• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

it honestly doesnt even matter how charismatic you are, you are weighed down by the overwhelming awfulness of WWE creative once you arrive

but the way hardcore fans hype these guys that they are so great, i ask what great thing have guys like cesaro, zayn etc done besides a 5 star matches in previous promotions? WWE is not the only one at fault its mainly the talent. Because the guys working in the indys etc they only care about having a great match which is great for the hardcore fans but non hardcore's could care about how good a fake match is technically is.

Theres a reason why vince tends to push guys like Brock, its because they are easier to market towards the mass market compared to guys who look like average joes or homeless.

Zach

Final cagematch.net ratings:

pZcORu2.png

Wrestling is below-average entertainment.

klonere

Banned
but the way hardcore fans hype these guys that they are so great, i ask what great thing have guys like cesaro, zayn etc done besides a 5 star matches in previous promotions? WWE is not the only one at fault its mainly the talent. Because the guys working in the indys etc they only care about having a great match which is great for the hardcore fans but non hardcore's could care about how good a fake match is technically is.

no, the casual crowd but they do care about storytelling and characters which is where WWE fails the most right now. it's not and either or - you can absolutely have both fantastic matches and great stories/creative. WWE occasionally delivers one due to sheer force of in ring talent but rarely delivers the other due to the nature of how they write their shows and develop characters.

Heroman

Banned

Theres a reason why vince tends to push guys like Brock, its because they are easier to market towards the mass market compared to guys who look like average joes or homeless.
What mass market, the only people who watch the wwe is the hard core.

klonere

Banned
Really bummed that a great Evolve show was completely overshadowed by an incompetent hack.

Hopefully he isn't spoken of tonight and we can move on with the best solo commentator in the biz.

I wonder if Steiner is secretly feeding Connor lines. Not lines if coke, not the steinerline but lines to say at wwe. He's basically bpp

no, the casual crowd but they do care about storytelling and characters which is where WWE fails the most right now. it's not and either or - you can absolutely have both fantastic matches and great stories/creative. WWE occasionally delivers one due to sheer force of in ring talent but rarely delivers the other due to the nature of how they write their shows and develop characters.

That's what I'm saying casuals care about characters and story that's why i mentioned guys like the rock who is not known for being a good in ring worker. Mcgregor is a complete character that's why people want to see him fight not his fighting skill. But what I'm saying everyone blames the creative but i see the talent to be of blame as well, most of them just care about having great matches which non hardcore fans care. For some reason Vince has just given up at this point and now wwe is just a glorified ROH or w/e its all about geeks putting great matches.

When wrestling was at its peak there was less focus on the matches, the matches also rarely went past commercial breaks now we have 20 minute long matches.

Striker

When wrestling was at its peak there was less focus on the matches, the matches also rarely went past commercial breaks now we have 20 minute long matches.
When Anderson and Gallows had their debut match, it was a 15+ min back and forth contest with the Uso's. No sense. It should have been a 3-4 min match with those two dominating. It legitimizes them way more they than the WWE did.

But what I'm saying everyone blames the creative but i see the talent to be of blame as well, most of them just care about having great matches which non hardcore fans care. For some reason Vince has just given up at this point and now wwe is just a glorified ROH or w/e its all about geeks putting great matches.

How do you know the talent only cares about putting on great matches? They can only work with the material given them, can only perform the characters that creative approve - look at The New Day, three guys floundering without direction until they were allowed to go out there and run with an idea they pushed for.

That ROH comment is so off base, WWE's obsession with having lengthy matches on TV has nothing to do with pleasing the hardcore fans, but rather with their need to fill so many hours of programming. And a lot of those matches don't appeal to the hardcore fans, either because they're rehashes of PPV bouts we've already seen, or because they're wrestled in the usual formulaic WWE-style that doesn't allow half the in-ring freedom of other promotions.

klonere

Banned
That's what I'm saying casuals care about characters and story that's why i mentioned guys like the rock who is not known for being a good in ring worker. Mcgregor is a complete character that's why people want to see him fight not his fighting skill. But what I'm saying everyone blames the creative but i see the talent to be of blame as well, most of them just care about having great matches which non hardcore fans care. For some reason Vince has just given up at this point and now wwe is just a glorified ROH or w/e its all about geeks putting great matches.

Vince is the be all and end all of the creative side of the product so turning around and blaming the talent for putting on good matches while being saddled with poor creative seems pretty stupid.

Now that I've watched BOLA 2016, it's time to clear off some matches from the backlog.

On the pile of matches to watch, gif, and write about:

Yuji Okabayashi vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani (BJW 7/24)
Twin Towers vs. SMOP (BJW 7/24)
Kento Miyahara vs. Ryouji Sai (AJPW 8/27)
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Hero (Evolve 3/20)
Matt Riddle vs. Chris Hero (Evolve 10/16)
Meiko Satomura vs. Chihiro Hashimoto (Sendai Girls 10/16)
Strong BJ vs. SMOP (BJW 10/14)
Strong BJ vs. Twin Towers (BJW 10/31)
Strong BJ vs. Yankee Two Kenju (BJW 10/31)

And I need to have this done before the insane AJPW show on 11/27:
AJPW NEW EXPLOSION in Ryogouku Kokugikan in Tokyo

• Naoya Nomura vs. Takuya Nomura
  • Jake Lee, Yuma Aoyagi & Koji Iwamoto vs. Ryoji Sai, Kengo Mashimo & Konosuke Takeshita (DDT)
  • Super Tiger, Ryuji Hijikata, Rey Paloma & Diablo vs. “DARK NIGHTMARE” Mitsuya Nagai, Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Takeshi Minamino & Black Tiger VII
  • Jun Akiyama & Kendo Kashin vs. Takao Omori & Manabu Soya
  • SUSHI, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Masao Inoue vs. Kaji Tomato, Kazuhiro Tamura & Naoshi Sano (Sano-Damashii)
  • Dory Funk Jr., Chavo Guerrero Sr., Ultimo Dragon & TAJIRI vs. The Great Kabuki, Osamu Nishimura, Yutaka Yoshie & Isami Kodaka
  • GAORA TV Championship Match: Yohei Nakajima (c) vs. Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio
  • World Junior Heavyweight Championship Match: Soma Takao (c) vs. Keisuke Ishii
  • Asia Tag Championship Match: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs. Masanobu Fuchi & Atsushi Onita (c)
  • World Tag Championship Match: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Zeus & The Bodyguard
  • Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Suwama

What a fucking card. Nomura vs. Nomura has a ton of hype, and that six man tag with Kaji Tomato should be really entertaining. The eight man tag with Dory Funk Jr. and The Great Kabuki in 2016 should be something, all right. Strong BJ vs. The Big Guns should be great, even if the match-up is a bit tired, and I want to see if Miyahara can carry Suwama. And Dragon Soldier B himself, Kendo Kashin, comes out of the ether to team with Akiyama.

NBC News correspondent

@HallieJackson
Two sources familiar with the discussions tell us @Linda_McMahon is under consideration for Cabinet position, maybe Commerce. (w/ @ajjaffe)

WWE embracing the hate

Syder

I've always been of the opinion that PG WWE can be great and blaming it for wrasslin' being shite is a weak excuse...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

...but UFC last night went someway to shattering that reality.

imBask

Banned
it's because our vision of non-PG WWE is fucked, it's dirty chairshots to the head and half naked ladies

Swearing would add so, so, so much to WWE

Skatterd

NBC News correspondent

@HallieJackson
Two sources familiar with the discussions tell us @Linda_McMahon is under consideration for Cabinet position, maybe Commerce. (w/ @ajjaffe)

WWE embracing the hate

And that would be the day I say enough is enough and stop watching WWE.

Tagyhag

it's because our vision of non-PG WWE is fucked, it's dirty chairshots to the head and half naked ladies

Swearing would add so, so, so much to WWE

So true, take away all the sexist, racist, and generally stupid shit of the PG-13 rating, but keep swearing and blood capsules and I'll be much happier.

SHIMMER recorded new shows this weekend, but they're still stuck on SHIMMER 73, which was taped in April. They're 7 months behind their tapings. JEEZUS.

Top Bottom