• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Anth0ny

I can't wait for that Shoot emoji in the next iOS update

ed9ca44744c762108774a4f17e4be327.png

pretty sure every time I post in this thread a SHOOOOOT emoji will follow

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one can hold onto a title in LIJ. Gedo's booking is doing his best to ensure that THEY CANT WIN THE BIG ONE MAGGLE THEY CANT HANG WITH OKADA MAGGLE

Mahonay

Banned
Mick can be good, but he's bad by association. When he's in a segment with her, the way she acts is how he acts.
Mick also seems straight up afraid of her when they're doing segments together. It's not a good dynamic. I mean it would be perfect if that was the storyline, but it's not.

Kaladin

It's odd that they dropped the mistrust angle which could have worked, but now she gets looks from people like WTF when she does kinda babyface things.

Mick also seems straight up afraid of her when they're doing segments together. It's not a good dynamic. I mean it would be perfect if that was the storyline, but it's not.
Do you see the way she looks at him like a fucking snake? Just waiting and lurking? It's disgusting, Mick is bad because he has to deal with association of trash. If she wasn't there every fucking week then it would be better, but that's not the case. And sadly I have some feeling they're going to subtract Foley and add the other half of the death of wrestling, Triple shit.

Mahonay

Banned
Do you see the way she looks at him like a fucking snake? Just waiting and lurking? It's disgusting, Mick is bad because he has to deal with association of trash. If she wasn't there every fucking week then it would be better, but that's not the case. And sadly I have some feeling they're going to subtract Foley and add the other half of the death of wrestling, Triple shit.
Let's not pretend he's been great on his own over the past couple of months either. That HIAC Women's Championship build was fucking embarrassing, and most of that was him with out Steph.

Let's not pretend he's been great on his own over the past couple of months either. That HIAC Women's Championship build was fucking embarrassing, and most of that was him with out Steph.
The last promo was fine, the rest was garbagio. Someone like Mick shouldn't need to memorize lines, he should be exempt to that shit. But obviously, Vince wants to micromanage everyone so they can't get over and everyone hates them.

Shane or Roman are going over Br*ck. Not a doubt in my mind the McMahons will either let that rub go to their golden god or one of their own.

Mahonay

Banned
The last promo was fine, the rest was garbagio. Someone like Mick shouldn't need to memorize lines, he should be exempt to that shit. But obviously, Vince wants to micromanage everyone so they can't get over and everyone hates them.
I thought it was awful.

I mean we know why RAW is run the way it is.

Remember that time HHH beat Brock and punk for no particular reason?

Full disclosure the match HHH/Punk itself was not as terrible as the fact that every single thing that resulted in Punk/Cena in Chicago headlining a PPV...would lead to HHH vs Kevin Nash in the 2010s fighting for a sledgehammer hanging on a pole because of a fucking text message. That was one of the most infuriating things in wrestling history, spanning the decades and companies and generations and histories.

Kaladin

Tomorrow is hopefully the day. I'm looking forward to buying my Wrasslemania tickets!

Hope what I want is up in the pre-sale.

Nekofrog

Banned
Daily reminder that the mcmahons literally threw away the wcw fanbase that even in its death throes was still capable of pulling in any where from 3.5s to 5 ratings when it was clear they weren't going to win the war

Then threw away more than half of their own audience on top of that

But vince knows what we want dammit,and we want steph all over our tv

Mahonay

Banned
Daily reminder that the mcmahons literally threw away the wcw fanbase that even in its death throes was still capable of pulling in any where from 3.5s to 5 ratings when it was clear they weren't going to win the war

Boys in the back hated the WCW talent too. It was a culture clash.

In WCW, your were taught to just look after your self, and go home when your match is done. The feeling of "I am blessing you with my presence by even being here" was engrained in a lot of them. The WWF talent took this as a massive sign of disrespect.

There was a mountain of different variables working against the WCW talent coming in. And the fact they didn't pick up the contracts of some of the bigger WCW names didn't help matters either.

LOL and stories like how Vince wanted DDP to stop using his tag lines and completely change his gear from WCW is always an excellent way to ensure no one gets over.

Boys in the back hated the WCW talent too. It was a culture clash.

In WCW, your were taught to just look after your self, and go home when your match is done. The feeling of "I am blessing you with my presence by even being here" was engrained in a lot of them. The WWF talent took this as a massive sign of disrespect.

There was a mountain of different variables working against the WCW talent coming in. And the fact they didn't pick up the contracts of some of the bigger WCW names didn't help matters either.

LOL and stories like how Vince wanted DDP to stop using his tag lines and completely change his gear from WCW is always an excellent way to ensure no one gets over.
Wait brother, I was just listening to this verbatimly on the KoTR 2001 lf. Woah.

I mean, y'all are still watching every week, so they're clearly doing something right.

Who is the best indie commentator in wrestling today?

There really isn't that much to write home about. Striker's a m*rk, Joey's an idiot, Borash is a shill, ROH's get in feuds, the Pope sucks but I still miss Elijah Burke and the rest of WWECW, and PWG's crew is alright but nothing special.

There really isn't that much to write home about. Striker's a m*rk, Joey's an idiot, Borash is a shill, ROH's get in feuds, the Pope sucks but I still miss Elijah Burke and the rest of WWECW, and PWG's crew is alright but nothing special.

I dunno. I always thought the guys from XPW were good.

Nekofrog

Banned
I mean, y'all are still watching every week, so they're clearly doing something right.

Those of us still watching are the few that remained of an audience that when combined could average over 10 points in ratings. And even I'm only watching again after 10 plus years of absenteeism. Also, my watching consists of my wife and I waiting for the broadcast to end and then fast forwarding through a good 80%of their shows on our psvue dvr.

Tel me what they're doing right again?

Lenny Leonard at Evolve by a country fucking mile.

Yeah, this. Lenny's great, I also like Naylor as well. And Excalibur.

Kevin Kelly & Steve Corino aren't half as bad as some people make out. Thought they've been doing a good job on the past few NJPW PPVs they've commentated on.

Top Bottom