• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Alucard

Banned
Ordered 4 ROH DVDs at $5 today. After shipping to Canada, it came up to $31. Good stuff! I actually did my research and read some reviews of all the available clearance DVDs. Let's just say, there's a reason why a lot of them are at clearance prices. Found four that got good-to-great reviews. And here they are:

ROH_Clash_of_the_Contenders.gif
soft2009.jpg
Bluegrass_Brawl.jpg
ROHfinalbattle2010.jpg

Psyched to watch Steen/Generico in Final Battle 2010.

Next up: PWG 5 for $40 sale. Any final suggestions for which DVDs to get for a PWG virgin?

Next up: PWG 5 for $40 sale. Any final suggestions for which DVDs to get for a PWG virgin?

I'd suggest ddt4, Death to all but Metal & Threemendous III from this year, and Fear & Steen Wolf from 2011. If you're after older shows, you can't go wrong with any of the big ddt4, battle of LA and All Star Weekend shows.

Does anybody know whos in charge of NXT i mean what a great wrestling promotion/show. They do everything right for the most part. ITS PRO-WRESTLING

if you think NXT is awesome now watch season 3 and Redemption

I watched Season 3 i thought it was great. I really believe that one episode where you can hear the director doing his job the whole time was released on purpose. watched most of the 1st half of redemption never got to the "good" stuff. I stopped when it seemed there wasn't gonna be a "winner" anymore.

I don't know if this is up to date, or if it helps you at all... but, uh, here.

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/NXT-Wrestling-Staff.html
Im gonna give Dusty the credit something really old school about this show

Steamboat, Smiley and Mercury are probably the reason why these guys get to actually wrestle on this show

strobogo

Banned
Does anybody know whos in charge of NXT i mean what a great wrestling promotion/show. They do everything right for the most part. ITS PRO-WRESTLING

Dusty is both actual and on screen booker. And you can tell because it has all of his hallmarks: Weird family stable (Wyatt's Family), demonic guy/team (The Ascension), unstoppable squash monster (BIG E), bounty angle (also Big E.), sexy baby face pretty boy types (Richie Steamboat, Seth Rollins, Trent Barreta), interesting and unique vignettes, visiting champions/stars from other territories. It's all the best Dustyisms without any Dusty finishes. I assume that Rollins will lose the title soon and have to feud with the Bray Wayatt family or something. Strong baby face champion is the only thing that is keeping it from 100% Dusty style.

Top Bottom