• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Verendus

Banned
YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?

PPVs have certainly been hurt with the split roster. They used to be the one thing you knew would be pretty great almost every time.
Roman Reigns isn't wearing some red belt. He's a believer of real life.

This development has been the worst for someone like me. I don't even watch the normal shows. All I watch are the PPVs, but now they feel like those normal shows everyone was subject to. It's like my feelings as a customer were never even considered.

But what about me? What about Verendus?

Mahonay

Banned
Roman Reigns isn't wearing some red belt. He's a believer of real life.

This development has been the worst for someone like me. I don't even watch the normal shows. All I watch are the PPVs, but now they feel like those normal shows everyone was subject to. It's like my feelings as a customer were never even considered.

But what about me? What about Verendus?
Promo%2B1.gif

Wagram

But...it doesn't?

Lets take a look at this weeks riveting content.

Randy Orton vs Please retire Kane.
American Alpha vs. The Jobber Squad.
3 minute Women's tag match that had more commercial time than in ring action.
The Usos vs. Headbangers (I would come up with a joke, but I mean it's the headbangers, kinda speaks for itself).
Dolph Ziggler vs. Curt "who gives a shit" Hawkins in a 3 second match.

Oh let's not forget the amazing content that is James Ellsworth in the title picture.

Must be why the ratings are through the roof on Smackdown.

Verendus

Banned
What 50 year old will Vince bring back next?!?
I hope it's Brotista.

I want him to run roughshod over the roster for an entire year. Beat Seth, beat Ambrose, beat Styles, beat Balor, beat Cena, beat Orton, beat Owens, beat Haitch again, and then finally take a bow against Roman Reigns in the main event of Wrasslin'Mania 35.

Pikma

Banned
Lets take a look at this weeks riveting content.

Randy Orton vs Please retire Kane.
American Alpha vs. The Jobber Squad.
3 minute Women's tag match that had more commercial time than in ring action.
The Usos vs. Headbangers (I would come up with a joke, but I mean it's the headbangers, kinda speaks for itself).
Dolph Ziggler vs. Curt "who gives a shit" Hawkins in a 3 second match.

Oh let's not forget the amazing content that is James Ellsworth in the title picture.

Must be why the ratings are through the roof on Smackdown.
Smackdown is not about wrestling, it's more about the storylines, there's a reason the Miz is absolutely thriving there. Meanwhile RAW is the complete opposite, it's just that everything surrounding it shits all over the product so even if there are decent matches the product is still not enjoyable at all

Kinda like Wrestling vs Sports Entertainment

Bubba T

I hope it's Brotista.

I want him to run roughshod over the roster for an entire year. Beat Seth, beat Ambrose, beat Styles, beat Balor, beat Cena, beat Orton, beat Owens, beat Haitch again, and then finally take a bow against Roman Reigns in the main event of Wrasslin'Mania 35.

I enjoyed Bootista's last run. He was more entertaining in those few months to me than most of his career.

Even at 50 I'm pretty sure he's better than most of the roster.

Smackdown is not about wrestling, it's more about the storylines, there's a reason the Miz is absolutely thriving there. Meanwhile RAW is the complete opposite, it's just that everything surrounding it shits all over the product so even if there are decent matches the product is still not enjoyable at all

Kinda like Wrestling vs Sports Entertainment

....You think Raw...is about..wrestling?

Pikma

Banned
I enjoyed Bootista's last run.
....You think Raw...is about..wrestling?

The show is basically 1 1/2 hours of meaningless matches + 1 hour of ads + 40 minutes of stupid meaningless and badly written promos

So yeah, it's supposed to be about wrestling...

Plus all the decent-to-great wrestlers are on Raw, SD only has... AJ, AA and I guess Becky?

Bubba T

The show is basically 1 1/2 hours of meaningless matches + 1 hour of ads + 40 minutes of stupid meaningless and badly written promos

So yeah, it's supposed to be about wrestling...

Plus all the decent-to-great wrestlers are on Raw, SD only has... AJ, AA and I guess Becky?

Meh, they've done a great job trying to bland the hell out of their product, even down to their title belts. Red and blue titles for everyone!

Almost 9 of bad to mediocre wrestling.

I can't remember the last time I've watched a Raw or Smackdown as it aired. They recap the hell out of everything so you don't even need to watch.

Menome

I've yet to make the Zach Power Rankings. Probably because he keeps posting them during my Monday-Wednesday absence whilst I'm catching up behind you Yanks.

Mahonay

Banned
WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Nov. 2, 2016

1. Browny
2. Xion385
3. illmatic22
4. Jamie OD
5. The Silver
6. HazySaiyan
7. Silexx
8. -Pyromaniac-
9. UrbanDandy
10. strobogo w/ moustache
11. jmdajr
12. Syder
13. Zach
14. SomewhatGravy
15. LiQuid!
16. Saitama
17. Toki767
18. Recall
19. serenewarfare
20. Pikma
21. DMczaf
22. Fox318
23. Tagyhag
24. slightconfuse
25. Mahonay

Dropped from the rankings: klonere, imbask
Bottom of the card. Where I feel most at home.

Bubba T

WrassleGAF Power Rankings | Nov. 2, 2016

1. Browny
2. Xion385
3. illmatic22
4. Jamie OD
5. The Silver
6. HazySaiyan
7. Silexx
8. -Pyromaniac-
9. UrbanDandy
10. strobogo w/ moustache
11. jmdajr
12. Syder
13. Zach
14. SomewhatGravy
15. LiQuid!
16. Saitama
17. Toki767
18. Recall
19. serenewarfare
20. Pikma
21. DMczaf
22. Fox318
23. Tagyhag
24. slightconfuse
25. Mahonay

Dropped from the rankings: klonere, imbask

prince.gif

somedevil

Nice, they had a couple of good matches in NOAH a few years ago - I remember a TMDK vs Strong & Gallows tag that was a lot of fun.

Thats probably why they went with him to do the match with strong. It was good for 7 minutes they showed. I wonder how much they cut out of that match to show on the network.

Top Bottom