• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

imBask

Banned
Great American Bash '91

PN News and Bobby Eaton vs Stunning Steve Austin and Terrance Taylor in a shaky scaffold match : D-
Diamond Razor Ramon vs The Z Man : D
Ozvember vs Ron Simmons : D-
I don't know who these 2 guys are : D
Goldust trying to imitate his daddeh lol, followed by a tag match : F

Some dude with a dog just showed up
omg his name is The Yellow Dog lol
omg that's Brian Pillman! Match : D-

Blackblood? vs Big Josh? : D+ (MoTN so far)
El Gigante vs One Man Gang : D-
Koloff vs Sting chain match: D+
Luger vs Windham in a cage match : B
Steiner vs Anderson & Heyman : D

Average : D

Zach

- Ozvember. :D
- Stone Cold gonna come after you for not knowing the Rock 'n' Roll Express.
- Did you enjoy the chants for Flair during the world title match? And probably the whole event?

Zach

10% is not an F in imbask's world of make-believe (Canada). That's how they graduate from schoolin' up there.

Cagey

Banned
Sanity looks like someone put the Shield, the Wyatt family, and Trump supporting militiamen into a blender.

I'm a sucker for factions so I'm in.

I bet Vince thinks Trump totally has a shot so when his buddy loses he is going to be pissed and wrestling is going to extra suck for a few weeks

Someone help Ryback. Poor guy is claiming he beat AJ Style more then once at that 'other place' when the two apparently fought once and it was a match that AJ won.

His technique is flawed. These PPVs are bad but have SOME, slight redeeming quality

Nah, you just being too optimistic.

Believe me, eventually you see shit that you know right after you watch them, you've been broken and you're never gonna be the same again. I was just like you and the optimistic side of Zach for a bit, I didn't want to admit wrestling could be bad. It was around 2006, I had watched this new thing called TNA since I discovered it one day on Fox Sports Net and decided to watch the 2 years I missed.

Holy fucking god, those 2 years.

Being a young idiot, I thought I could wash the taste out of my mouth after I finally finished all of it...with some legends in an indy PPV. So I used one of my last bits of allowance on a DVD called Heroes of Wrestling. Jesus Fucking Christ, I wouldn't wish any of you viewing that unless you were actually paid to, and even then it'd better be near triple digits what they're paying you because that's work.

DMczaf

Wasn't it also the origin of ajstyles.gif?

tumblr_o5uzcfRdbG1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

It was the origin of many great things.

I just hope they don't have to tone it down for season 2.
I doubt it. Edge himself was surprised that they got the okay on all the jokes and expected to be told no. The same would likely continue for season 2.

I mean, so long as they don't write in a Krispin Wah joke they should be good.

Lmao I know this is a joke but what if Vince planned the screw job when Bret tried to leave him the first time like they make fun of in the lapsed fan?

Someone help Ryback. Poor guy is claiming he beat AJ Style more then once at that 'other place' when the two apparently fought once and it was a match that AJ won.
I've genuinely wondered how delusional he is. So many of his "This happened in WWE!" stories reek of not having happened. "Vince told me I do this and then I would be king but Punk was blah and blah" - it's finding relevance, but not in a PR way. More in a, not realising he was irrelevant to begin with way. It's quite sad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Were there dummies in this thread saying WCW went down due to ratings? Did I Really miss that ignorance while I was asleep? That WCW would be TNA level if it was still around?

WCW in its dying days were doing the same ratings Raw is doing now and consistently higher ratings than Smackdown.

I'm sure you could make an argument that 15 more years of Eric Bischoff would have resulted in WCW still being a viable financial entity.

I won't cosign it, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW's demise was due to the people at Turner office not wanting it. Money or ratings weren't an issue. They wanted it gone at its peak. Everyone but Turner himself hated that they were doing wrestling. Turner was the one that told them, 'no I like WCW we're going to keep doing it'.

They could have printed billions daily and the office would still have wanted it gone because 'wrasslin'

Recall

WCW's demise was due to the people at Turner office not wanting it. Money or ratings weren't an issue. They wanted it gone at its peak. Everyone but Turner himself hated that they were doing wrestling. Turner was the one that told them, 'no I like WCW we're going to keep doing it'.

They could have printed billions daily and the office would still have wanted it gone because 'wrasslin'

Vince Russo pissing off Hogan and this is what happens. WCW is dead, bro.

Recall

It's hard to listen to the latest Lapsed Fan as Anarchy Rulz 99 was my very first ECW show. It was a tremendous blast to watch and I have nostalgia for it in the worst kind of way so hearing people rip it to shreds hurts, even if there are a few bits of truth to the shows flaws.

After that show I purchased over the following year every ECW tape possible thanks to RF and tape traders. I still have the VHS collection in the attic too.

Heatwave 98 is still the best original ECW PPV too, with Barely Legal right behind it.

Jerry Lynn vs Lance Storm best opening PPV match of 1999 with Blitzkrieg vs Juvi from WCW Spring Stampede 99 right behind it too.

Looks like Becky Lynch and Kane were on the BBC this morning, since the WWE is over here this week.

CwkpfxTXcAAGSR-.jpg:small

Kane wearing his mask with a jumper and jeans is killing me.

Top Bottom