• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

I've watched every episode of NXT since Takeover: Brooklyn and don't regret it. Yeah, there was a bit of a dip earlier this year when talent went up to the main roster, but that's just going from 'great' to 'good'. It's hardly at lowest-levels-of-RAW bad.

I meant specifically Sanity, but yeah, I agree with you on general NXT

Recall

Fuck it, time to order that boxset. That opening gate and that opener. The build up commercials, just everything was great for that ppv.

Summerslam is such an important staple in the WWE calendar and most of the time it really delivers on the goods.

Ithil

CwWC-aUWgAAxTbl.jpg

WWE piggybacking.

"We're relevant, please believe us"

What did PPVs cost back in the WWF / WCW days?

I ask because, I remember during my time working for DirecTV, one person had an account who bought every wrestling and combat sport related PPV available and their bill was always crazy high because of it. This was when WWE and TNA PPVs were $40 or more and UFC was up their as well.

How could people do this every month? That's almost $150 per month assuming WWE, TNA and UFC only have one event. I couldn't imagine spending that much on wrestling per month.
Back in the day it was 30 bucks. I remember one period of time it was 24.99.
Summerslam is such an important staple in the WWE calendar and most of the time it really delivers on the goods.
Usually if Mania didn't deliver, SS would make up for it.

ReiGun

Slater as the last in ring survivor of Nexus* in WWE is something I don't think anyone expected.
Masterful jobber.

*original nexus, none of this Husky Harris nonsense.
Hey Darren Young is still around. Granted he just morphed into Bob Backlund instead of having his own gimmick, but still.

Still, between WWF and WCW, $60 a month to watch Wrasslin was a lot then.

In the UK we'd get the smaller shows like Vengeance and backlash for free on Channel 4 or sky sports at like 2am or something

The big four usually required sky box office PPV payments but they were only ever like £14.99

We always used to know a kid that 'taped' the shows overnight and we'd all go round his Monday night and watch it.

No spoilers back then too which was nice

Recall

In the UK we'd get the smaller shows like Vengeance and backlash for free on Channel 4 or sky sports at like 2am or something

The big four usually required sky box office PPV payments but they were only ever like £14.99

We always used to know a kid that 'taped' the shows overnight and we'd all go round his Monday night and watch it.

No spoilers back then too which was nice

I finished high school in 2000 and I remember all piling around a friends house to watch Judgement Day 2000 as we had exams on the Monday morning so couldn't go bed late like normal, waited all day to watch the tape his Mum had recorded.

Watching WWF at 1am til 4am killed me the next day at school.

Lothar

Banned
What did PPVs cost back in the WWF / WCW days?

I ask because, I remember during my time working for DirecTV, one person had an account who bought every wrestling and combat sport related PPV available and their bill was always crazy high because of it. This was when WWE and TNA PPVs were $40 or more and UFC was up their as well.

How could people do this every month? That's almost $150 per month assuming WWE, TNA and UFC only have one event. I couldn't imagine spending that much on wrestling per month.

It wasn't typical to order a PPV and watch it by yourself. They were bigger deals than Raw or Nitro. You'd want to gather your friends. We had a group where we would each chip in $5 for each PPV.

Hasney

Just started the latest Lucha and goddamn, I can't believe I care about Cortez. It's so nice having a show like this where everyone has a little story.

Dario is drinking a lot in character and giggling. This is great.

Also, Mil is in a suit and it's not explained why #Heel

Kaladin

It won't be. Dixie is still there and this is a credit facility.

Anthem is a media company that owns The Fight Network. I just hope they have money to keep a floundering wrestling org afloat long enough to try and turn it around.

Maybe they can minimize Dixie's day to day with the Board of Managers.

Kaladin

Some confirmation from PWINSIDER:

Anthem Sports & Entertainment, which is the parent company of the Fight Network, will be funding TNA going forward and that they will also be responsible for all major decisions going forward. While Dixie Carter remains with the company, effectively, she is out of power and Anthem is in control. The press release also states that Billy Corgan is gone from the company, which would lead one to believe he has been paid his loan back.

Just started the latest Lucha and goddamn, I can't believe I care about Cortez. It's so nice having a show like this where everyone has a little story.

Dario is drinking a lot in character and giggling. This is great.

Also, Mil is in a suit and it's not explained whywhy #Heel

HHH stealing gimmicks? KO is in a suit now

Fox318

Of all the matchups why do they think we want to see Taker and Orton again at mania?

Not even a stiff on Orton just seems dumb.

Only Match I would want to see Taker come back for at this point is Sting (If he is healthy enough)

Hasney

Rey V Chavo Loser Leaves Lucha was fun as hell.

Great match, then Chavo Fucking Classic gets involved and threatens to hit Rey with a chair... But hits Chavo to give him the win by DQ. Dario calls out the ref for forgetting how much he likes violence and it continues. Rey gets the win

Top Bottom