• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

SHIMMER recorded new shows this weekend, but they're still stuck on SHIMMER 73, which was taped in April. They're 7 months behind their tapings. JEEZUS.

they're actually over a year behind, 73 was April 2015

Man, every once in a while I remember how fucked SHIMMER's schedule is. I found an old post from last October where we were marking over Lacey returning, and I made this joke:

Well here we are in November 2016, and the DVD still isn't even up for preorder. Even if it's in the next preorder batch, they don't ship for months afterwards. It's insane.

They are a year and a half, and almost 20 shows behind after their November tapings.

they're actually over a year behind, 73 was April 2015

OH SHIT that's true. What the fuck is Dave Prazak doing? Does he need to jerk off twice to each match before he can authorize it to be printed to DVD?

How do you run shows without selling the footage you're capturing from those shows?

OH SHIT that's true. What the fuck is Dave Prazak doing? Does he need to jerk off twice to each match before he can authorize it to be printed to DVD?

How do you run shows without selling the footage you're capturing from those shows?

Literally no idea. I mean fuck, how do you not capitalize on a) women's wrestling being as hot as ever and b) your alumni main eventing WWE shows

Just had a look...still really expensive, buy it now and auctions. Will keep an eye out though, thanks!

Due to a mix up I've got an unopened blue ray of night one you can have.

I originally pre ordered night one on its own, then mistakenly ordered all 3 nights when I only wanted 2 and 3. Don't want anything from you, just hopefully you enjoy as much as I did. If you give us a pm we can sort out the details tomorrow.

Literally no idea. I mean fuck, how do you not capitalize on a) women's wrestling being as hot as ever and b) your alumni main eventing WWE shows

Even if they're not printing to disc because they don't have the cash and even if they have to keep running these venues to keep the slot going forward, you'd think that they would at least get the MP4s out?

I know Chikara went its own way to keep more of the revenue, but this makes Highspots look terrible alongside how much of a running joke Shimmer's release schedule had become.

Even if they're not printing to disc because they don't have the cash and even if they have to keep running these venues to keep the slot going forward, you'd think that they would at least get the MP4s out?

I know Chikara went its own way to keep more of the revenue, but this makes Highspots look terrible alongside how much of a running joke Shimmer's release schedule had become.

You'd think. But they've been as stubborn on digital as PWG have, though that may be more through incompetence. They had some limited digital downloads, but only for slightly older shows and you had to buy per match

Touchdown

Banned
I've always been of the opinion that PG WWE can be great and blaming it for wrasslin' being shite is a weak excuse...

giphy.gif

now that's a bulge :eek:

Due to a mix up I've got an unopened blue ray of night one you can have.

I originally pre ordered night one on its own, then mistakenly ordered all 3 nights when I only wanted 2 and 3. Don't want anything from you, just hopefully you enjoy as much as I did. If you give us a pm we can sort out the details tomorrow.

PM'd. Not all heroes wear capes...unless you do.

SHIMMER is a very small operation, even compared to other indies. They take a lot of time to get their shows out mostly out of necessity.

They also take great care with editing, so their product is a bit more polished than, say, ones that just plop it out in a week or two

shaowebb

More random giffies since folks are enjoying it.

The crowd shots that should've clued WWE in on how they were backing the wrong dudes.

Usos
tfRmwc8.gif

Damien Sandow getting all the pops over Miz.
Q5IzlDs.gif

Reigns trying to crowd entrance only to have fans demonstrate how bad they think he sucks.
myHDWdN.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More random giffies since folks are enjoying it.

The crowd shots that should've clued WWE in on how they were backing the wrong dudes.

Usos
tfRmwc8.gif

Damien Sandow getting all the pops over Miz.
Q5IzlDs.gif

Sandow and Miz seem like the ultimate proof that the WWE should ignore the fans

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Been fun Wrasslegaf. Lots of good memories and lolz in these threads but I won't be supporting or watching WWE anymore. Wish you guys the best!

shaowebb

Sandow and Miz seem like the ultimate proof that the WWE should ignore the fans

Sandow was over as fuck. He could have been built into something easily considering how well he managed to put over even that gimmick. He was wasted as a prop. Miz can work well and work the mic well mind you, but Sandow was never even used after this. Complete waste.

EDIT: Hmm...honestly I'd like to see him paired in a tag team with Bobby Roode. The gimmick history works well together.

Tagyhag

Sandow was over as fuck. He could have been built into something easily considering how well he managed to put over even that gimmick. He was wasted as a prop. Miz can work well and work the mic well mind you, but Sandow was never even used after this. Complete waste.

As a former Sandow apologist, Aron Rex is all I needed to know just how short that dude's ceiling is.

Top Bottom