• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

This womans brawl would have been more enjoyable if there weren't such heavy kayfabe angles. I know it's about supporting your brand but it makes things like Alexa/Becky or Sasha/Charolette believable. ITS REAL TO ME DAMMIT

K5SBY0k.jpg
"Shooty shit"

Kaladin

Wrestlemania tickets secured. They had very few of the $38 and eventually I had to go with $80 tickets, but I think these will be good.

Section 203 Row D Seat 14,15

Got my girls and my Wrestlemania tickets.
106R,row M. $631 after everything.
I can't wait honestly, I had fun at Texas last year and for this I only need to drive three hours north to get there. Now I need nxt, raw and Smackdown.

tbh for the cheaper tickets you should probably wait until the general sale, Citrus Bowl seats 70k and they didn't have all the tickets in the presale allotment naturally

klonere

Banned
As a Dragon Gate fan, I like the idea of brand warfare which is just unit feuds writ large.

Of course there are serious kayfabe issues in the WWE with this but lol @ expecting them to solve that with any sort of deftness or ingenuity.

Kaladin

tbh for the cheaper tickets you should probably wait until the general sale, Citrus Bowl seats 70k and they didn't have all the tickets in the presale allotment naturally

While true, I did spot some really shitty ones in the $38 range and they were shitty. I'm glad I got what I did though, 4th row in the upper deck ain't bad.

As a Dragon Gate fan, I like the idea of brand warfare which is just unit feuds writ large.

Of course there are serious kayfabe issues in the WWE with this but lol @ expecting them to solve that with any sort of deftness or ingenuity.

Dragon gate has stakes and reasons. This is them doing things because they can.

Bayley participating in the five on one beat-down on a babyface with a weak neck has slowly settled into being hilarious to me. Maybe if I think of it as her giving into peer pressure it will work better.

klonere

Banned
Word on the block is that the NXT tour in Canada land is selling real bad and will have to be papered.

Chickens coming home etc regarding the quality of the weekly TV product and direction of the brand as a whole.

Looks like Finn and Bayley were certifiable draws as well.

Corrected.

It's killing them. It's killing them bad.

Word on the block is that the NXT tour in Canada land is selling real bad and will have to be papered.

Chickens coming home etc regarding the quality of the weekly TV product and direction of the brand as a whole.

Looks like Finn and Bayley were certifiable draws as well.

It's killing them. It's killing them bad.

I was trying to figure out what matches from the Dusty Classic this year have been must-sees,but there's no hype for it.

Nikki vs Carmella is a feud that improves bit by bit each week but not to the lengths that the feud should still be going on when it started before Becky even won her title. I get WWE don't want Nikki in the title scene yet and also don't want her just on the sidelines but good god.

klonere

Banned
So wait, is Taker actually doing another somewhat full time run?

Yes? I think, it seems like he's setting himself up as the Final Boss of Smackdown, he who you answer to if you fucked up.

Which is cool?

I was trying to figure out what matches from the Dusty Classic this year have been must-sees,but there's no hype for it.

I've skipped the last 2 (3?) Takeovers. Zero enthusiasm for whatever bizarre pseudo super indie feel they are going for.

Sephzilla

Yes? I think, it seems like he's setting himself up as the Final Boss of Smackdown, he who you answer to if you fucked up.

Which is cool?

Taker as an end-boss type is always a good idea with me. Plus tying him to just WrestleMania is a bad idea these days since The Streak is dead

Were there really people in here defending Styles? Cripes.
Dude was unprofessional. There's no grey area here.
If you behave unprofessionally at work - especially in a capacity that has a public profile - you get canned. Period.

From what I've read outside this thread, Mickie James was one of them, and Joanna Rose was apparently okay with the joke (from Reading Joey Styles' letter of apology). That's about it.

Mahonay

Banned
SmackDown was good once again this week. Got me pretty hype for Survivor Series. Watching Talking Smack now.

Nikki with the chipped tooth.

Sephzilla

Taker being a recurring person on Smackdown also opens the door to a Styles vs Undertaker or Cena vs Undertaker match as well. I think both of those would be really entertaining, actually.

T_Exige

Bayley is funny ... Where was she when the RAW women had to back up on the ramp?
Nia was still down, but didn't see Bayley lol.

Ellsworth is great, normally I don't like these type of angles, but this guy has great chemistry with most of the roster. As long as he doesn't wrestle, he can stay.

The Funeral Parlor show was more of a Paul Bearer thing than an Undertaker thing, honestly

Taker made great mean faces

and beat up almost every babyface who appeared on the show

good times

Remember when Undertaker and Kane were legit forces, and now they're just old looking dudes who don't come off as intimidating?

Yep

Back when they could summon lightning and fire to strike people. Their mania 14 prematch promo is the best video package wwf have ever done. NOW THE STORY MUST BE TOLD

Top Bottom