• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Ithil

The title being hotshotted like this is a way to give quick legitimacy tona feud. Because the matches have been good, and the other titles are FAR from being hotshotted, I have no problem with it.

History shows rhat Rock/Mankind was supposedly a good feud, even though A) they hotshotted and faced each other just as much, and B) the matches were, on average, worse than Sasha/Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong, id like to keep em seperated now too. But history will be kind to this feud.

The entire feud seems artificially designed to be nothing but "historical". The first this, the first that, constant talk about how they're breaking new ground and becoming legendary or whatever. Zero actual rivalry or story going on, just stuff they can put in their Did You Know? bumpers and have Cole repeat as factoids.

You can't plan history like this in wrestling. No one looks back at Orton/Cena as some legendary feud, no matter how much WWE tried to push it as monumental. If anything it's held up as the worst example of WWE trying to force a "legendary feud". It didn't get better with age, and even if the Charlotte/Sasha matches are generally good, it doesn't fix the problem that this feud is 100% devoid of substance and extremely repetitive.

Jesus, Sasha is not going to have a long career at that rate.

She can fulfill her dream of being Raw GM one day.
tumblr_nup1ukU6HC1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Hope Jinny Couture is included in the WWE women's tournament they seem to be setting up. She was at some WWE tryouts not too long ago so I'd be pretty sad if she's not on it.

Holy shit I'm watching Starrcade '83 and fuck me running THE MIC CUTS OUT DURING A DUSTY RHODES LIVE PROMO. No one knows so DUSTY is pouring his heart out and no one can hear him.

Holy shit I'm watching Starrcade '83 and fuck me running THE MIC CUTS OUT DURING A DUSTY RHODES LIVE PROMO. No one knows so DUSTY is pouring his heart out and no one can hear him.

Highly recommended listing to the lapsed fan starcade tour. You get stories like Vince trying to shoot on Harley race before the 83 Cade

Over dinner, McMahon made his offer clear to Race. $250,000 was his if he jumped to the WWF. Race knew what a coup this would be for McMahon if he acquired the services of the NWA World Champion. He also knew that McMahon would need his answer that same night. Despite the financial temptation, Race could not turn his back on the organization that had given him so much nor could he ignore his personal code of honor that demanded that he drop the title to Ric Flair as promised. Race told McMahon no, unaware that by now, McMahon was used to getting what he wanted. After the dinner, an irate McMahon launched himself at Race only to find himself caught in a crossface. Race was ready to snap McMahon’s neck but his wife provided the voice of reason that saved McMahon’s life

Kaladin

My wife and I decided we couldn't wait and gave each other our big Christmas gifts early this year.

I got her a 2DS with Mario Kart and the new Mario Party and the new Pokemon games.

She got me a hammock and a hammock stand, which is something I've always wanted but have never had.

We might be taking a beach trip early next year.

I think Charlotte and Sasha have good, if not great matches with each other but that doesn't give it a justifiable excuse to have this feud going on for five months.

Kaladin

I think Charlotte and Sasha have good, if not great matches with each other but that doesn't give it a justifiable excuse to have this feud going on for five months.

It's going for five months because they're the only two who can put on these kinds of matches at that level right now. I know there are others, but the brand split happened and Bayley might as well have never had her NXT run as far as Raw is concerned.

My wife and I decided we couldn't wait and gave each other our big Christmas gifts early this year.

I got her a 2DS with Mario Kart and the new Mario Party and the new Pokemon games.

She got me a hammock and a hammock stand, which is something I've always wanted but have never had.

We might be taking a beach trip early next year.

Nice! Hammocks rule.

I hope I can get stuff situated in terms of finding all my proper/needed documentation to get a passport. I've been wanting to do a random trip with one or two friends to London or Ireland or even Paris for quite some time, and I'd love if it happened sometime next year.

It's going for five months because they're the only two who can put on these kinds of matches at that level right now. I know there are others, but the brand split happened and Bayley might as well have never had her NXT run as far as Raw is concerned.
I get that, but I wouldn't even care if they were to toss a title feud at someone like Alicia who I know they would never give the belt to just because it's something new.

To me, the main reason this feud is still going on is because WWE want the feud to have a bunch of first time ever things for the women so in a decade or two they can treat this like some iconic feud like Vince vs Austin.

6 title changes in 9 months

Statistics
First champion(s) Charlotte
Most reigns Charlotte and Sasha Banks (3 reigns)
Longest reign Charlotte (113 days)
Shortest reign Sasha Banks (27 days)
Oldest winner Charlotte (30 years old, 208 days)
Youngest winner Sasha Banks (24 years old, 181 days)
Heaviest champion Charlotte (144 lb (65 kg))
Lightest champion Sasha Banks (114 lb (52 kg))

Kaladin

I get that, but I wouldn't even care if they were to toss a title feud at someone like Alicia who I know they would never give the belt to just because it's something new.

To me, the main reason this feud is still going on is because WWE want the feud to have a bunch of first time ever things for the women so in a decade or two they can treat this like some iconic feud like Vince vs Austin.

6 title changes in 9 months

Re-posting this because it's true

WWE run a match into the ground? Impossible.
XLVtm.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why is Meltzer asking if 205 Live will be taped - it's called "205 Live"

I really want to see who stays after SD for 205, if they have the same kind of matches they have on Raw, instead of CWC style matches, people are going to leave in droves.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't they switch Corey Graves to SmackDown and put JBL back on Raw so they don't have to pay Corey Graves to go to 2 different places

Kaladin

I have hopes that 205 Live is it's own thing and can be a third brand, and as such give these guys enough time to develop stories and connect with the audience.

Top Bottom