• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

strobogo

Banned
I liked Husky in OG NXT as well, but he certainly never showed any kind of promise of what he's doing right now. I was pretty stoked to see a fat guy and cowboy wrestling boots again. Never did he strike me as a guy who could be so good at live and taped promos, though.

I don't want people to think the wrong thing and not get it, but I've been on board with Husky Harris since NXT - he's fantastic and can go a long way.

I was definitely warming to him before the character change, as when he returned from injury as Husky he did some good work with Steamboat Jr. and generally seemed to have an intensity about his wrestling that wasn't as apparent before. I'd love to see the Wyatt Family grow into a full-fledged stable - there aren't enough stables these days.

Ithil

I don't want people to think the wrong thing and not get it, but I've been on board with Husky Harris since NXT - he's fantastic and can go a long way.

I think I always thought of him (in FCW, anyway) as a very promising big man wrestler, considering he's still very young, so I was a fan, sure, but I never saw this amazing promo ability and charisma coming. I can't wait to see this Wyatt Family stable grow and evolve, he's got that ability to absolutely command your attention at just 25, which is really something special. Most guys never develop that commanding presence, the ones that do tend to find it around 30 after several years on the main roster.

Meanwhile, Bo Dallas is bad in the ring, absolutely terrible at promos, has no character, and is just plain weird looking, but got super face booking in FCW and is pushed fairly hard in NXT.

Ultratech

There's just something about him I can't put my finger on, but he's enjoyable.

Plus, he's a big guy who's surprisingly kinda fast. (The so-called Tank with a Ferrari engine.)

The Wyatt stuff was pretty damn impressive the first time I saw it.

strobogo

Banned
Youtube Bray Wyatt. You'll see his awesome vignettes. This week on NXT he had a great live promo after having been out for a while due to injury. It was the best promo on WWE TV (all 30 hours a week) in quite some time. Even though he hasn't been on TV for a while because of his injury, I think he's easily the second best promo guy in the company just under Punk.

If there is one thing Dusty knows how to book besides a Dusty finish, it is heel stables. I'm super geeked at the prospects of Dusty booking a modern day Horsemen/Sullivan's wacky Florida stable.

ZeroRay

In honor of WM tickets going on sale, I will list matches guran-damn-teed to be on the card come Wrestlemania time. Barring any unfortunate circumstances of course.

Ryback vs Brock, Reading this Bleacher Report article, it just makes too much damn sense.

Daniel Bryan and Kane vs Mysterio and Sin Cara, they were supposed to do Mysterio/Cara this year, giving masks away to the crowd to break some record. What better way to break mask-based records than to involve Kane?! They could even give away goat masks to rep D.Brine.

John Cena vs Rock II, Once in a lifetime? lolno

CM Punk vs Miz, opening the show lolol

Ithil

I wonder if they've got an idea of who they want to win the Rumble already. That can change right up til the last minute, but they usually have a solid idea of the people they'd be happy with winning a few months in advance.

I hope they don't waste it on Cena like they did the RAW MITB this year.

Ithil

Mark Henry is recovering from shoulder surgery after having major groin surgery in the summer, but he's expecting to return by the end of the year. He's dropped a lot of weight, too.

63ZUh.jpg

Christian also had shoulder surgery while rehabbing his foot, for nagging injuries, but is expecting to be back by the end of the month, or early December. Evan Bourne is recovering from his massive foot injury, and is looking for a spring return. His foot injury was potentially career threatening, apparently, so this is good news for him.

So a good few injury returns over the next few months.

Guzim

Mark Henry is recovering from shoulder surgery after having major groin surgery in the summer, but he's expecting to return by the end of the year. He's dropped a lot of weight, too.

Mark Henry is looking great! I miss him and his theme song.

Christian also had shoulder surgery while rehabbing his foot, for nagging injuries, but is expecting to be back by the end of the month, or early December. Evan Bourne is recovering from his massive foot injury, and is looking for a spring return.

It feels like Bourne has been gone forever, I just can't see him ever gaining any momentum on a return unfortunately.
I hope Mark Henry can return to a solid position in the card, he really surprised me last year so I actually expect good things from him now.

You guys have lost it.

Oh Kyoufu, if I didn't know any better you hate everyone but CM Punk, that said i'm tepid on Husky myself even under his new gimmick, but at least it is a gimmick he can make something with.

Ithil

It feels like Bourne has been gone forever, I just can't see him ever gaining any momentum on a return unfortunately.
I hope Mark Henry can return to a solid position in the card, he really surprised me last year so I actually expect good things from him now.

Oh Kyoufu, if I didn't know any better you hate everyone but CM Punk, that said i'm tepid on Husky myself even under his new gimmick, but at least it is a gimmick he can make something with.

Punk supports Bourne big time, and I THINK HHH is a fan of his, but I might be thinking of someone else. In any case I think he'll be at least given his old mid card spot back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry looks amazing - good on him for dropping so much weight! Really excellent look!

Laserfrog

bandwagon.jpg

I'll hop onto any bandwagon I can find! I have no original thoughts of my own.
The federal government implants all thoughts into your brain, there is no escape

Christian also had shoulder surgery while rehabbing his foot, for nagging injuries, but is expecting to be back by the end of the month, or early December. Evan Bourne is recovering from his massive foot injury, and is looking for a spring return. His foot injury was potentially career threatening, apparently, so this is good news for him.

I don't mind a slightly learner, still badass Mark Henry. Somebody gon get their wig split.

Punk supports Bourne big time, and I THINK HHH is a fan of his, but I might be thinking of someone else. In any case I think he'll be at least given his old mid card spot back.
Is it odd that tag team run aside I barely even considered Bourne to have a midcard position? he certainly deserves it but he seems to spend a lot of time in Tyson kidd territory of being a superstars regular, gets called up for like a month of stop/start pushing and then drops back down again.

That's funny. Considering I started the 3MB fan club.

I just don't hop bandwagons like some of you.

I'm the ONE MAN BANDwagon BAYBAY

You're a lone renegade who doesn't play by the established rules!

Kyoufu

Just to set the record straight (yes I realise I post about Punk 99% of the time) my favourite wrasslers at the moment are:

Punk
Bryan
Rock
Henry
Jericho

Those with potential:

Ziggler
Barrett
Cody
Ambrose
Heel Sheamus

Don't give a crap about:

Orton
Cena
Ryback
Triple H

yes I only watch WWE

Early Attitude era was best Attitude era.

I liked how they started developing a cruiser division. TAKA had some pretty awesome matches with some Japanese/Mexican wrestlers. Its too bad they never really did anything with all that talent but have matches with TAKA. These guys could have gotten over at the time too.

I also remember this very awkward moment on RAW involving Jim Cornette bringing out the Headhunters???? to beat up the Headbangers. The Headhunters seemed so lost in the ring and got virtually ZERO pop. You can hear crickets in that ring.

Who do you guys think the most improved this year is? I think it's pretty hard to argue against Kazuchika Okada. I'd seen some of his limited work in TNA, and a few matches from before he left for the US, but I don't think anyone was prepared for the kind of impact he has made since returning. By my count, he's wrestled in 8 MOTY contenders so far this year (Tanahashi, Naito, Goto, Tanahashi II, Naito II, Goto II, Anderson, Anderson II) and has been propelled to top-heel status in New Japan, which is a remarkable feat considering the talent in the promotion at present. He's bound to have another excellent match at the iPPV this Sunday against Hirooki Goto, and Tanahashi vs Okada III is just about the most anticipated match in Japan today. I think what makes him such a compelling wrestler is a combination of his confidence and charisma in-ring, and the sheer effortless precision he puts into his move-set. Okada's drop-kick, for instance, is probably one of the best I've seen, while The Rainmaker is an excellent, yet simple finisher with great potential for clever counter use.

Samuray Del Sol is another good shout, and has benefited from working with El Generico a lot, who seems to have imparted a greater sense of structure to Del Sol's ring-work. If you aren't yet familiar with Samuray Del Sol as of yet, do yourself a favour and check him out; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XXfv7Zvfws

Thirdly, Zack Sabre Jr. has been quietly improving over in Japan and the UK this past year, but could really do with more exposure in the US. He'd be a great fit for ROH, and has already wrestled for EVOLVE in the past. He wrestled a MOTY contender against Davey Richards for wXw in Germany back in August, and after paying his dues on his first two tours of NOAH, has finally started to pick up some wins, doing well to endear himself to the Japanese fans with his unique British wrestling style, and evoking good reactions from the crowds even in defeat.

Yuji Nagata has been left without a partner for the upcoming NJPW World Tag League that runs from November 20th to December 2nd, as Wataru Inoue is now teaming with Togi Makabe and King Fale is training in the US. So, Nagata turned to Pro-Wrestling NOAH's Jun Akiyama, who he partnered with at his 20th anniversary show, but Akiyama declined saying that he can't team with someone who is fighting against NOAH (Nagata currently stands drawn on points with Akiyama in NOAH's Global League, and if he wins the league he will challenge Morishima for the GHC Title at New Japan's January 4th Tokyo Dome show).

Instead, Nagata has chosen his other partner from the 20th anniversary show; Dragon Gate's Masaaki Mochizuki, and Mochizuki & Nagata will be collectively known by the slightly odd tag name of 'anti-aging β'.

Also, New Japan's next iPPV is THIS SUNDAY - get hype;

iiERsqtVzcSYf.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 - $25, VOD until 11/15 17:00 JST

New Japan Pro-Wrestling, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2012.11.11
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM (Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)

17:00 JST | 09:00 CET | 08:00 GMT | 03:00 EST | 00:00 PST

• 1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
  • 2. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Negro Casas & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado
  • 3. Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
  • 4. IWGP Tag Team Title: Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
  • 5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) vs. Prince Devitt
  • 6. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
  • 7. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
  • 8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson
  • 9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Yujiro Takahashi

Really looking forward to all of the top 5 matches there, and the opener should be great fun too. Predictions;

1. Time Splitters for the win.
2. Faces for the win.
3. Suzuki-gun.
4. TenKoji.
5. Prince Devitt.
6. Laughter7
7. Okada.
8. Nakamura (although Anderson winning would be really cool to see, and the start of a potentially great feud).
9. Tanahashi.

I think the main event is really very interesting. Tanahashi and Yujiro had a great match in the G1, but Yujiro hasn't ever really been presented as a main event guy, and it will be interesting to see if he can step up and prove himself. No way Tanahashi loses though, because Tanahashi vs Okada III is where the money is.

As for the Jr. Heavyweight title, even though Low Ki only just beat Ibushi for the belt, I can see him dropping it to Devitt. I was surprised they gave us Ki vs Devitt for this show, as I thought they would save it for the Tokyo Dome, and that combined with the fact that Ibushi still has a rematch leads me to believe that it'll be; Prince Devitt (c) vs Low Ki vs Kota Ibushi at the Tokyo Dome.

tm24

Instead, Nagata has chosen his other partner from the 20th anniversary show; Dragon Gate's Masaaki Mochizuki, and Mochizuki & Nagata will be collectively known by the slightly odd tag name of 'anti-aging β'.
That name makes total sense though. Its awesome. Can't wait for the Tag League.
As for the Jr. Heavyweight title, even though Low Ki only just beat Ibushi for the belt, I can see him dropping it to Devitt. I was surprised they gave us Ki vs Devitt for this show, as I thought they would save it for the Tokyo Dome, and that combined with the fact that Ibushi still has a rematch leads me to believe that it'll be; Prince Devitt (c) vs Low Ki vs Kota Ibushi at the Tokyo Dome.

YES PLEASE

It was 100% better than any US indie fed you have watched on iPPV.

sounds good then iw as worried beacue if ROH can barely stream how the hell is one form japan going to do.

also in other Ippv news chiakra season finale is december 2nd.

most likely having

tim donst vs Eddie kingston for the grand championship

Mysterious and handsome stranger vs Mr. touchdown.

Spectral envoy vs delirious and the batri

a resoultion to the gekido/chikara battle

tm24

It was 100% better than any US indie fed you have watched on iPPV.

Similarly, it was a giant middle finger to whatever ROH was doing for all those months! To be fair, a lot of money was spent on the production and no expense was spared for the experiment

This Saturday, British women's wrestling promotion Pro-Wrestling EVE presents the first annual WrestleFever, live worldwide via iPPV;

http://www.evewrestlefever.com - £5.99 (plus, pre-purchase now and receive a free download of the show after it's finished).

19:00 GMT | 14:00 EST | 11:00 PST

. EVE Title Match; Alpha Female (c) vs Nikki Storm
. Beauty vs Glamour; Angelina Love vs Carmel Jacob
. International Dream Match; Emi Sakura vs Kay Lee Ray
. Kaori Yoneyama & April Davids vs The Blossom Twins
. Janey Britannico vs Shanna
. Erin Angel vs Fiona Fraser
. AMA-REILLY (Amazon Ayesha Ray & Rhia O'Reilly) vs The Owen Twins vs ???
. Kirsty Love vs Blue Nikita

Also, SHINE 5 takes place worldwide via iPPV on November 16th, and the main event will be;

. Jazz & ??? vs Rain & Mercedes Martinez

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-11-16-12.html - $9.99

Plus, also signed;

Nikki Roxx
Jessicka Havok
Reby Sky
Leva Bates
Su Yung
Kimberly
Taylor Made & Allysin Kay (Made In Sin)
Santana
Sassy Stephie
Sojo Bolt
Heidi Lovelace
Ivelisse
Nikki St. John
Athena
Niya
Marti Belle

Also, Athena makes her SHINE Wrestling début!

YES PLEASE

It would be an awesome match, and quite a spectacle as Japan rarely puts on 3-way matches. Not sure why they never really caught on over there...

tm24 said:
Similarly, it was a giant middle finger to whatever ROH was doing for all those months! To be fair, a lot of money was spent on the production and no expense was spared for the experiment

Yeah, it really was a great quality show and they obviously put a lot of effort into the streaming side of things, as I never noticed a drop in quality or hiccups with the stream. The only slight downside is that they have to mute the entrance music for some wrestlers, as they don't own the international rights.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Katie Lea vs Beth Phoenix ladder match from FCW on the Ladder Match 2 dvd at lunch today. That was incredible, everyone needs to see it. I'd link it on youtube for you all but I can't find it there! :(

It was REALLY good, and 2 of my favorites.

Jitters

Watched Katie Lea vs Beth Phoenix ladder match from FCW on the Ladder Match 2 dvd at lunch today. That was incredible, everyone needs to see it. I'd link it on youtube for you all but I can't find it there! :(

It was REALLY good, and 2 of my favorites.

I saw that when it happened. How cool am I? I don't remember it being anything special though.

Top Bottom