• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I2tt48i.jpg

There's a whole comic series from Sony Six with that kind of art, that's officially promoted by TNA

And they wonder why ratings everywhere are down and all their deals are failing

Recall

Anarchy Rulz 99 next episode on Lapsed Fan. Very much a fun wrestling show. World title match and opener are stellar but I wonder if it will be to their tastes?

During the Monday night wars, did any of you have friends that would call during wrestling when something crazy or unexpected happened?

Sadly, I had to wait until school the next day

During the Monday night wars, did any of you have friends that would call during wrestling when something crazy or unexpected happened?

Sadly, I had to wait until school the next day

We had call but we also had the invention of MSN messenger.

I spent my teenage years sat on that hammering away to my friends.......

Tee hee

cordy

Banned
Had to wait until the next day and mention it at school. Great times though, it was powerful back then. HHH was such a great heel I remember still being pissed the next morning.

Menome

I think it's fine, but everyone seems really down on it

I've watched every episode of NXT since Takeover: Brooklyn and don't regret it. Yeah, there was a bit of a dip earlier this year when talent went up to the main roster, but that's just going from 'great' to 'good'. It's hardly at lowest-levels-of-RAW bad.

klonere

Banned
Heavily tempted to buy TF2, it'll be the first shooter I'll have bought anywhere close to launch since....Bad Company 2 I think.

Had to wait until the next day and mention it at school. Great times though, it was powerful back then. HHH was such a great heel I remember still being pissed the next morning.

I remember a Kurt angle match - not sure which one - but he got someone in an ankle lock and said 'I'm gonna break your Fucking ankle!' so close to the camera

We spoke about it with such shock the next day the teachers banned anyone mentioning Kurt Angle's name at all. The same thing happened when a kid's pokemon cards got nicked.

You risked detention just mentioning it.... it became like a black market thing

The Cubs don't play Golf.
Or soccer.

I remember a Kurt angle match - not sure which one - but he got someone in an ankle lock and said 'I'm gonna break your Fucking ankle!' so close to the camera

We spoke about it with such shock the next day the teachers banned anyone mentioning Kurt Angle's name at all. The same thing happened when a kid's pokemon cards got nicked.

You risked detention just mentioning it.... it became like a black market thing
P sure that was in his Rock match at No Way Out '01.

P sure that was in his Rock match at No Way Out '01.

No way out 2001 is surely one of the best PPV's ever?

HHH vs Stone cold - one of the best ever
Angle vs Rock
triple threat tables tag match - Dudleys, E&C and brothers of destruction
four way intercontinental match - jericho, benoit, guerrero xpac....

wow

Recall

No way out 2001 is surely one of the best PPV's ever?

HHH vs Stone cold - one of the best ever
Angle vs Rock
triple threat tables tag match - Dudleys, E&C and brothers of destruction
four way intercontinental match - jericho, benoit, guerrero xpac....

wow

Yep it's a great show, that is toppled by WM17 and then nothing major is great again until Summerslam if memory serves.

Menome

Well, I'm looking forward to playing Tyranny next week. I'm going to create Vigo Meekman and make everybody I come across fight to the death with each other.

Anth0ny

It's like you guys have never even watched an NWA/WCW PPV!

>_>

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit ****1/4
Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon (Hardcore) ***
Dudleyz vs. Hardyz vs. Edge & Christian (TLC) ****3/4
Triple H vs. Undertaker (Relaxed Rules) ***1/2
The Rock vs. Steve Austin (No DQ) ****1/2

Chris Jericho vs. Triple H (Last Man Standing) ****1/2
The Rock vs. Chris Benoit ****1/4

The stars don't lie, friend.

Zach

Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit ****1/4
Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon (Hardcore) ***
Dudleyz vs. Hardyz vs. Edge & Christian (TLC) ****3/4
Triple H vs. Undertaker (Relaxed Rules) ***1/2
The Rock vs. Steve Austin (No DQ) ****1/2

Chris Jericho vs. Triple H (Last Man Standing) ****1/2
The Rock vs. Chris Benoit ****1/4

The stars don't lie, friend.
The only star I'm familiar with is THE MECCA OF MANHOOD SHAWN THE STAR STASIAK.

Kaladin

What did PPVs cost back in the WWF / WCW days?

I ask because, I remember during my time working for DirecTV, one person had an account who bought every wrestling and combat sport related PPV available and their bill was always crazy high because of it. This was when WWE and TNA PPVs were $40 or more and UFC was up their as well.

How could people do this every month? That's almost $150 per month assuming WWE, TNA and UFC only have one event. I couldn't imagine spending that much on wrestling per month.

Top Bottom