through a KFC logo, 'Uncle Tom'

Both Bret and Owen HATED having to do that storyline. Bret talks about it in his book and how it just went against everything he believed. Alas, you gotta listen to the guy cutting your checks.

Top Bottom