• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Menome

Shit, I was about to be swayed to bet on Brock, but then people reminded me of a fuck-finish. It's Survivor Series in Canada. Shane's going to come in and fuck up the match, making it a disqualification-draw and setting up the trail to Wrestlemania.

Then, Brock and Goldberg go: "That wasn't a proper finish", arrange for a final-final match at the Royal Rumble. Brock wins, ensuring 50/50 booking from their three bouts.

In other words, I'm betting on Sami Zayn.

Sephzilla

Gimme a fucking mic!

YOU SEE THEY SAY ALL STATES ARE CREATED EQUAL BUT YOU LOOK AT FLORIDA AND YOU LOOK AT MAINE AND YOU SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER CANDIDATE YOU HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT WINNING IN FLORIDA AND WINNING IN OHIO MAKES YOU ALMOST AS STRONG AS THE GENETIC FREAK BIG POPPA PUMP! SO HILLARY, WITHOUT FLORIDA, YOU HAVE A 25% CHANCE OF WINNING. AND THEN YOU ADD OHIO TO THE MIX AND YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE AT ELECTION DAY, HILLARY HAS A 33 1/3% CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT DONALD TRUMP HAS A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING, BECAUSE GARY JOHNSON KNOWS HE'S NOT GONNA BEAT HIM AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY. BUT THEN YOU TAKE TRUMP'S 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF HE WINS FLORIDA AND OHIO AND THEN ADD 66 AND 2/3% HE GOT 141 AND TWO THIRDS CHANCE OF WINNING AT ELECTION DAY. SENORITA CLINTON...THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT ELECTION DAY!

Please post this in one of the politics threads. This is gold.

Gimme a fucking mic!

YOU SEE THEY SAY ALL STATES ARE CREATED EQUAL BUT YOU LOOK AT FLORIDA AND YOU LOOK AT MAINE AND YOU SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER CANDIDATE YOU HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT WINNING IN FLORIDA AND WINNING IN OHIO MAKES YOU ALMOST AS STRONG AS THE GENETIC FREAK BIG POPPA PUMP! SO HILLARY, WITHOUT FLORIDA, YOU HAVE A 25% CHANCE OF WINNING. AND THEN YOU ADD OHIO TO THE MIX AND YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE AT ELECTION DAY, HILLARY HAS A 33 1/3% CHANCE OF WINNING, BUT DONALD TRUMP HAS A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING, BECAUSE GARY JOHNSON KNOWS HE'S NOT GONNA BEAT HIM AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY. BUT THEN YOU TAKE TRUMP'S 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF HE WINS FLORIDA AND OHIO AND THEN ADD 66 AND 2/3% HE GOT 141 AND TWO THIRDS CHANCE OF WINNING AT ELECTION DAY. SENORITA CLINTON...THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT ELECTION DAY!

BIG POPPA POLLSTER

Zach

Make a thread -- "The Mathematics of the Election" -- and then just post that craziness in the body. See how it goes. Unless you ain't man enough, Bluekaveli.

imBask

Banned
Make a thread -- "The Mathematics of the Election" -- and then just post that craziness in the body. See how it goes. Unless you ain't man enough, Bluekaveli.

YES

do this but remove the caps, just post it as a straight, serious post

Sephzilla

THIS

Lped6Ia.gif

Kaladin

Statement from Chikara on Joey Styles:

The events of the last few days have been just cause to take a look at the state of professional wrestling. The art form that I love, and have dedicated my entire adult life to, is embarrassingly behind the times. It is beholden to outdated tenets that threaten to render it...obsolete at worst, and a punchline at best.

I know there are others, influential and celebrated, that imagine pro-wrestling to be a bubble in which the social norms from a bygone era are still relevant and valid. At CHIKARA, we rail against them, and those ideals, with everything we make. It is one thing to speak, to voice an opinion. It is one thing to call for change, to wish for change, to imagine how that change might come about. It is another thing to make it. At CHIKARA, we make it happen. It doesn’t matter to us in the least how many people show up to see it, or how many people recognize it for what it is. Our mantra is not about critical acclaim or pats on the back: “We believe pro-wrestling should be fun. That’s why we make it for everyone.”

Effective today, we are terminating our relationship with Joey Styles. Effective today, we are instituting a zero tolerance policy for misogynistic, racist, and/or homophobic speech, written or verbal, whether it’s directed toward our cast, our crew, or our patrons. This is the shape of CHIKARA.

To all that craft and shape pro-wrestling, we must fully understand this: the patrons of our art form demand more of us. It is to them - those that empower us to create the larger-than-life spectacle of professional wrestling - that we are beholden. Not to an archaic sub-culture made up of turn-of-the-last-century carny values.

Quack is gaining points with me there. Still doubt I would watch a Chikara show again, but good for them.

Chikara was doing business with Joey Styles? The family friendly lucha company was doing business with the voice of ECW, the guy who would yell, "Catfight?"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We're going into a weird weekend where I'm more interested in the main roster PPV than the NXT one. Almost none of the matches at NXT Toronto are anything I care about much:

Nakamura v. Samoa Joe: I like both of these guys but I don't feel excited to see the match again. I really hate the WWE title change ---> rematch formula, and its even worse in NXT where the PPVs are so spread apart. Not to mention that Nakamura won clean, so what's the point of doing it over again? I certainly don't want to see a THIRD match that would be necessitated by a Joe win.

Asuka v. Mickie James: This match seems practically a throwaway to me. They made a very big mistake in my opinion waiting so long to establish anyone else exciting on the women's roster after it became apparent Bayley's run was ending. I like Ember Moon and the audience will always pop for that finisher and any creative way they arrange it happening, but Ember Moon should have been on the Brooklyn card beating up Peyton Royce and Billie Kay a la Asuka doing the same thing to Dana and Emma at London. See, now Peyton v. EM actually DID happen at Brooklyn, but it was just a random debut match instead of an actual feud preceded by EM being around and doing stuff that would have taken EM's character somewhere and gotten her ready for the title picture.

TM61 v. Tokka and Razar: TM61 have been bungled pretty badly in my opinion and none of their matches have really given me much reason to be excited. They're basically just two guys - the babyface Revival but worse.

Revival v. #DIY: This and the Roode match are the only matches on the card I'm excited about. I think both of these teams are main-roster ready, really.

Roode v. Dillinger: I'm fine with this match, but I also don't feel like Dillinger has been built up to be a very credible challenge for Roode, but I'm happy he's getting his spot on the card.

Granted, traditional Survivor Series matches with basically nothing on the line are pretty meh, but I think they will be good matches.

Tom Nook

Gimme a fucking mic!

Make WWE great again.

Severing multiple working relationships over one stupid joke, was it worth it? Jeeezus

Hot off probably losing his main gig over a dumb Facebook chat video

Oh man, you don't even have to pay lol, just put in your payment details and they charge you in Feburary.

I'll cancel after the rumble. Don't want to set the cancellation now in case they revoke the trial.

We're going into a weird weekend where I'm more interested in the main roster PPV than the NXT one. Almost none of the matches at NXT Toronto are anything I care about much:

Nakamura v. Samoa Joe: I like both of these guys but I don't feel excited to see the match again. I really hate the WWE title change ---> rematch formula, and its even worse in NXT where the PPVs are so spread apart. Not to mention that Nakamura won clean, so what's the point of doing it over again? I certainly don't want to see a THIRD match that would be necessitated by a Joe win.

Asuka v. Mickie James: This match seems practically a throwaway to me. They made a very big mistake in my opinion waiting so long to establish anyone else exciting on the women's roster after it became apparent Bayley's run was ending. I like Ember Moon and the audience will always pop for that finisher and any creative way they arrange it happening, but Ember Moon should have been on the Brooklyn card beating up Peyton Royce and Billie Kay a la Asuka doing the same thing to Dana and Emma at London. See, now Peyton v. EM actually DID happen at Brooklyn, but it was just a random debut match instead of an actual feud preceded by EM being around and doing stuff that would have taken EM's character somewhere and gotten her ready for the title picture.

TM61 v. Tokka and Razar: TM61 have been bungled pretty badly in my opinion and none of their matches have really given me much reason to be excited. They're basically just two guys - the babyface Revival but worse.

Revival v. #DIY: This and the Roode match are the only matches on the card I'm excited about. I think both of these teams are main-roster ready, really.

Roode v. Dillinger: I'm fine with this match, but I also don't feel like Dillinger has been built up to be a very credible challenge for Roode, but I'm happy he's getting his spot on the card.

Granted, traditional Survivor Series matches with basically nothing on the line are pretty meh, but I think they will be good matches.

I thought for sure that Nak vs. Joe would be a gimmick match of some sort. I am excited for Roode vs. Dillinger since I am a Toronto boy and will be there.

I will be attending a lot of wrasslin' this weekend.

Top Bottom