• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

ReiGun

TNA got fucking bailed out again

CwWovGNVEAAF0Ng.jpg:large
What demon has Dixie Carter made a blood pact with? It's amazing how many chances this company gets.

Zach

Souled Out 98 is great and that famous double combo in the summer of 1996 really stand out. Which are your favourite WCW PPVs?
- Great American Bash '89
- SuperBrawl II
- Beach Blast '92

There are some really great early nWo era PPVs, too. And I love a lot of the Clashes even though they're not PPVs.

Zach

Beach Blast '92 said:
Non Title Falls Count Anywhere Match
Cactus Jack vs. Sting

Non Title 30 Minute Iron Man Challenge Match
Rick Rude vs. Ricky Steamboat

Six Man Tag Team Match (Special Referee: Ole Anderson)
Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes & Nikita Koloff vs. The Dangerous Alliance (Arn Anderson, Beautiful Bobby & Steve Austin) (w/Paul E. Dangerously)

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner) (c) vs. Steve Williams & Terry Gordy
Yes... YES!

cordy

Banned
I remember a Kurt angle match - not sure which one - but he got someone in an ankle lock and said 'I'm gonna break your Fucking ankle!' so close to the camera

We spoke about it with such shock the next day the teachers banned anyone mentioning Kurt Angle's name at all. The same thing happened when a kid's pokemon cards got nicked.

You risked detention just mentioning it.... it became like a black market thing

That's awesome lmao.

I remember my school actually were selling fake Pokemon cards out of the bookstore. You could see through them and everything. They were making a killing.

Raw64life

Can't say I have any desire to see Taker/Cena, but I have even less desire to see Taker/Orton again.

Give me Taker/Styles. Or Taker/Rollins if Taker is certain it will be his last match and doesn't mind suffering a career ending injury.

Caderfix

So Da Meltz is reporting that the Orton Wyatt stuff might be for a build towards Randy vs Taker at 'Mania.

Does that means Randy is just pretending to be a Wyatt so he can outsmart Bray and win the subsequent feud? Yep, that does sound right.

Bray should go through rehab and retire both taker AND Kane.

Anth0ny

i still don't understand how anyone looks at tna and goes

yeah this is a good investment

this will work out well

spike, destination america, pop tv, billy corrigan and now add fight network to the list

christ

year this is a good investment

this will work out well

spike, destination america, pop tv, billy corrigan and now add fight network to the list

christ
Some people are dumb, very dumb. Tna doesn't even turn profits, you're basically throwing away money.

Kaladin

TNA would be great for someone with deep pockets like Anthem Sports. They could come in, clear all of their debts and announce that TNA as a company is starting off with a clean slate under new management.

Then, you'll get people willing to give them a second look including viewers.

Hasney

I assume that Fight Network has the numbers of viewers of TNA on their network and see them continuing as a key part of their business. They're going to skin it to the bone with 4 tapings a year and no tours to keep costs way down and I assume some of the higher paid guys like Lashley are gone.

Pikma

Banned

year this is a good investment

this will work out well

christ
Carny business attracts carny people

Anth0ny

TNA would be great for someone with deep pockets like Anthem Sports. They could come in, clear all of their debts and announce that TNA as a company is starting off with a clean slate under new management.

Then, you'll get people willing to give them a second look including viewers.

you will?

yeah this is a good investment

this will work out well

christ
Lots of stupid investors out there who will fall for shit like "Look at the mid to late 90's and see that year over year growth? THAT COULD BE US!"

I refuse to believe they're doing Taker/Orton at Mania. That's even worse sounding than Brock/Shane at Mania.

Please don't do this friend.

We saw what happened when people refused to believe half of this past Mania was happening, and that made the 8 hours of hell even worse.

There's still time to be saved

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
they still see orton as an untouchable top tier full time guy alongside cena and reigns. wouldn't be surprised at all if they slotted him in with taker.

I mean, the guy is still crazy popular. The reactions that he gets every week are up there with the top stars still. The pop when he came out just right before he turned heel was massive.

The Orton stuff I see in this thread is always so weird to me. It's like this denial that people really like him. Not that I want to see Taker/Orton again (their first match was awesome, this won't touch that).

they still see orton as an untouchable top tier full time guy alongside cena and reigns. wouldn't be surprised at all if they slotted him in with taker.
You are ruining my day... don't make me ruin your life!
/LapsedVince

Please don't do this friend.

We saw what happened when people refused to believe half of this past Mania was happening, and that made the 8 hours of hell even worse.

There's still time to be saved
Ok, I'll accept it if half the roster goes down with injuries again.

Anth0ny

So for Mania...

Brock/Shane
Taker/Orton
Cena/AJ #45 for title
Goldberg/Reigns for title
Rollins/HHH
Charlotte/Sasha #6000
maaaaaaaaaaybe Jericho/Owens #12

jobber IC ladder match
jobber US ladder match
jobber andre battle royale