• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_m7163tcp9X1r324lio1_400.gif

luke who?

Okay.

Jeff's the champ? That's good. (or for wrasslegaf that's bad)

oh and Soulplaya i saw a stupid shirt at Hot Topic today , it was a stick figure drawing of D-Bry and Kane and it said something like hug it out or some shit.

Why were you hanging out in a Hot Topic?

Thanks to some work training I'm up in the northeast still. Very excited to see the PWS show tonight. I've heard nothing but good things plus, Starman.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Mortis could have made Kane cool.

They would have been Christmas colors
Mortis would have been great for a classic Kane squash match. I can already seem taking the sidewalk slam, then the flying clothesline, then the chokeslam. Kane stands over him, laughs, pyro from the posts. Would have been great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mortis would have been great for a classic Kane squash match. I can already seem taking the sidewalk slam, then the flying clothesline, then the chokeslam. Kane stands over him, laughs, pyro from the posts. Would have been great.

If GGG is such a GG then how come he let Kanyon get bullied?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If GGG is such a GG then how come he let Kanyon get bullied?
According to Stacy Keibler, she developed a crush on Kane during the invasion stuff (when she came in, and during the time Kanyon was released) because he was so polite and soft spoken to her.

Apparently, GGG had bigger concerns back then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
According to Stacy Keibler, she developed a crush on Kane during the invasion stuff (when she came in, and during the time Kanyon was released) because he was so polite and soft spoken to her.

Apparently, GGG had bigger concerns back then.

Sounds like GGG was too busy talking to girls than holding out a helping hand to a brother in a stupid gimmick.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sounds like GGG was too busy talking to girls than holding out a helping hand to a brother in a stupid gimmick.
What stupid gimmick?

It was the same gimmick that got Kanyon over. "Who better than Kanyon?" It's not GGG's fault that Vince thought the answer to that question was, "a lot of people."

Speaking of Mortis...

Rob Van Dam recently did an interview where he revealed Eric Bischoff wanted to bring him back to WCW in 1997 as a masked partner of Glacier to take on Mortis & Wrath.

Van Dam declined. Bischoff ended up giving the spot to Ernest Miller, who was Garett Bischoff's legit karate trainer at the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was reading some interview with Nash about gays in wrestling, and I got a good laugh.

OS: Does it matter to you if a gay guy is looking at you naked?

Nash: No, as long as he's looking and approving.
Bret Hart vs. Diesel at Survivor Series '95 was a great match, if you're looking for something to watch tonight. I dare you to tell me that someone has gone through the Spanish announcers' table harder and better than Bret near the end of this match.

Bret considers it one of his best matches. With Diesel of all people, but I'll never be onboard with the Nash hate. People expect him to do flippy flops or super technical wrestling like a Vader, but I like what Nash said in an interview. 'I'm a big guy. I'm not supposed to be the one working hard to beat the smaller guy. The smaller guy's supposed to be the one working his ass off to beat me as the big hurdle to climb'. Paraphrasing, of course.

Jamie OD

Ok, just back from the Dublin house show, I didn't know any Gaffers were going before I left, as I'm only catching up on the posts now, shame. Anyway, the show was awesome. I had floor seats about fourth row, so I was damn close to the ring, great view of the action and the entrances. No pyro in the whole show, I think the arena isn't equipped for it, it's mainly a theatre rather than an arena, so it's an odd set up.

The arena was packed wall to wall, looked like a sellout, and the crowd was great. They were hot for every match, even the filler ones, all the faces got chants no matter who they were, all the heels got heavy boos (save Punk and Ziggler). Tons of kids, probably 50%, most of them in green Cena merch, but a lot of them also had Bryan, Punk and Ziggler shirts, probably because they're more colourful than the boring black shirts. After Cena, the Bryan shirts were the most common, a lot of adults wearing them, too.

I had Cena kids to my right and my left, but rather than being annoying, their enthusiasm for everything was fun. Row behind me had some smarks, so we got plenty of chants.

It's amazing how different matches feel live, then watching on TV, matches you would have zero interest in watching TV are entertaining and fun live, I wasn't bored during any match. For no one in particular, probably just myself, I'll run down the card, but put it in the quote box to make this post a lot shorter to quote (if such a thing were to happen):

So yeah, really great show, terrific crowd, which really helps since it seemed to put all of the wrestlers in very good moods. I'm definitely going to the Wrestlemania Revenge tour, I'll see if I can even get ringside seats. I think we're in the middle of Impact right now so i don't think this will get read by many, but my head is buzzing with WWE so I had to write it all down. I took a lot of photos, but I'll look through them tomorrow and see if there are any good ones.

Crazy how the report for the show over at F4WOnline is so negative. No problem if the guy didn't like the show but he acted like the building was dead and half empty for the entire show, which isn't true at all. I couldn't hear Vickie at all since the crowd booing her were so loud for example. Anyway, nothing much I can add to Ithil's post. They had a nice, small stage set up with screens. I think it's the first time they've used that here. I know it is a recent additition to their house shows. I'll post a pic when I can.

I will say this about the Divas match, it was a creeper's dream.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How come Mean Gene doesn't do interviews for WWE anymore? Can't keep up with the road schedule? He still sounds the exact same.

It's kind of sad how no one has come even anywhere close to Gene when it comes to interviews.

BlazinAm

Was reading some interview with Nash about gays in wrestling, and I got a good laugh.

Bret considers it one of his best matches. With Diesel of all people, but I'll never be onboard with the Nash hate. People expect him to do flippy flops or super technical wrestling like a Vader, but I like what Nash said in an interview. 'I'm a big guy. I'm not supposed to be the one working hard to beat the smaller guy. The smaller guy's supposed to be the one working his ass off to beat me as the big hurdle to climb'. Paraphrasing, of course.

Nash got lazy in WCW in 1999 particularly... and he was feud with big guys at the time.

G-Fex

How come Mean Gene doesn't do interviews for WWE anymore? Can't keep up with the road schedule? He still sounds the exact same.

It's kind of sad how no one has come even anywhere close to Gene when it comes to interviews.

You mean you don't like that moron in back?

He's only doing his job....

*gets thrown by Brock Lesnar*

Enfinit

So after three years, WWE's coming back to where I currently live for the RAW World Tour nonsense. Punk vs. Ryberg is being advertised as the main event for the WWE Championship, as well as "LIVE in [where I live] John Cena!"

Can't wait. Also, this is the promotional picture they're using:
CM.Punk_01302012rf_008.jpg

He's not fat, this photo is inaccurate.

Ithil

Crazy how the report for the show over at F4WOnline is so negative. No problem if the guy didn't like the show but he acted like the building was dead and half empty for the entire show, which isn't true at all. I couldn't hear Vickie at all since the crowd booing her were so loud for example. Anyway, nothing much I can add to Ithil's post. They had a nice, small stage set up with screens. I think it's the first time they've used that here. I know it is a recent additition to their house shows. I'll post a pic when I can.

I will say this about the Divas match, it was a creeper's dream.

Yeah I don't know what he is on about, the building was packed, and the crowd was damned hot. Where were you seated?

It's funny how Big E is more over than Ryback.

Also really cool to see 'The First Son of the Wyatt Family' make his debut.

Big E is awesome, wasn't he the one in the Cena hype video before a wresltemania main event? Sure he lifts with him which may bode well for a future push

Ithil

I was sitting on the left hand side of the arena. Only took one pic before the show began since my phone camera isn't good when used in an arena environment.

240C04FE-E644-4AEB-801B-1C5266600C9C-371-000000540E8C8F91.jpg

I'll have a gawk through the photos I took later on and see if any are decent, I am a terrible photographer so a lot looked to be coming out blurred, but we'll see. I'm certain I got a good one of Sandow standing on the ropes.

Ithil

Rather unfortunate news, I don't know if I'm late with it, but Drew McIntyre's mother has passed away at 51, hence his absence from the live shows this week.

Ithil

How the fuck did Husky Harris instantly become one of the best promo guys in the game?

Guess he just had a lot of hidden charisma and acting talent that he was never asked to show before. Shame he got all the Windham talent, his brother got none.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just needed a character he could get behind, I guess. Also, it helps that he isn't called Husky any more.

I don't want people to think the wrong thing and not get it, but I've been on board with Husky Harris since NXT - he's fantastic and can go a long way.

Top Bottom