• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

It helps they haven't had as many matches and haven't been trading the title back and forth.

Nikki and Carmella has been better than one would expect too. Still not a fan of either (Nikki especially), but I can't deny that it's been well booked and that both women have played their roles well. Hopefully Carmella goes over on Sunday; she really needs a big win.

Carmella gets better every week in and out of the ring.

She has an in ring brutality and aggressiveness that I really appreciate.

Their match on SD before Survivor Series and before it got interrupted by the Raw women was actually great.

TJ Perkins looks so fucking stupid

Heroman

Banned
Fuck your neck
stardom7.24-5.gif

ReiGun

Why is Luke Harper losing to Kane? Look, I like Kane. I appreciate how long he's been around. But at this point, he should be like Jericho and being used to put other guys over.

Bray and Orton are the best team to take the titles off SlateRhyno. They'll get massive heat, and it's an easy team to make look dominant compared to the rest of the division.

LOL @ Slater and Rhyno cheering Dean on while he beats up Styles.

Carmella gets better every week in and out of the ring.

She has an in ring brutality and aggressiveness that I really appreciate.

Their match on SD before Survivor Series and before it got interrupted by the Raw women was actually great.

TJ Perkins looks so fucking stupid

That match had me cringing. Some of those shots Nikki took to her neck looked rough. But like you said, it plays into Carmella's aggressiveness.

Why is Luke Harper losing to Kane? Look, I like Kane. I appreciate how long he's been around. But at this point, he should be like Jericho and being used to put other guys over.

Not to mention Jericho can still work... Kane just looks like an empty shell

That match had me cringing. Some of those shots Nikki took to her neck looked rough. But like you said, it plays into Carmella's aggressiveness.

It was great storytelling on that match. Of course you'd work her neck.

I loved loved loved that match.

Women are bluntly some of the best things on either roster right now in the ring.

Tagyhag

AJ is arguably the top guy in the company and he hasn't even been there for a year yet jesus. They have been trying to make Roman a thing for almost 5 years now.

I think even Vince recognizes the raw talent that AJ has.

I don't mind Roman, I think he has potential, but he's no AJ Styles. If he was, Wrestlemania 32 would have ended quite differently.

So Jack Gallagher's gimmick is that he has a myriad of unique ways to stretch the fuck out of you but his finish was a running corner dropkick....oooook

MG310

Bray can't even get a clean win over Kane..so I didn't have high hopes for Harper. Hoping they just have Braun toss all of the guys they build up for the Rumble every year - Kane,Henry,Show etc.

ReiGun

One thing I like about SD's status quo is that they really push all the talent being hungry. Things like having Dolph and Becky on Talking Smack saying how important their titles are and how their matches should be the main event. It's a little thing, but it helps makes everything feel more important.

Edit: That's two weeks now that the host of Talking Smack has used the show to complain about management not giving people chances. Miz kept it kayfabe by blaming Daniel, but nothing he said was wrong.

Bray can't even get a clean win over Kane..so I didn't have high hopes for Harper. Hoping they just have Braun toss all of the guys they build up for the Rumble every year - Kane,Henry,Show etc.

Didn't they do that this year? Or was that the entire Wyatt family? I just remember Kane and Big Show both being eliminated very quickly.

A bit too early for Swann (or anyone not named Kendrick) imo but the match was great.

I think it's a mistake to take the title away from the only guy with an established character who could carry the division while they build all the other characters through 205 Live.

But ah well Swann's pretty awesome so.

I get it but it's the most vicious dropkick ever. Too bad they shot it from a dumb angle unlike in the CWC.

Oh it looks great it's just such a weird finish for that guy's gimmick. I mean the entire match he's slowly and methodically twisting and contorting Davari (even if that lock him in a ball thing was kinda silly given how easy Davari exploded out of it after getting kicked), only to beat him with a running strike....

Ah well dug the character...

How was 205 live?

Did more for the Cruisers in terms of getting to know them than literally the entire run on Raw has.

Matches were alright, main event was great, the guys still need a lot of work mic and character wise those Neese and Gulak are especially bad.

So Jack Gallagher's gimmick is that he has a myriad of unique ways to stretch the fuck out of you but his finish was a running corner dropkick....oooook
I get this feeling from TJP. TJP's finisher is the knee-bar and since hitting the main roster, he never works on the knee at all. I get that they're probably either going for A) limb working is boring Cruiserweight stuff or B) they're trying to make the move so legit no working needs to be done for it to hurt badly but it bothers me a little.

I get this feeling from TJP. TJP's finisher is the knee-bar and since hitting the main roster, he never works on the knee at all. I get that they're probably either going for A) limb working is boring Cruiserweight stuff or B) they're trying to make the move so legit no working needs to be done for it to hurt badly but it bothers me a little.

TJP just kinda sucks in general....

The worst look like wrestling to boot.

Adree

I think ZSJ being boring in the CWC ruined body part working for at least a year unless you are The Revival.

Someone tell Jason Jordan to stop taking off the straps of his outfit after doing like one move.

Also I'm still surprised at how much I'm enjoying the Wyatt-Orton stuff. It's easily the best story both men have had in a while and I'm actually more then okay and fine with the idea of them taking the belts off Heath and Rhyno.

Edit: I'd take just one or two moves on the knee to at least set it up. It's just his style of wrestling is one way and then he locks this in out of blue and people tend to tap on it almost straight away.

MG310

Didn't they do that this year? Or was that the entire Wyatt family? I just remember Kane and Big Show both being eliminated very quickly.

Braun got Show and Kane, Rowan/Harper/Braun got Brock and Henry.

They could probably do it more effectively this year with him solo. Not getting mauled and eating multiple Tiger Knees by Brock again would be good too.

Someone tell Jason Jordan to stop taking off the straps of his outfit after doing like one move.

Also I'm still surprised at how much I'm enjoying the Wyatt-Orton stuff. It's easily the best story both men have had in a while and I'm actually more then okay and fine with the idea of them taking the belts off Heath and Rhyno.

Edit: I'd take just one or two moves on the knee to at least set it up. It's just his style of wrestling is one way and then he locks this in out of blue and people tend to tap on it almost straight away.

They really dropped the ball on Heath and Rhyno anyway. Shock! Surprise!

MG310

Survivor Series putting the whole tag division on hold seemed to hurt everyone. Probably the Usos more than anyone else.

Why the fuck did they stop writing stuff for Heath & Rhyno...

No room for more comedy with 5 Ellsworth segments a show.

Survivor Series putting the whole tag division on hold seemed to hurt everyone.

Probably the Usos more than anyone else.

Usos have wrestled since Survivor Series

Slater and Rhyno have watched a lot of matches backstage on camera on a TV

Why the fuck did they stop writing new stuff for Heath & Rhyno...

Pretty sure they're done after TLC pretty much give or take a return rematch on Smackdown.

Smackdown was much better than Raw again.

I'm invested in all the storylines and characters on Smackdown. Looking forward to the TLC show this weekend.

ReiGun

Why the fuck did they stop writing new stuff for Heath & Rhyno...

This whole Heath Slater run clearly caught them off guard and they never had any long term plans for them. Dudes have been wrestling most of their matches on Main Event.

What's amazing is that even with limited TV and mic time, they are still one of the most over teams on either show. Even at Survivor Series, which featured teams like Enzo and Cass and The New Day, they were getting "We want Slater" chants.

They really don't know what to do with people who get over organically.

MG310

Usos had a fucking great match tho

That they did - more talking about the build up where they were getting along with the rest of the team. Then again Bayley took part in a gang beatdown so all bets were off for a few weeks.

The Wyatt/Orton stuff has been fun so I'm not going to complain about the tag titles being soaked up into that for a while...especially after that match with American Alpha tonight.

That they did - more talking about the build up where they were getting along with the rest of the team. Then again Bayley took part in a gang beatdown so all bets were off for a few weeks.

The Wyatt/Orton stuff has been fun so I'm not going to complain about the tag titles being soaked up into that for a while...especially after that match with American Alpha tonight.

Usos heel turn was all abut how they really wanted to be winners and were pissed they lost. Them working with everyone makes sense in as much as they just want to win.

ReiGun

The only thing that was weird with the Usos was them not playing up the tension that should exist between them and American Alpha/SlateRhyno. But they weren't the only ones that was happening with during the SS build; that was just sort of how the event went.

The only thing that was weird with the Usos was them not playing up the tension that should exist between them and American Alpha/SlateRhyno. But they weren't the only ones that was happening with during the SS build; that was just sort of how the event went.

I just gave into the absurdity of it all when Bray fucking Wyatt ran out wearing a freaking Smackdown t-shirt

ReiGun

Huh, I didn't realize Bray never got a belt.

You could spin this into Bray not caring for silly titles as they are just trinkets that represent a broken system and the petty dreams of delusional men.

...But really it's just because he always loses.

Adree

After Miz being awesome as host I think it'd actually be fun to have the hosting chairs rotate to various talents.

Or we could just replace Renee with Alexa and keep Miz on.

Man, Miz was incredible on talking smack.

Alexa and Carmella are getting noticably better every week. AJ was awesome as always.

Just found out payroll fucked up my PTO for the year and I just gained 2 days and 3 hours of PTO.

I got 10 days of PTO to use for December! Time to be a part timer at work for an entire month!

still working more dates then the two most over guys on raw combined

Hasney

I adore Kendrick, but I've not enjoyed him in the Slowweight division. Was fantastic in the CWC though, but even now, I'm glad he couldn't handle that.

Man, Miz was incredible on talking smack.

Alexa and Carmella are getting noticably better every week. AJ was awesome as always.

still working more dates then the two most over guys on raw combined

I'm glad AJ has toned down his rhyming catchphrases.

Alexa fucking owned Becky tonight.

For as better as Becky is than Bliss in the ring Alexa is equally that much better on the mic and in full character embodiment.

Hasney

The cruiser roster is stacked with talent, so no idea why you'd have Bollywood on the first segment unless it was a squash. I mean, Tozawa needs to shine and isn't on your first episode? But the Boringwood Boyz pick up a win?

I also like Nese and Gulak in the ring, but never give them a mic again. Play to peoples strengths. Jesus.

I also like Nese and Gulak in the ring, but never give them a mic again. Play to peoples strengths. Jesus.

One of the main reasons I can't stand WWE these days, everyone has to be able to do everything and creative seemingly have no clue as to who to protect and who to promote. You accentuate the positives and disguise the negatives. If you don't, you end up with Cesaro.

klonere

Banned
Woke up this morning, coughed a bit, tried to breathe in, couldn't. My throat is all sorts of fucked up, nearly passed out.

How was Smackdown and 205? Does anyone care about the cruiserweights?

Hasney

Woke up this morning, coughed a bit, tried to breathe in, couldn't. My throat is all sorts of fucked up, nearly passed out.

How was Smackdown and 205? Does anyone care about the cruiserweights?

Cared about Gentleman Jack and got into the title match. Bollywood Boys taking up airtime was rough though.

Top Bottom