• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

JSgkZSd.gif

RAW was weak but that main event was fantastic. They need to continue this trend of having great main events on their weekly shows. Give people a reason to tune into that third hour.

Yeah, it's sort of working for this feud. I am curious how they end it.

Ric Flair heel turn OBVS

Charlotte (c) - 2015/09/20 - 309 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/07/25 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/08/21 - 43 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/10/03 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/10/30 - 29 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/11/28 - 1+ Days

They've had 7 singles matches in 2016 alone, enough already!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78scU6O1jYk

It's over kill to the extreme. I'm for the women's revolution BUT having these two wrestle so often, it's like they (WWE) are forcing things along. They should never have split the women to the two brands, the match variety is severely limited.

Can't believe they were the last match yet again. If i was Jericho they would be added to the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78scU6O1jYk

It's over kill to the extreme. I'm for the women's revolution BUT having these two wrestle so often, it's like they (WWE) are forcing things along. They should never have split the women to the two brands, the match variety is severely limited.

Can't believe they were the last match yet again. If i was Jericho they would be added to the list.

They were easily the best match of the night...

Caderfix

I think the problem is that they fight too often, not really the quality. Ending the show with a main event we've seen so many times is not very good. Then again that's been the WWE since forever, the same thing over and over and over over and over...

kiguel182

Reigns wrestled and won against Owens? Aren't they having a match at Roadblock? Why?

Owens has been a terrible champion, shame.

I'll be skipping Raw. No point in watching it.

Zach

For someone with a WWE network sub, what's the best way to check out WCW before Nitro? Would I be fine with Starrcade '83 and sticking to the PPVS from there until '93 or so?
I'm excited for you, Sibersk Esto. Be sure to include the Clashes in your journey.

Hasney

I mean, great, but if they trade wins every other week and there's no story reason for it to happen other than I'M THE BEST, why should I be engaged in it? Miz and Ziggler fought a lot, but Ziggler also put his career on the line and the side feud with Bryan and bringing back the Spirit Squad added small dimensions to some good matches.

Reigns wrestled and won against Owens? Aren't they having a match at Roadblock? Why?

lol Raw. Fucking hell, they can't even make it remotely competent. Just save it for the PPV if you want champion V champion to be a big deal. Goddamn.

Heroman

Banned
Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi was a best out seven that took about 4 years to tell , Sasha vs Charlotte took 4 month to tell

I think the problem is that they fight too often, not really the quality. Ending the show with a main event we've seen so many times is not very good. Then again that's been the WWE since forever, the same thing over and over and over over and over...

WWE run a match into the ground? Impossible.
XLVtm.jpg

th

Foggy

Charlotte (c) - 2015/09/20 - 309 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/07/25 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/08/21 - 43 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/10/03 - 27 Days
Charlotte (c) - 2016/10/30 - 29 Days
Sasha (c) - 2016/11/28 - 1+ Days

They've had 7 singles matches in 2016 alone, enough already!

Man, that's embarrassing.

orioto

Good Art™

It's not that horrible actually.

Owens is meant to be an underdog heel against super human faces like reigns.
That's actually the first time, in what, 3 month that he loses clean to somoene.

Now remember the first run of similar mid carders with sudden championship reign before, cm punk, rey misterio.. They were being pinned every week.

As crazy as it sounds Owens is actually kinda protected in this particular context.

Of course you want superman Reigns to beat him too show he can take the crown. That's really base booking here, not that shocking.

Caderfix

Of course you want superman Reigns to beat him too show he can take the crown. That's really base booking here, not that shocking.

Do you really want that though? We all know Roman can beat anyone at any time, he is superman as you just said. Why not keep the tension until the actual PPV? How is this outcome better?

orioto

Good Art™
Do you really want that though? We all know Roman can beat anyone at any time, he is superman as you just said. Why not keep the tension until the actual PPV? How is this outcome better?

I'm not saying that's the best they can do, i'm saying that's not that shocking. It's not hurting Owens at least.

It's certainly not making him stronger neither i agree..

Caderfix

I'm not saying that's the best they can do, i'm saying that's not that shocking. It's not hurting Owens at least.

It's certainly not making him stronger neither i agree..

Oh, my bad. I thought you actually agreed with the decision, so I wanted to understand why haha

John Cena has wrestled Randy Orton 251 times?? And won 204 times?? Yikes.

I thought that would be the result of a single year. I remember them fighting every week back in the day.

I thought that would be the result of a single year. I remember them fighting every week back in the day.
I don't even remember there being a storyline. It was was like "oh there's a PPV coming up, yep it's them. Who cares"

Made way worse when I'm pretty sure this was Cena's first big feud after the Edge one

Shook at Charlotte going for that moonsault, I was actually saying out loud to myself "don't do the moonsault, don't do the moonsault" once she looked at the table under the impression she'd just end herself but daaaamn, it actually worked out.
Nice match ending as well, shame about the title hot patato and f'n bizarre Ric Flair finale that confirms that he does indeed ruin everything.
Sasha/Charlotte is the Rock/Mankind of modern WWE, trades for days.

In other news the Cesaro and Sheamus in the bar segment was so bad yet sooo good.

Angle vs. Austin at Unforgiven '01 has that big fight feel.

I'm telling you, their upcoming Raw match is the real deal friend.

Kaladin

I'm curious.....aside from NXT where they book champions strong because they often have no competition.......does WWE know how to book a strong World Champion?

Sure.....they'll book the tag champs and IC Champ or the US Champ strong all day to get them to the point of breaking a record, but the main belt is often lucky if they get a clean win on TV, let alone PPV.

I'm curious.....aside from NXT where they book champions strong because they often have no competition.......does WWE know how to book a strong World Champion?

Sure.....they'll book the tag champs and IC Champ or the US Champ strong all day to get them to the point of breaking a record, but the main belt is often lucky if they get a clean win on TV, let alone PPV.

Vince knows how to book a (too) strong BABYFACE world champion, but the only flavour of heel champion he knows is super chickenheel.

Even though Jericho's recovery to Owen's flubbing his lines up was funny, it probably would have never happened if superstars were'nt forced to day WWE WORLD UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP every time in every promo.

Talking like that pretty much takes every promo about the title down two points, and reminds me of what a stale, buzzword filled product WWE is. You can't just call it the belt, the strap, the title, nope, gotta get that branding in.

Even though Jericho's recovery to Owen's flubbing his lines up was funny, it probably would have never happened if superstars were'nt forced to day WWE WORLD UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP every time in every promo.

Talking like that pretty much takes every promo about the title down two points, and reminds me of what a stale, buzzword filled product WWE is. You can't just call it the belt, the strap, the title, nope, gotta get that branding in.

It comes off as very fake as well, people don't talk like that. At the very least just let them say 'the Universal title'.

Barrage

The title being hotshotted like this is a way to give quick legitimacy tona feud. Because the matches have been good, and the other titles are FAR from being hotshotted, I have no problem with it.

History shows rhat Rock/Mankind was supposedly a good feud, even though A) they hotshotted and faced each other just as much, and B) the matches were, on average, worse than Sasha/Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong, id like to keep em seperated now too. But history will be kind to this feud.

Top Bottom