• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Dickinson vs Page started out slow and boring, but actually picked up well towards the end. Gulak vs Sabre was freaking amazing if you like a more mat-based style, now it's Hero vs Riddle III!

*edit, surprise, Hero vs Riddle was awesome. Hero's wrestler of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

63BW5ef.gif

Dickinson vs Page started out slow and boring, but actually picked up well towards the end. Gulak vs Sabre was freaking amazing if you like a more mat-based style, now it's Hero vs Riddle III!

*edit, surprise, Hero vs Riddle was awesome. Hero's wrestler of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

Since WWNLive made Hero vs. Riddle I and Hero vs. Riddle II available for free on their YouTube page (whoa, WWNLive actually using its back catalog and its YouTube page to promote an upcoming event and not putting some arbitrary deadline on when the match will not be available for viewing), I watched, gifed, and wrote a bunch about both matches. Here's my review of Hero vs. Riddle I and Hero vs. Riddle II.

I love writing about Chris Hero and not just because his matches are always great. There's a depth to his character built from his long tenure on the independent circuit and his failed WWE run. He has the best character in the independent circuit; no one comes close.

His feud against Zack Sabre Jr. this year has been incredible, and I like that it's getting a breather until the stakes can be higher. I can see Sabre taking the title from Thatcher, which will set up the next match between Hero and Sabre as they fight for the championship.

Unfortunately, it feels like the Sunday Evolve show is now what the Saturday Evolve show used to be, which devalues its New York shows a lot and makes me less likely to go.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Friends, I feel lied to. I started watching Alf and there was a guy in a silly furry costume in the first 2 episodes.

And that's been it! It's been all puppet bullshit since then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Goldberg is awful in Revenge by the way.

Very limited move pool not balanced out in any way.

Stan Hansen is way better in the final AKI japanese N64 game. Small movepool but absolutely cleans house.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I almost always forget that Ric Flair was Big Show'd out of WCW Revenge. Also Wrath is complete in the game but unused.

Recall

So randomly pulled a title from the PWG box and this will be tonight's viewing

It only has the greatest main event in PWG history on it. Not watched the undercard in eons, totally forgot that Chris Kanyon appeared in PWG.

Pikma

Banned
So Blue, what do I expect from you tomorrow night at Raw?
"On behalf of my tag team partner Bluekaveli I inform you that we have nothing to announce regarding Blue's involvement in this week's Monday Night Raw. Please stay tuned to our social media for future announcements, which usually happen couple of hours before, during and immediately after Monday Night Raw."

klonere

Banned
Was the EVOLVE show good? Had to head to bed for work instead up staying up and watching. Fat lot of good it did me as I might have gotten an hours sleep.

klonere

Banned
So DDT are running a tag tourny soon and here is the lineup (I think its DDT, its some sort of huge crossover tag league anyway)

CxNrUtzWQAAM4-p.jpg:large

That's a fucking lineup there

I think that's for the New Year's show, which is usually DDT, BJW and a bunch of other indies.

EVOLVE was real good, Hero/Riddle ruled and Gulak/ZSJ was one of the best technical wrestling matches of the year.

i say this as someone who loves hero, and has posted the phrase "fat hero is best hero" multiple times on gaf

sometimes his leg slapping gets really distracting, he's like not subtle about it at all

klonere

Banned
i say this as someone who loves hero, and has posted the phrase "fat hero is best hero" multiple times on gaf

sometimes his leg slapping gets really distracting, he's like not subtle about it at all

This is the era of leg slapping and by god if Hero isn't the best at it

klonere

Banned
nah, tommy's better for instance. best leg slappers are the ones where you can ignore it, i've seen hero live a few times and always ended up noticing

Yeah that's fair enough, I've now witnessed it in person as well. And Tommy's stuff is better, his roundhouse kick on Smile from OTT a few months ago was the sickest strike I've ever seen.

But Hero is still the best in the world this year. He does need like a month off after the last week of matches though he has to be hurting somewhat.

Especially after Brian Kendrick called Cedric Alexander on the leg slapping during that ten man tag on night 3 of this year's BOLA.

Top Bottom