• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
tumblr_mb5s86BD6i1r7bjxco1_500.jpg
loooooool

fat teddy

King of Kings, for sure. I thought it was ridiculous that A. His entrance music had entrance music and B. The first entrance music was way cooler. He should have kept King of Kings as his main intro music and not as his intro to intro and promo music.

Has there ever been a dude who had a different theme for matches and promo segments? Only Da Game.
Didn't Dude Love have two different themes for promos and matches?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I love Kevin Nash. The guy honestly helped improve the lives of wrestlers everyday by enacting guaranteed money as a routine contractual incentive. Not to mention that he's not a "mark" for his own stuff (something that I like about Kane), plus he's funny, and he understands his role as a big man.

Owen Hart- died before he could get a championship push.
Mr. Perfect-injuries + going to WCW
Tyson Kidd- i agree but he is on tv more
Low Ki- agree
Vader- agree
Monty Brown
Tajiri-
William Regal- wellness policy violation screwed him
Ultimo Dragon
DDP-well past his prime by then
Scott Steiner-

did you guys know that AKI was developing WCW Mayhem 2 for EA for the PS2 before Vince bought the WCW and shut it down? We could have had at least one more, closer to modern gen, AKI wrestling game. Fuck you mcMahon!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Owen Hart - Sure, he never got the title but he also had big profile feuds with Bret and Austin.
Mr. Perfect - Sure, but he was constantly on TV and incredibly well known
Tyson Kidd - He knew what he was getting into at his height, let's be honest.
Low Ki - Didn't he quit because he wasn't instantly pushed to the stars? He might have said different, but most sites say that
Vader - Yes
Monty Brown - Had to quit because of his sister's death
Tajiri - Yes though he did get plenty of tv time
William Regal - Got a HUGE push and fucked it up for drugs
Ultimo Dragon - Never had huge plans in WWE. Got to go to Wrestlemania which was on his bucket list.
DDP - Too old to do much with
Scott Steiner - Too old to do much with and too unpredictable. Also, probably on drugs

Laserfrog

did you guys know that AKI was developing WCW Mayhem 2 for EA for the PS2 before Vince bought the WCW and shut it down? We could have had at least one more, closer to modern gen, AKI wrestling game. Fuck you mcMahon!

I've read a few things in the past about how crazy WCW Mayhem 2 was going to be, wonder how much of it was developed. Suppose some of it went into the defjam stuff? maybe

Some images for good measure

tm24

So i finally got to watch Boiling Point (Im that behind on ROH) and i got to the Ciampa/Lethal match. I took 3 things away from it

1. Tommaso is an incredible first name
2. Ciampi is a fucking animal
3. The Lethal Injection is a worse finisher than the fucking overdrive.

EDIT: So WCW 2k was Def Jam 2: Fight for NY?

B-Dex

So I was playing an online match in WWE 13 and the guy picked a custom guy he made.. fine. All the reversal timings were fucked up. Like a headlock grapple I had to sit and wait almost 20seconds for the reversal prompt to appear and a bulk of his other moves had instant reversals or you're screwed. It was really really weird. All he did was running attacks and reversals too.

15 minutes to go until New Japan!

iiERsqtVzcSYf.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 - $25, VOD until 11/15 17:00 JST

New Japan Pro-Wrestling, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2012.11.11
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM (Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)

17:00 JST | 09:00 CET | 08:00 GMT | 03:00 EST | 00:00 PST

• 1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)
  • 2. Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Negro Casas & Captain New Japan vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado)
  • 3. Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)
  • 4. IWGP Tag Team Title: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
  • 5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) vs. Prince Devitt
  • 6. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
  • 7. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
  • 8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Karl Anderson
  • 9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Yujiro Takahashi

Preview;

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (c) vs Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

The Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match kicks off the iPPV and is sure to be a fast paced, action packed match, as the Forever Hooligans set out to defend their belts against Time Splitters. At the last iPPV Koslov & Romero scored the victory over Shelley & KUSHIDA, but the Time Splitters earned the right to challenge for the belts one more time after defeating Apollo 55 in the finals of the Super Jr. Tag League earlier this month.

. 5 vs 5 Tag: Manabu Nakanishi, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Negro Casas & Captain New Japan vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado)

Second match in (and easily the most throwaway match on the card) we have a classic face vs heel multi-man tag, featuring veteran favourites such as Liger, Casas & Nakanishi taking on a CHAOS team consisting of tough and unpredictable heels like Yano, Ishii & Iizuka.

. Yuji Nagata & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)

Veteran Yuji Nagata teams with 2012 Best of the Super Juniors winner Ryusuke Taguchi to take on Suzuki-gun leader Minoru Suzuki and the flamboyant Taichi. Fresh off a failed attempt at Hiroshi Tanahashi's IWGP Heavyweight Title, Suzuki will be out to reassert his dominance here, but Taichi may continue to be a weak link against a tough pairing of Nagata & Taguchi.

. IWGP Tag Team Title: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)

At the last iPPV the Killer Elite Squad of Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. defeated TenKoji to win the IWGP Tag Team Titles, and now in the rematch Tenzan & Kojima seek to reclaim their belts. However, there is some dissension between the veteran pair, as Kojima has signed to face Takeshi Morishima for the GHC Heavyweight Title at Pro-Wrestling NOAH's December 9th Sumo Hall show. Tenzan feels that Kojima needs to be fully focussed on the IWGP Tag Titles, as if they fail in their bid to reclaim the gold the only route to another title shot would be through winning the upcoming Global Tag League. Also, if Kojima wins the GHC Heavyweight Title, then he will defend it against a NOAH representative on New Japan's huge January 4th Tokyo Dome show, meaning Tenzan may be left without a spot on New Japan's biggest show of the year.

. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Low Ki (c) vs Prince Devitt

After largely dominating the Jr. Heavyweight division for much of 2010 and 2011, Prince Devitt's second title reign was ended by Low Ki and Devitt was injured in the process. Now fully healed, Devitt again faces Low Ki, the new Jr. Heavyweight champion who defeated Kota Ibushi at the last iPPV to win the title. There is little love lost between Devitt and Ki, and Devitt will be keen to regain the title he held for so long in recent years, but he knows better than most just how dangerous a competitor Low Ki is.

. Special Tag Match: Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)

Katsuyori Shibata was one of the most promising young wrestlers in Japan when he quit New Japan and turned to MMA. Now, he has returned with MMA legend and UWFi veteran Kazushi Sakuraba, and the two (collectively known as Laughter7) have found the state of competition to be wanting. After defeating Makabe & Inoue on two seperate occasions, the shoot-style duo have expressed their dissatisfaction at being made to wrestle them again, and will be looking to earn victory in even more decisive fashion.

. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hirooki Goto

Kazuchika Okada has made an impact like no other in 2012, and he will seek to cap off a spectacular year by defeating Tanahashi at the Tokyo Dome and reclaiming the IWGP Heavyweight Title. However, standing in his way is a man who Okada suffered defeat to during this year's G1 Climax Tournament; Hirooki Goto. While Okada was the champion, Goto put up an excellent fight, but ultimately fell short, now, with a G1 victory over Okada under his belt, Goto aims to ruin Okada's quest to reclaim the IWGP Heavyweight Title.

. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Karl Anderson

Shinsuke Nakamura, the leader of the CHAOS faction, defeated Hirooki Goto on two occasions to win and retain the IWGP Intercontinental Title, but faces a tough challenge here against 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson, who has beaten Nakamura on multiple occasions in the past. However, there is added pressure on Nakamura as the meteoric rise of Kazuchika Okada has cast doubts over Nakamura's leadership of CHAOS. Nakamura defeated his stable mate Okada in the G1 tournament, but while he is the Intercontinental champion, Okada is set to challenge for the Heavyweight championship on the biggest show of the year. Nakamura needs to retain his title to ensure further doubt is not cast upon his leadership.

. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Yujiro Takahashi

Tanahashi, arguably the MVP of 2012, comes into this match off the back of an impressive victory against Minoru Suzuki in a match of the year classic at the last iPPV, and while many will not see Yujiro Takahashi as a legitimate threat to Tanahashi's title, he does hold a victory over Tanahashi in the G1 tournament and will be looking to not only win the gold, but to prove that he can more than hold his own in a main event calibre match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't sleep. Noisy neighbors. So maybe I'll watch New Japan. Maybe...

As much as I love Okada, Goto doesn't do much for me so that's not a selling point, but I am quite interested in Laughter7 vs Makabe/Inoue.

8am here, strange time for wrestling, perfect time for a bacon sandwich.

Can't sleep. Noisy neighbors. So maybe I'll watch New Japan. Maybe...

As much as I love Okada, Goto doesn't do much for me so that's not a selling point, but I am quite interested in Laughter7 vs Makabe/Inoue.

Yeah, the Laughter7 stuff is pretty interesting, but I'm not a big fan of Makabe or Inoue. I think Low Ki vs Devitt, or Nakamura vs Anderson will prove to be the match of the night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody can sleep

It's a horrible night! And it is NOT forbidden, just one of those nights...for you, one of those almost mornings.

8am here, strange time for wrestling, perfect time for a bacon sandwich.

Yeah, the Laughter7 stuff is pretty interesting, but I'm not a big fan of Makabe or Inoue. I think Low Ki vs Devitt, or Nakamura vs Anderson will prove to be the match of the night.

I gotta admit, I'm kind of inclined to never like any of Low Ki's work based on principle, but I know that's unfair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I gotta admit, I'm kind of inclined to never like any of Low Ki's work based on principle, but I know that's unfair.
Low Ki sucks balls, and he still does in New Japan. Taguchi's the only reason his Super JR match was any good. Match of the night will either be Anderson/Nakamura or Suzuki-gun/Taguchi&Nagata. I mean. That tag match has all the makings to be awesome. TenKoji vs FOREIGNERS might be okay too, but I bet it's mostly a squash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't sleep either stuff on my mind like...looking for jobs etc

Look on the bright side. You're up around 8am. Go hit the pavement.

Or work on videos forever because you have a gift.

Laserfrog

Look on the bright side. You're up around 8am. Go hit the pavement.

Or work on videos forever because you have a gift.
I'd love to make videos forever and ever, looking into a video production job near by so hopefully that might go somewhere. We shall see.

Also this picture is pretty good

roleplaystartkh8.png

Not a bad opening match, although the pacing was a little off.

Time Splitters defeat Forever Hooligans to become the new IWGP Jr, Heavyweight Tag Champions

BlazinAm

Owen Hart: Wonders if he was quietly burned becuase of his brother leaving.
Mr. Perfect: One of the guys that was released over the "Plane Ride from Hell". I wonder if the wwe knew about his drug issues and looked the other way.
Tyson Kidd: Yes, what is crazy to me is that he has all the leverage in the world and they still won't push him.
Low Ki: Again yes. I think he would have had a CM Punk route, maybe not becoming champion but they brought him in because he had buzz.
Vader: Yes very much.
Monty Brown: Family issues.... I think he asked for his release.
Tajiri: He had a lot of tv time, but as a joking character.
William Regal: He did get a push, drugs messed him up.
Ultimo Dragon: Yes underused, didn't know abut the WrestleMania bucket list thing.
DDP: Older but yeah there could have been room for him.
Scott Steiner: Refused to take a drug test, had issues with Triple H.

That was a fun match. Suzuki & Nagata beating the crap out of each other was awesome.

MiSu picks up the win after hitting a Gotch-style piledriver on Nagata

loved that match #SLAPS

nice finish to boot

love how heels dont give a fuck about anything, nice change of pace

also some needs to gif nagata during that armbar

Top Bottom