• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Fox318

Find me somebody who looks better in a suit than Okada:

hIYjZXn.jpg

pSxAoSa.png

He didn't need to lose his gig with Evolve over that. It sounded like no one was upset over the joke and he came out in front of it and apologized to everyone for his mistake.

No one was upset, except for numerous fans watching worldwide - the WWN & FloSlam twitters and Gabe's twitter account were all inundated with messages from people who felt like Styles had majorly crossed the line at the time. I've seen all sorts of dismissive crap since about "keyboard warriors pretending to be offended" and "over-sensitive fans pussifying wrestling", but it's worth remembering that when you sell your product internationally you're going to encounter different sensibilities and, while there may have been lots of debate in America over what the original Trump comment actually constituted, elsewhere it was perceived as much more cut and dry.

Perhaps the comment was exacerbated by the general perception of the job Joey was doing beforehand (a terrible one), but regardless it was an incredibly stupid comment to make. I'm glad Joanna wasn't offended, but to many it came across as Joey singling out the one female presence on the show and making a crass, off-colour joke that went over like a fart in church with those in attendance, let alone the fans watching at home.

Anywho, I'm pretty certain that even without his ill-judged remark, Joey wouldn't have commentated on another EVOLVE event - there was such a large volume of complaints about how badly he was detracting from the product, it definitely wasn't what EVOLVE wanted social media to be talking about on their big FloSlam debut.

Kaladin

No one was upset, except for numerous fans watching worldwide - the WWN & FloSlam twitters and Gabe's twitter account were all inundated with messages from people who felt like Styles had majorly crossed the line at the time. I've seen all sorts of dismissive crap since about "keyboard warriors pretending to be offended" and "over-sensitive fans pussifying wrestling", but it's worth remembering that when you sell your product internationally you're going to encounter different sensibilities and, while there may have been lots of debate in America over what the original Trump comment actually constituted, elsewhere it was perceived as much more cut and dry.

Perhaps the comment was exacerbated by the general perception of the job Joey was doing beforehand (a terrible one), but regardless it was an incredibly stupid comment to make. I'm glad Joanna wasn't offended, but to many it came across as Joey singling out the one female presence on the show and making a crass, off-colour joke that went over like a fart in church with those in attendance, let alone the fans watching at home.

Anywho, I'm pretty certain that even without his ill-judged remark, Joey wouldn't have commentated on another EVOLVE event - there was such a large volume of complaints about how badly he was detracting from the product, it definitely wasn't what EVOLVE wanted social media to be talking about on their big FloSlam debut.

Ouch, that bad huh? At least he was stand up about his mistake though.

Sephzilla

McGregor isn't coming to WWE. He wouldn't be able to put up with Vince's shit.

Vince: "And at the end of the match, Steph is going to interfere and HHH will pin you"

Conor: "Fook dat shit"

Caderfix

McGregor isn't coming to WWE. He wouldn't be able to put up with Vince's shit.

Vince: "And at the end of the match, Steph is going to interfere and HHH will pin you"

Conor: "Fook dat shit"

Vince's biggest weakness are stars with enough balls to stand up for themselves and demand what's due to them. Vince would have trouble with Conor, not the other way around lol

Ouch, that bad huh? At least he was stand up about his mistake though.

Yeah, glad he apologised, I can maybe buy him being panicked, but to me it came across more like he was getting carried away - all night he'd tried to be edgy, like swearing then saying "hope I don't get in trouble with management!", then when he got into the segment with Stokely and specifically said how he was told not to get political before doing exactly just that, it seemed like an extension of his previous edginess. It came across like he was trying to be all "you won't see this on Monday Nights!", without realising that he was detracting from the action.

McGregor if brought in would definitely be used to whoop HHH's ass. Had Rousey never got beaten and lost some star power (or hell, maybe WWE still want her), she most definitely would have been brought in again properly to give Steph her comeuppance instead of just giving it to a female member of the roster who could use the momentum of it.

imBask

Banned
MY NAME IS CONNOR "THE IRISH LEPRECHAUN" GREG (mcgreggor was too complicated) AND I LOVE TO FIGHT MATE

I'M GOING TO BEAT THE EVER LIVING S...CRAP OUT OF YOU, YOU POOPY DUMMY

Top Bottom