• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Anth0ny

He's also the perfect proxy for D Bry to feud with Miz since he basically is Daniel Bryan. Similar wrestling style, similar look, similar underdog appeal. He fits in the story much better than Ziggler does or someone like Samoa Joe would.

Speaking of Ziggler, what do they do with him now? He barely got to enjoy his IC reign before dropping the belt to Miz again, and if Sami is getting involved, there's not much left for him.

considering how shallow the main event picture is right now on smackdown, there may be no other choice than to move him up there.

or he'll have random nothing matches in the mid card with baron corbin and apollo crews

So uh I think I actually believe that Smackdown's womens division is deeper than Raw.

That Nikki vs Carmella match was fucking excellent in it's viciousness, and Alexa Bliss is the fucking best.

Man, I rewatched Finn's match with Roman a bit ago. It was damn good. Can't wait for him to come back. Hopefully that Roadblock advertising is legit.

It says everything that apparently Braun fucking Stroman makes triple that of Sasha Banks and almost double of Charlotte.

I wonder what their sources are on those salaries. I feel like Meltzer has said in the past that it's hard to get any real info on what guys make. That's why Orton's income coming out through his divorce hearings was such a big deal.

Man, I rewatched Finn's match with Roman a bit ago. It was damn good. Can't wait for him to come back. Hopefully that Roadblock advertising is legit.

I wonder what their sources are on those salaries. I feel like Meltzer has said in the past that it's hard to get any real info on what guys make. That's why Orton's income coming out through his divorce hearings was such a big deal.

Forbes and Celebrity Networth so 1 probably respectable source and one probably bullshit... dunno

It wouldn't surprise me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Evolve need a new commentator?
don-west.jpg

Cause I know a guy

ReiGun

So uh I think I actually believe that Smackdown's womens division is deeper than Raw.

That Nikki vs Carmella match was fucking excellent in it's viciousness, and Alexa Bliss is the fucking best.

Most people give it to Raw because it has three of the horse women, who besides Asuka are the only women people give any credit to. But lately, I'm starting to feel that's unfair given how much more work SD has put into all of its women. On Raw, once you get past Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley, what else is there?

Nia is alright, but she's still green and not comfortable in her role. Dana Brooke is only marginally better than Eva Marie, and doesn't even have a fun gimmick to compensate like she does. They've been dragging out Emma's return for no reason. Alicia Fox has all the talent to get over at least as a midcarder and they do nothing with her most of the time. And where the hell is Summer Rae?

Nevermind that Sasha and Charlotte is beyond stale and they got nothing for Bayley to do. I think both shows's rosters are too small at present - they each need about 3 more people - but Smackdown has done a much better job at covering that up with their pacing and booking.

Most people give it to Raw because it has three of the horse women, who besides Asuka are the only women people give any credit to. But lately, I'm starting to feel that's unfair given how much more work SD has put into all of its women. On Raw, once you get past Sasha, Charlotte, and Bayley, what else is there?

Nia is alright, but she's still green and not comfortable in her role. Dana Brooke is only marginally better than Eva Marie, and doesn't even have a fun gimmick to compensate like she does. They've been dragging out Emma's return for no reason. Alicia Fox has all the talent to get over at least as a midcarder and they do nothing with her most of the time. And where the hell is Summer Rae?

Nevermind that Sasha and Charlotte is beyond stale and they got nothing for Bayley to do. I think both shows's rosters are too small at present - they each need about 3 more people - but Smackdown has done a much better job at covering that up with their pacing and booking.

Agreed.

I'm actually glad the Four Horsewomen are mostly on Raw though, love them but if they were evenly split Alexa Bliss would get fucked over and Bliss is the fucking best, easily the woman wrestler with the most raw character, she's a fucking joy to watch, she's 100% on from backstage to entrance to during the match.

She's my fav of the division on either show.

People are talking about how cool the "Taking souls and digging holes" line was, but man when I heard it I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Like I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a WWE show.

And where the hell is Summer Rae?

She has an undisclosed injury that will keep her out for quite a while per her Instagram post last week.

People are talking about how cool the "Taking souls and digging holes" line was, but man when I heard it I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Like I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a WWE show.

She has an undisclosed injury that will keep her out for quite a while per her Instagram post last week.

I was laughing out loud during the whole thing.

The Bray/Orton thing is just fucking absurd I love it and then throw in that the Eater of Worlds really cares about Smackdown because two people picked him in a draft is just fucking great... I mean fuck it none of this makes sense, kayabe is so fucking dead anyway just enjoy the utter stupidity of it, it's like a shitty horror movie, this build is so bad it's come right around to being good again.

But man then Undertaker comes out in his full gear, never takes the fucking hat off and.... delivers a goddamn pep talk about brand fucking warfare?

It's fucking ridiculous and that souls and holes catch phrase is right up there with AJ Styles' frankly dorky as fuck shit like face that runs the place and champ that runs the camp which really ought not to be repeated more than once let alone every promo.

ReiGun

Agreed.

I'm actually glad the Four Horsewomen are mostly on Raw though, love them but if they were evenly split Alexa Bliss would get fucked over and Bliss is the fucking best, easily the woman wrestler with the most raw character, she's a fucking joy to watch, she's 100% on from backstage to entrance to during the match.

She's my fav of the division on either show.

Bliss got next for real. Once she gets through her green period and irons out a few of the kinks in her character and in ring work, she'll easily be a top heel in the women's division. She has a lot of the same appeal of early Trish Stratus to me. If I have any criticism of her, I think she's missing something from her character. She really needs some new ring gear and music; something that gives her a more defined look and a stronger presentation.

And I agree that Smackdown is much better having only one Horsewoman, since it forces them to use Becky to help get the other women over. Raw is protecting the Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte to the detriment of the rest of the division.

Damn. :'( Hope her recovery goes well.

Speaking of injuries, I hope Tamina comes back soon. They could use another big woman.

Bliss got next for real. Once she gets through her green period and irons out a few of the kinks in her character and in ring work, she'll easily be a top heel in the women's division. She has a lot of the same appeal of early Trish Stratus to me. If I have any criticism of her, I think she's missing something from her character. She really needs some new ring gear and music; something that gives her a more defined look and a stronger presentation.

And I agree that Smackdown is much better having only one Horsewoman, since it forces them to use Becky to help get the other women over. Raw is protecting the Bayley, Sasha, and Charlotte to the detriment of the rest of the division.

She needs like a Harley Quinn invoking music, that's what she reminds me of.

She's just a fucking tiny psycho heel and I love her for it.

Like I really can't get over how much I love her, her entrance at No Mercy has this subtle moment where she puts on baby face smile and reaches out to return the offer a high five to a fan only to immediately get aggressive and heel and almost slap his hand away. It's so bitchy it's perfect.

She just completely owns the character. Backstage with Daniel Bryan tonight she was great, when she shows up on talking smack she's great.

She's basically honestly #2 in the division on the mic after Charlotte.

Pikma

Banned
Tajiri & Ozawa vs #DIY has been announced for NXT Live Japan

Please tell me Tajiri is signed and this is not a one time thing

I think he could have helped a lot if he joined the CW division when it first debuted, having more than one familiar face couldn't have hurt it

MC Safety

Smackdown was fairly ridiculous with its overuse of "fantasy warfare!" and then trotting out three retreads to give rah-rah speeches.

Oh, the Undertaker is back? And he wants Smackdown to win because....

You can promote your Smackdown v. Raw pay per view without every single wrestler having to care about which brand is better.

I'm starting to wonder if Alvarez was right on that Becky thing. Since he reported it her talk time has been limited. Even last night on Talking Smack while all the other women got individual questions Becky, the fucking champ got none directly asked.

I'm starting to wonder if Alvarez was right on that Becky thing. Since he reported it her talk time has been limited. Even last night on Talking Smack while all the other women got individual questions Becky, the fucking champ got none directly asked.

that would be immensely disappointing. she gets a lot of shit for her accent but i think it's cute and adds to her character. DOOBLE U DOOBLE U E

Does Evolve need a new commentator?
don-west.jpg

Cause I know a guy
Heel West was the best and his chemistry with tenay made for great viewing.

I used to love him casually dropping stuff like "so I was talking to velvet sky over breakfast this morning about the upcoming match.." etc. Just damn fun stuff.

klonere

Banned
Is Super Dragon's gimmick that he is a Super Dangerous worker?

What did Alvarez say? Anything with him and Becky I'd take with a gigantic grain of salt.

Bayley's merch levels are so high that the company thinks she'll be the female John Cena. That's the main reason why they're holding this Bayley/Charlotte thing off until WM, so she can have a grand coronation. It's still Sasha/Charlotte unlike the other week where it looks like Bayley was going to get her chance.
Bayley should never win. She should always be chasing the title.

What did Alvarez say? Anything with him and Becky I'd take with a gigantic grain of salt.
He said that Dunn disliked her accent and he was gonna cut her promo time because of it. I agree that it's Alvarez but Becky's talk time since then has been tiny, especially on TS last night. Bryan and Renee focused questions on everyone but the actual champ and even on actual SD we've been given little since the yellow streak segment.

Shoot: Undertaker is long past his prime, and to be quite honest hasn't been exciting since the Attitude/Ministry days. The American Badass thing was lame as hell and he's the least kayfabe wrestler next to Kane.

Heroman

Banned
I'm so excited brand shirts are back /s

Most of the woman are bad wrestlers. Alexa is enjoyable because her personality helps to carry her while her in-ring work gets work.
I don't find her personality or character makes up for truly terrible in ring work. And her personality and character has been done to death and doesn't stand out

Is Super Dragon's gimmick that he is a Super Dangerous worker?

Super Dragon is the definition of early 2000s "give no fucks to your or my body" indie worker. I love Super Dragon.

klonere

Banned
Smackdown did indeed sound a lot of fun.

Re: Bliss, I'll watch a match if I hear its good but I'll always watch the segments. Just like WWE should work - character work above all else, let the match quality come after.

Top Bottom