• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Up until a few days ago I would have agreed with you on Ulcerate but I kinda dig the new album. First time I've ever really liked anything by them.

Not gonna touch the Sasha comment
Haha, kidding of course

I'll have to check it out. I always heard "they're the new Gorguts!!" and never saw it

Also who are the biggest Joshi names from the 90s? I've heard of Bull Nakano, Aja Kong and Manami Toyota.

One nobody talks about: Debbie Malenko, unrelated to but trained by the Malenkos.

From the 90s, you can also look out for Akira Hokuto, Kyoko Inoue, Takako Inoue, Shinobu Kandori, Yumiko Hotta, Cuty Sazuki, Kaoru Ito and Dynamite Kansai.

One nobody talks about: Debbie Malenko, unrelated to but trained by the Malenkos.

From the 90s, you can also look out for Akira Hokuto, Kyoko Inoue, Takako Inoue, Shinobu Kandori, Yumiko Hotta, Cuty Sazuki, Kaoru Ito and Dynamite Kansai.
Dynamite Kansai, that name sounds familiar for some reason.

klonere

Banned
Haha, kidding of course

I'll have to check it out. I always heard "they're the new Gorguts!!" and never saw it

Oh fuck no they are not.

They've an interesting little style alright but not anywhere near as great and unique as Gorguts.

She, like Timothy Thatcher, is work British, not shoot British.

My world is shattering into a million pieces.

What did you think of Thatcher/Gulak No Ring Exploding Stokely Hathaway Wrestlers Are The Ring Crew match?

I always think of Devil Masami and Lioness Asuka as part of the 80s joshi group.

Oh yeah, definitely, but both were still producing good matches in the first half of the 90's - Masami especially, one of my favourite joshi heels.

It crazy how popular joshi wrestling was and a certain point still is.

Watching Crush Gals stuff from the 80's is insane, I favour the 90's style, but you really can't argue with how goddamn crazy those 80's crowds were.

Oh fuck no they are not.

They've an interesting little style alright but not anywhere near as great and unique as Gorguts.

My world is shattering into a million pieces.

What did you think of Thatcher/Gulak No Ring Exploding Stokely Hathaway Wrestlers Are The Ring Crew match?

Becky actually speaks with a thick Texas accent. You'd never know though.

I thought it Thatcher/Gulak was better than the shitshow from Brooklyn, but it didn't do much for me. The finish seemed really flat.

I thought it Thatcher/Gulak was better than the shitshow from Brooklyn, but it didn't do much for me. The finish seemed really flat.

Thatcher/Gulak took a while to get going but ended up pretty good, however their street fight from EVOLVE 71 in Florida was seriously AWESOME. Best Thatcher match I've seen this year, personally.

Thatcher/Gulak took a while to get going but ended up pretty good, however their street fight from EVOLVE 71 in Florida was seriously AWESOME. Best Thatcher match I've seen this year, personally.

Thatcher is coming around with his heel turn, but he's not quite there. He hasn't lost that "go away" heat, and I'm not sure if people are looking forward to his matches.

klonere

Banned
Becky actually speaks with a thick Texas accent. You'd never know though.

I can totally see why people dislike Thatcher matches but they are just so...off in a little pocket dimension of wrestling. Thatcher has to have the most basic and "limited" moveset of a top level indie act right now and that's kinda his draw to me.

Gotta think the flat finish was from that concussion though, I don't think that was the planned one at all considering all the other crazy shit they've done.

I thought Thatcher/Roddy from PWG was better but yeah the street fight was pretty lit

Thatcher is coming around with his heel turn, but he's not quite there. He hasn't lost that "go away" heat, and I'm not sure if people are looking forward to his matches.

They're looking forward to someone beating him. I don't think it matters what he does at this point, his title run just isn't salvageable.

klonere

Banned
As much as I understand the dislike of Thatcher that one fan at the New York shows that always screams at him is seriously annoying.

Anth0ny

styles is terrible but I don't mind heel commentators "going there" (not talking just about a sexual assault joke, but any controversial subject) to get heat. it's all about the delivery and presentation.

I'm almost certain that King said shit just as bad during the attitude era, but his delivery was great and JR was always there to shut his ass down whenever he made a very inappropriate "joke"

the styles thing had none of that...

Kaladin

That Vice CZW doc is quite possibly the best way to introduce someone not familiar with death match wrestling to the world of death match wrestling. Great host, and they featured a good mix of talents. I have more respect for DJ Hyde after watching this. That guy puts in work. They also got perspectives from wrestlers at different levels from Masada who is a legend at this point to Tim Donst who is a traditional wrestler doing death match for the first time. I also love the behind the scenes look because it's not something you see often at that level in the death match stuff.

Also : "What's the craziest weapon a fan has ever brought?" and the answer with no hesitation : "A gun."

Who brings a gun for these guys to use in a wrestling match? Come on people.

Kaladin

I couldn't help but feel sorry for his wife, she looked so damn terrified during and after his match and he was bleeding such a ridiculous amount.

Yeah, she's kind of in a situation where she loves him in spite of what he does to destroy himself. To make it worse, she comes off as someone totally separated from the wrestling fandom, like I would even believe that she's only even near it for him.

That Vice CZW doc is quite possibly the best way to introduce someone not familiar with death match wrestling to the world of death match wrestling. Great host, and they featured a good mix of talents. I have more respect for DJ Hyde after watching this. That guy puts in work. They also got perspectives from wrestlers at different levels from Masada who is a legend at this point to Tim Donst who is a traditional wrestler doing death match for the first time. I also love the behind the scenes look because it's not something you see often at that level in the death match stuff.

Also : "What's the craziest weapon a fan has ever brought?" and the answer with no hesitation : "A gun."

Who brings a gun for these guys to use in a wrestling match? Come on people.

Damn it, I can't find the gif of the guy in DDT who would pull a gun on other wrestlers during a match.

Damn it, I can't find the gif of the guy in DDT who would pull a gun on other wrestlers during a match.
we pg friend
GlnQ8qI.gif

Top Bottom