• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Kaladin

The following is a public service announcement from your General Manager, Mr. Sandman:

I have some things coming up in the next couple of months (graduation w/ master degree, job hunt, hopefully getting hired somewhere and moving, ect.) that will prevent me from watching weekly wrasslin on a regular basis. As such, I will appoint an Interim General Manager to create the December and January threads in my absence. I will still post, but I just won't be following WWE/TNA enough to make a thread, and I won't have the time to do what I have been doing for the threads. I do plan on returning in February and at this point will appoint Sunflower as Interim General Manager in my absence. I'm sure Sunflower will do as good of a job with it as I have over the past three months.

This has been a public service announcement from your General Manager, Mr. Sandman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The following is a public service announcement from your General Manager, Mr. Sandman:

I have some things coming up in the next couple of months (graduation w/ master degree, job hunt, hopefully getting hired somewhere and moving, ect.) that will prevent me from watching weekly wrasslin on a regular basis. As such, I will appoint an Interim General Manager to create the December and January threads in my absence. I will still post, but I just won't be following WWE/TNA enough to make a thread, and I won't have the time to do what I have been doing for the threads. I do plan on returning in February and at this point will appoint Sunflower as Interim General Manager in my absence. I'm sure Sunflower will do as good of a job with it as I have over the past three months.

This has been a public service announcement from your General Manager, Mr. Sandman.

Holding this till you return:

AKUaL.gif

I hope everything works out great for you, and I promise to not break things
I will probably break things

bangai-o

Banned

i thought we were rotating OP makers anyway.

BREAKING: This morning it was reported that Mr. Sandman will be stepping down from his General Manager position effective immediately. This comes as a bit of a surprise to many as the NeoGAF board of directors have been happy with his overall performance and ability to bring in ratings, despite the numerous controversies which have occurred in his tenure as GM.
While publicly stating other commitments as the reason for his decision, numerous backstage sources have reported that Mr. Sandman had been using his position of power to harass select main event talent and he is alleged to be having an affair with a WrassleGAF diva.
Sunflower has been appointed to be acting General Manager in the interim period. Well known as part of Mr. Sandman's inner circle, Sunflower is not likely to make significant changes and many in the back feel he will be acting as a puppet to a continued Mr. Sandman regime.
More on this story as it develops.

Source: WrassleGAF Insider

krae_man

If anyone wants to become WrassleGAF's managing supervisor, I have security camera footage of Sunflower and Heavy going into the same hotel room.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone wants to become WrassleGAF's managing supervisor, I have security camera footage of Sunflower and Heavy going into the same hotel room.

We went in there to compare thighs, that's all! JUST THE THIGHS! IT WAS BUSINESS! IT WAS--

B-Dex

My first act as Interim GM of WrassleGaf is to have a rematch between laserfrog and Soulplaya (accompanied by Kane). Falls count anywhere.

Laserfrog

Robocop should make the next thread, I thought this was a democracy?! All this behind the scenes politicking is turning into wresslegaf-gate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Robocop should make the next thread, I thought this was a democracy?! All this behind the scenes politicking is turning into wresslegaf-gate.

The only good politickin' is doing is getting people a GWF push. The GWF runs this show. But who runs the GWF?!

G-Fex

Good idea laser, him re-teamed with Sting again.

Though it would be hilarious having me making the OP since I don'tknow what's going on currently in WWE except Ryback.

Laserfrog

I bet it's all that Mitch Rom-knees running the GWF he has roms from games of the past as his knees and therefor cannot be trusted.

Laserfrog

They cut of the top of that picture where Jesse has a full head of luxurious hair, his baldness is not true and was fabricated to ensure he became governor, or mayor or whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They cut of the top of that picture where Jesse has a full head of luxurious hair, his baldness is not true and was fabricated to ensure he became governor, or mayor or whatever.

I don't think he looks good w/o all his hair and w/o a mustache. He needs a hair cape + mustache to be awesome.

Laserfrog

I've seen a few episodes of Conspiracy Theories with Jesse Ventura, although I love Jesse Ventura like a brother it wasn't that great. It needs more of him in it and less of the other people who are "investigating" if he just went on about how he was in the Navy seals and can't wrestle due to Vietnam for 30 minutes I think that'd make it a better show.

Also he said he'd consider running for the 2016 presidential election.

knee

I'm still bothered that Cena only wears merch everywhere, even when he's fucking his boss.

I'm sure that part of his salary is tied to merch. revenue.

On top of that, if he signs and donates his gear to charity as Cena-worn, it'll pull waaaay more for the charity than it's actually worth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How's that nWo blu ray/dvd? I'm seeing kinda poor-ass reviews of it. Has anyone picked it up? Worth havin?

smr00

Banned
How's that nWo blu ray/dvd? I'm seeing kinda poor-ass reviews of it. Has anyone picked it up? Worth havin?
The documentary was about an hour and 6 minutes long and it was fucking awful.

Most of it was rehashed interviews from the 2002-2003 dvd (with 0 hogan interviews and maybe a minutes worth of scott hall), they only dedicated about 90 seconds to the sting/nwo feud which blew my mind since from what i recall was a big part of the nwo history and the match lineup? Doesn't even have Sting/Hogan from Starrcade 97 and i know that match wasn't the best but you can't have a nWo dvd without that fucking match. The only new interviews were from Nash/Pac, Hennings son and Cody Rhodes and some jobber i cant even be bothered to remember. The rest are just archived interviews.

Also the documentary felt like a 12 year old went on youtube and just cut together a bunch o footage. I regret wasting $20 on it :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The documentary was about an hour and 6 minutes long and it was fucking awful.

Most of it was rehashed interviews from the 2002-2003 dvd (with 0 hogan interviews and maybe a minutes worth of scott hall), they only dedicated about 90 seconds to the sting/nwo feud which blew my mind since from what i recall was a big part of the nwo history and the match lineup? Doesn't even have Sting/Hogan from Starrcade 97 and i know that match wasn't the best but you can't have a nWo dvd without that fucking match. The only new interviews were from Nash/Pac, Hennings son and Cody Rhodes and some jobber i cant even be bothered to remember. The rest are just archived interviews.

Also the documentary felt like a 12 year old went on youtube and just cut together a bunch o footage. I regret wasting $20 on it :(

Brutal. Thanks for the input. I wanted to at $20 but it sounds like such a waste. Did you get the blu-ray? If so, any comments on the quality? I realize it'll only get so good, but...

smr00

Banned
Brutal. Thanks for the input. I wanted to at $20 but it sounds like such a waste. Did you get the blu-ray? If so, any comments on the quality? I realize it'll only get so good, but...
Quality is what you have come to expect from WWE blu-rays.

The ONLY thing that i like about it is that it has the roundtable discussion that im sure can be found on youtube but it's nice to have it on disc. I mean if the card interest you i say pick it up but it has no matches on it that stand out or that i personally care about. I bought it expecting a top notch documentary like with every other WWE blu-ray/dvd in the past few years but got a half ass amateur hour documentary that is laughable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quality is what you have come to expect from WWE blu-rays.

The ONLY thing that i like about it is that it has the roundtable discussion that im sure can be found on youtube but it's nice to have it on disc. I mean if the card interest you i say pick it up but it has no matches on it that stand out or that i personally care about. I bought it expecting a top notch documentary like with every other WWE blu-ray/dvd in the past few years but got a half ass amateur hour documentary that is laughable.

I was hoping for a doc that was at least in the same neighborhood as the CM Punk one, but...yep.

And yeah I think I've seen the Roundtable as well. I love them, but it's hardly a big deal to own. Guess I'll only grab Halo 4.

hertog

Just to set the record straight (yes I realise I post about Punk 99% of the time) my favourite wrasslers at the moment are:

Punk
Bryan
Rock
Henry
Jericho

Those with potential:

Ziggler
Barrett
Cody
Ambrose
Heel Sheamus

Don't give a crap about:

Orton
Cena
Ryback
Triple H

yes I only watch WWE

Almost my entire wwe list:

favourite wrasslers at the moment are:

Punk
Bryan
Rock
Henry
Jericho
Kane
Bork

Those with potential:

Ziggler
Barrett
Cody
Sandow

Don't give a crap about:

Orton
Cena
Triple H
AJ

even less:

Ryback
Sheamus

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Ryback Snack Attack. No respect.

I think his Meat Hook clothesline is just the beginning.

"Chickenwing"

"Potato Chip Crack"

"Dessert Drop"

strobogo

Banned
Who do you guys think the most improved this year is?

I think if you're talking US (WWE and TNA), Titus O'Neil is lock for most improved. The difference between him on NXT and today is unbelievable. Every single aspect he improved. In ring, on the mic, general attitude and comfort level. Dude is a top level performer, even if he still gets lost from time to time. I was honestly stunned he didn't get let go after NXT. He flipped that same switch that Husky Harris flipped and it's awesome. D-Young has improved a lot, too, but not in the same magnitude that Titus has.

In TNA I would say Bully Ray, but his improvement came last year and was just solidified more this year.

Mark Henry is recovering from shoulder surgery after having major groin surgery in the summer, but he's expecting to return by the end of the year. He's dropped a lot of weight, too.

I hope you're not implying that Mark Henry is injury prone. Tread lightly.

y4PUK.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think if you're talking US (WWE and TNA), Titus O'Neil is lock for most improved. The difference between him on NXT and today is unbelievable. Every single aspect he improved. In ring, on the mic, general attitude and comfort level. Dude is a top level performer, even if he still gets lost from time to time. I was honestly stunned he didn't get let go after NXT. He flipped that same switch that Husky Harris flipped and it's awesome. D-Young has improved a lot, too, but not in the same magnitude that Titus has.

In TNA I would say Bully Ray, but his improvement came last year and was just solidified more this year.

Can't disagree with any of that. Not a single bit.

Alucard

Banned
5 greatest workers from the 90's, GO.

1. Bret Hart
2. Steve Austin
3. Randy Savage
4. Chris Jericho
5. Shawn Michaels

Random list is random!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5 greatest workers from the 90's, GO.

Bobby Eaton
Brooklyn Brawler
Repo Man
Italian Stallion
Barry Horowitz

Almost all enhancement talent and by god they did their jobs well.

Top Bottom