• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

And spend some more time in NXT. They've got a potential upside for sure, but they need more work.

Yeah.

Funny enough they used to work in my backyard for ECCW

Been itching to see some live wrestling and WWE basically doesn't come to Vancouver anymore and was looking up ECCW and sure enough they were all over old cards.

I wish they both went with Trunks instead of tasslepants and trunks.

So for Nikki vs Carmella, presumably with the stipulation involved, whoever attacked Nikki (at this rate I'm guessing Natalya) comes out to attack her which in turn gives Carmella the win.

It's a out there guess but maybe Carmella will be going after Becky's belt after Alexa.

Browny

Banned
Someone mention Hollywood Blonds?

tumblr_mzova2DJpD1snhdpvo1_400.gif

In other news, I'm totally surrounded by incompetent people
read: cunts
at work. I need to pull a Punk and bail out.

This whole Heath Slater run clearly caught them off guard and they never had any long term plans for them. Dudes have been wrestling most of their matches on Main Event.

What's amazing is that even with limited TV and mic time, they are still one of the most over teams on either show. Even at Survivor Series, which featured teams like Enzo and Cass and The New Day, they were getting "We want Slater" chants.

They really don't know what to do with people who get over organically.

I'd be more than happy with a Slater/Miz feud after TLC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tone's big push failed and she finally got buried like she deserved, brother.

Time for the big boy Scorch to shine on the big stage.

Man, The fuck are wwe doing with America alpha ?

They need them chasing gold. It's the only way to build them. Nobody cares about Heath and Rhyno, so they'll out the belts on the Wyatts and have Bray and Randy in a run with AA leading to Mania. Makes a lot sense, really.

Man, The fuck are wwe doing with America alpha ?

?

They gave them mic time (and a solid amount too) and then they put them in the ring against a team consisting of a double digit world champion and arguably the #2 heel on the roster and then had them only lose because of Wyatt shenanigans (going as far as having Luke Harper directly save Bray for the finish)

A week after they ran rough shod in a tag turmoil....

What do you mean what the fuck are the WWE doing?

They got a main event Smackdown match and got protected as fuck in it.

They're building them up.

I think even Vince recognizes the raw talent that AJ has.

I don't mind Roman, I think he has potential, but he's no AJ Styles. If he was, Wrestlemania 32 would have ended quite differently.
You can tell they were fucking with AJ when he came in with the losses and no mic time. He probably passed their tests by knowing how to work the backstage politics correctly. He came off well on the Austin podcast too which Ambrose failed at miserably.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need them chasing gold. It's the only way to build them. Nobody cares about Heath and Rhyno, so they'll out the belts on the Wyatts and have Bray and Randy in a run with AA leading to Mania. Makes a lot sense, really.

More people care about Rhyno & Heath than Americna Alpha

Hasney

Huh, I've not seen Mike Mizzan since he hosted Smackdown shows back in the day. He's improved a lot and is dynamite on Talking Smack. What what he's been doing since.

Heroman

Banned
?

They gave them mic time (and a solid amount too) and then they put them in the ring against a team consisting of a double digit world champion and arguably the #2 heel on the roster and then had them only lose because of Wyatt shenanigans (going as far as having Luke Harper directly save Bray for the finish)

A week after they ran rough shod in a tag turmoil....

What do you mean what the fuck are the WWE doing?

They got a main event Smackdown match and got protected as fuck in it.

They're building them up.
What wwe is doing is the worst way to build people losing to the Wyatts and Orton who have had lackluster year is dumb. You don't build people by having them lose big matches

Yeah, they really do. They're probably more over with the crowds than AA right now.

Sorry, I meant internally. Writers etc. They obviously don't care. It was an accident, and now they don't know what to do with them. (Mainly because you can't put the underdog on top and expect them to work that role for long. It never translates.) I suspect they'll shift them to an Usos programme and let them develop themselves there - or, possibly, move Heath back to singles.

What wwe is doing is the worst way to build people losing to the Wyatts and Orton who have had lackluster year is dumb. You don't build people by having them lose big matches

WrestleMania 13 disagrees, extreme example of course but point stands...

Wyatts have been especially hot (Harper aside) since Orton joined up. They were you know the sole survivors in that little 50 minute elimination match.

The time for American Alpha to take the belts isn't now.

They went through the tag turmoil looking great, they got screwed by the Wyatts showing up and being like nope sorry you have to face us and then they only lost do to a lot of Wyatt chicanery including direct interference from Harper in the finish.

They came off great, they have a grudge now against the Wyatts, and all this after only being on the roster for a few months...

Like of all the times to complain now after the past two Smackdowns isn't it.

Never have seen this before, Miz comes off as a babyface and a star. Why would a fan favorite sit there, who retired due to severe concussions, talk about someone being weak because he doesn't wreck his body? The response was justified.

Kind of funny ol' Real World Miz became a top mic worker for them in the past 15 years.

Miz is pardon the theme song joke awesome.

The IC title should stay with him for ages, he's the only one who's ever really put it over as important in ages.

That promo is great because it puts over the belt.

Goes back to what I said about Alex Bliss's run right now, the best heels are the ones who are kinda right, whose POV you can see.

Kurita

Was The Miz a famous participant in the Real World? I'm not American so I don't know how popular the show and the people in it were.

Kurita

Yes.

He was in the Real World: Back to New York.

He wasn't famous then, obviously.

Sorry, my post wasn't really clear.
I meant, was The Miz, as a participant of the show, kinda notorious back then, like Snookie or whoever is in these shows? Or did he "retroactively" become famous after becoming a WWE wrestler.

Heroman

Banned
I meant, was The Miz, as a participant of the show, kinda notorious back then, like Snookie or whoever is in these shows? Or did he "retroactively" become famous after becoming a WWE wrestler.
No, he became "famous" due his wwe career.

He was one of the more focused on characters during his stint on Real World. he flipped the appearance into becoming a career reality star by being on a ton of Real World / Road Rules challenges. That season he was on was in 2001 and the show still had some respect for being what it is.

The difference between him and someone like Snookie is Jersey Shore had all intentions of being a complete and total train wreck. Real World, back then, was still about bring people together from different places to see how they'd get along. Jersey Shore was all the same kind of people who were into the same kind of thing.

ReiGun

I'd be more than happy with a Slater/Miz feud after TLC.
Next to Sami Zayn, Slater is probably the best person to feud with Miz. He's the most white meat babyface on the entire roster next to Bayley, and has an instant underdog appeal that would clash well with Miz's Hollywood douche character.

Huh, I've not seen Mike Mizzan since he hosted Smackdown shows back in the day. He's improved a lot and is dynamite on Talking Smack. What what he's been doing since.
He's done really well for himself, it seems. Weird that he called Maryse his wife, though, when she's married to The Miz.

kiguel182

Can't stand Ambrose, what an annoying character. Hopefully Styles shuts him up on Sunday.

Skipped the main-event but from what I'm glad Wyatt is looking menacing again. Hopefully Orton is really one of them now and doesn't turn on Wyatt on Sunday.

Rhyno and Slater barely appear, it's disappointing since they had such an entertaining road to the title but then did nothing as champions.

Alexa is so good. She is doing great work.

Smackdown continues to be nice if not perfect.

I was always surprised that people didn't like the Miz at first. For some reason I saw that season of The Real World with him in it at the time, and I always liked him because he was just running around with a fake WWE title and quoting wrestling catchphrases. He's always been a fan of wrestling and I think it's kinda cool that he decided to follow his dream job and actually got there. Despite his mediocre ring work at first, he's always been passionate about wrestling and has always tried his best and improved a ton. I'll always be a Miz fan! He's just a good dude who likes wrestling and he's one of the best heels in WWE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Making use of my network sub to watch the first nxt specials I havent watched.

Watching Arrival now... this Sami vs Cesaro match tho o_O

Thread must have been crazy watching it / posting live.

I was always surprised that people didn't like the Miz at first. For some reason I saw that season of The Real World with him in it at the time, and I always liked him because he was just running around with a fake WWE title and quoting wrestling catchphrases. He's always been a fan of wrestling and I think it's kinda cool that he decided to follow his dream job and actually got there. Despite his mediocre ring work at first, he's always been passionate about wrestling and has always tried his best and improved a ton. I'll always be a Miz fan! He's just a good dude who likes wrestling and he's one of the best heels in WWE.
When I first saw him, I knew who he was from the brief watching of real world and I supported him since then. I wanted him to win tough enough but I guess it was great that he didn't because tough enough is a curse more than anything. The only time I soured on him(still supported though since I wore his shirt a lot) was that moment with Flair. I knew that wasn't him and they needed to let him be himself again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Who the fuck is CJ Parker. And oh god Mojo Rawley was in nxt? >_>

Top Bottom