• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

KissVibes

Banned
Every indie wrestling company needs to take some fucking classes on lighting. If your camera isn't great, low lighting conditions fucking suck FOR EVERYONE.

Ithil

418072_lg.jpg

Possibly the Royal Rumble poster. We'll see if it's official.

strobogo

Banned
These Russo shows, especially Nitro, are so exhausting. There's just so much going on that it is mentally draining to get through them. It's like the opposite of current Raw, which is so exhausting because not enough is going on. Russo runs 6 weeks of TV per show.

“You have no idea how difficult that was to get the IC Title, the white IC Title, which Big E Langston is now our new Intercontinental Champion and that was such a cool thing for him, to see that and see it still around. It makes me feel happy because that was such a pain to get done. Not many people know this; I paid for the title to be recreated. I was refunded, heavily refunded, but I paid to show it to the man and say, “Listen, this will get a reaction, that you might not think it will and here’s why,” you know? And I’m very happy to see it still in existence.”

cool on cody for taking some initative. IC title looks so good with the classic look.

KissVibes

Banned
Cena wins the the rumble as WHC. Randy Orton loses to Punk at the Rumble for the WWE title. Cena beats Punk at WM to become the first* undisputed champion.

*WWE is rewriting history.

Daniel Bryan and Ziggler were set to take on Cory Graves and some other unlikable NXT guy but the match was cut to make room for Miz TV.

I'm all for goofy patriotic angles, but that 2CW angle just now was something else.

Now it's Elgin v. AR Fox, and AR Fox has already tried to kill himself 100 times...

Skipping 2CW for DAT GLORY

Every indie wrestling company needs to take some fucking classes on lighting. If your camera isn't great, low lighting conditions fucking suck FOR EVERYONE.

Reminds me of the chikara ppv, looked like it took place in the shadow realm

Yo I hate this shit so much. And then you have people poopooing shows with ring lighting because it's too bright

Wot

Troc is cool though, that's Chikara's fault for being lazy as fuck

KissVibes

Banned
Skipping 2CW for DAT GLORY

Yo I hate this shit so much. And then you have people poopooing shows with ring lighting because it's too bright

Wot

Troc is cool though, that's Chikara's fault for being lazy as fuck

Dude, I couldn't see shit. The lighting and low quality of the 2CW stream made it difficult to watch and enjoy.

Kaladin

Oh god.....the Wrestlemania 12 HBK vs Bret Hart Iron Man Match in 2k14 is actually a 60 minute Iron Man match in the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode.....no, just no.

And one of the historical objectives is to actually go the distance with it being 0 - 0.

Nope.

strobogo

Banned
Oh god.....the Wrestlemania 12 HBK vs Bret Hart Iron Man Match in 2k14 is actually a 60 minute Iron Man match in the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode.....no, just no.

And one of the historical objectives is to actually go the distance with it being 0 - 0.

Nope.

It definitely isn't an hour. At most you'll play for 10 minutes.

Kaladin

It definitely isn't an hour. At most you'll play for 10 minutes.

Good...the thought of playing a single match for an hour, and actively trying to not get a pinfall is making me tap out for the night. It's probably a good thing that the devs saw that too.

Nope.

I have some good news for you.

No it's not. I thought so too. But there are a lot of time skips in it thanks to cut scenes. More like ten minutes.

It's also dirt easy to go 0-0 since Bret won't really hurt you enough to get an instant tap with the Sharpshooter

Edit: Beaten by the musical master

Also if you think that's annoying wait until the later ones LOOKING AT YOU HBK VS CENA

Good...the thought of playing a single match for an hour, and actively trying to not get a pinfall is making me tap out for the night. It's probably a good thing that the devs saw that too.

I honestly used to play all the N64 wrestling games like this except WCW Revenge which had a 20 to 30 minute time limit, the matches I would have would be like an hour before I decided it was enough and pinned the opponent. One of the reasons i wish WWE All Stars had more options you couldn't prolong your matches since they would end after finishers.

KissVibes

Banned
That bad? My friend send me a screencap on Twitter.. It looked super dark and purple. How bad was the stream?

It was like watching an iphone or lumia 920 video in a dark room uploaded to youtube with the only setting being 360p. You could see shit happening but it was pretty hard to enjoy it. I even turned the brightness up on my tv to max.

I had to give up watching because both the bitrate and lighting was so bad in combination with each-other.

It was like watching an iphone or lumia 920 video in a dark room uploaded to youtube with the only setting being 360p. You could see shit happening but it was pretty hard to enjoy it. I even turned the brightness up on my tv to max.

I had to give up watching because both the bitrate and lighting was so bad in combination with each-other.

Bah... That bites. At least it was free though. Good on them for just doing that for fun.

Kaladin

I have some good news for you.

No it's not. I thought so too. But there are a lot of time skips in it thanks to cut scenes. More like ten minutes.

It's also dirt easy to go 0-0 since Bret won't really hurt you enough to get an instant tap with the Sharpshooter

Edit: Beaten by the musical master

Also if you think that's annoying wait until the later ones LOOKING AT YOU HBK VS CENA

I mean to watch Man Of Steel tonight, one can only deal with so much Superman.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 11/8/99

The tournament for the WCW Championship continues. We'll see how many DQs, eliminated participants, and gimmick matches will take place this week.

TO THE PRODUCTION TRUCK. Sid is in the truck telling someone to play a tape when he gives the cue. OR ELSE. Could this be the proof of Goldberg quitting he's been talking about for 2 weeks?

Oh shit, they're in Indy! I definitely didn't go to this show. I never saw WCW at Conseco. Fuck, I love the Field House. It's really one of my favorite buildings I've ever been to. It's so...homey, despite being all brick and stone.

Sid comes to the ring. He talks about The Outsiders trying to screw him last week. If you get into a battle of wits with Sid, you will lose that battle. He changes his focus to Goldberg. We see footage of Goldberg "quitting". It was Goldberg talking to the ref with Sid yelling "I QUIT" over the house mic. The Outsiders come out. Hall has the US Championship, which he stole from Sid, who stole it from Bret, who won it from Goldberg because of Sid and The Outsiders. Sid says Hall screwed him. Hall says he doesn't lay down for anyone, because that's not how the Kliq operates. I guess "screwed" is okay to say now. Bret Hart comes out. We're talking about panties now. Bret called them either panty wastes or pussies. I guess Hall challenged Bret to a US Championship match. As Bret heads to the ring, Goldberg comes out of the crowd and spears Sid. Goldberg challenges Sid to an I Quit match. He then challenges The Outsiders to a game of hide and seek.

We're shown the tournament brackets for tonight. Lex Luger and Sting advance to the quarter finals due to injuries of Meng and Lex Luger. We'll see Sting vs Goldberg tonight.

ibd9RNIyGlmtns.gif

iMlWRpxD6SISU.gif

iwyMImuMZdTRM.gif

ibak6HGxrjtEfL.gif

TO THE BACK. Tenay talks to Sting about the match with Goldberg and Lex Luger being a snake. Elsewhere, Liz and Lex arrive undercover.

Recap of David Flair getting hit by a car last week.

EARLIER TODAY.
Kim arrived and asked Doug Dillinger to get extra security for her.

TO THE BACK.
The Outsiders are hanging out thinking about getting security tonight. Nash has his manager's license now. However, they cut to commercial while he was talking.

The Filthy Animals are in the ring talking about mutts and humping. Dean and Asya come out. Dean/Asya vs Rey/Torrie. "Are you still working that knee, Rey, hehe?" Dean looks like he really hates being at work. He's looked miserable for weeks, actually.

Norman Smiley vs Kidman

We're informed that we'll see Hall vs Sid vs Bret vs Goldberg in a ladder match to determine the real US Champion. Bret is the real US Champion. It's pretty undisputed. Knobs comes out for color. Norman is dress in an Indiana Ice uniform. Knobs beats on Norman with a hockey stick on the floor. He rolls Norman back in the ring and Kidman pins Norman to advance in the tournament.

TO THE BACK. Sting is looking for Lex. Lex is hiding in a laundry room. Elsewhere, David Flair has arrived with his crowbar. Elsewhere elsewhere, Kevin Nash is getting prepared for his managerial role tonight.

Sting comes to the ring. He calls Lex to the ring. Liz comes out instead and trips on the ramp, even though it is covered up specifically because women would be walking on it with heels. She says that Lex values his friendship very much and wouldn't do anything to damage that. Sting doesn't buy it and hugs her. Then tells her that she is to call Lex out immediately. Lex comes out. He says they belong together, just like they always have. And that he loves Sting. Is he trying to fuck Sting? It seems like he's trying to fuck Sting. "If you ever SWERVE me again, I'll get ya!"

iotTtTpXQUQ9l.gif

TO THE BACK. Kim enters her locker room. The lights go out and David Flair's voice is heard. I think he's about to rape her. I suppose that's how you get revenge for someone running you over with a car in Vince Russo's mind.

Madusa vs Chris Benoit

Benoit isn't happy to have to wrassle a woman. If only he felt that way about killing women. He did chop the shit out of her. Evan Karagias comes out and pulls the ref out of the ring, I assume to get him to stop the match. This happens a few times until the ref decks Evan. They then get into a fist fight that other refs have to break up. During this, Jeff Jarrett ran in to attack Benoit, causing a DQ. Benoit advances. After the match, Jarrett says it isn't the WWF and they don't hit women here. So Madusa attacks him and he bails from the ring, saying he screwed her out of the tournament before leaving.

iANP7BRYRKVPV.gif

TO THE POWERS THAT BE.
Chavo meets with Dr. Russo Claw about his "Golden opportunity" that he won by winning a battle royal on Thunder. Russo says it was a ham and egger battle royal and the opportunity was a suit case of Amway materials. Russo managed to bury 8 guys at once.

TO THE BACK. Jim Duggan is cleaning TPTB's toilet.

Disco Inferno vs Rick Steiner WCW TV Championship

Tony Marinara comes to the announce table with a bucket of concrete, saying he's been carrying Glenn his whole life and and wants his money. Rick hits Disco with the bucket and pins him shortly after.

TO THE BACK.
Sting and Goldberg get pumped up.

Goldberg hype video.

TO THE BACK
. Scott Hall is talking to riot police. Kevin Nash comes out of the bathroom. He's the Grand Wizard this week, complete with powder, chloroform (more like boreoform), and brass knuckles. Hall thinks they should try to make up with Sid.

The Diva Search finalists are in the ring and do their own routine that is actually better than the actual Nitro Girls' routines. During this, AC Jazz hits the ring and tells them all to leave. She calls them all skanks. Spice comes out to say those girls aren't skanks. Spice calls AC Jazz a hoe and they get into a cat fight before the rest of the group come out and seem to split into two sides.

TO THE BACK
. Kim is in the boiler room, apparently having an orgasm while hiding from David Flair.

ibj9Y4RWlogcnC.gif

Seven comes to the ring. Well, he flies to the ring. When they showed his face during the entrance, it was clearly Dustin Rhodes, yet Brain and Tony both have no idea who this could be. Once he gets to the ring, he tells everyone to take a long look at the crap he was in. He left the WWF for gimmicks like that. "If all of you don't know, I was Goldust, and Goldust sucked." Lol. He's gone back to Goldust at least 5 times since then and is BY FAR the most successful he ever was in wrestling, AND Russo was really the one who made the gimmick what it was, so I have no idea why Goldust is getting buried. WCW is home for him. He just wants to be Dustin, but TPTB thought that Dustin sucks and was boring. "Oh, and my new name is Seven, by the way." He tells TPTB to take Goldust and Seven and shove them up their asses. And kiss his ass. His dad called him and he was fired like a piece of shit. So now Dustin is going to make Russo's, TNT's, and WCW's lives a living hell. "Tonight, and forever more, you will never forget the name of...Dustin Rhodes." A guy comes out and completely buries his gimmick, the company, the writers, and the WWF. So Russo it hurts. And Russo even buried a character he created.

ibydff70OwxQnQ.gif

i60xGNBSxxmye.gif

TO THE BACK. Sting heads to the ring. Elsewhere, David and Kim are still in an awful DTV horror movie. Elsewhere elsewhere, Lex and Liz are hatching a plan to make up with Sting.

Sting vs Goldberg

Sting is basically a face again. His heel turn lasted about a month and a half and they just gave up on it. He didn't really get an actual turn, he was just a face again by default. I'm okay with it, because heel Sting is pretty iffy at best. I did like his pseudo heel work in TNA when he was acting like a heel, but was really a face when Hogan and Bischoff came in. I believe this is the 4th time this match has happened this year. Only one of them was promoted. I'm sure the prior segment means this is going to end with Lex coming out. Sting locks on a sleeper in the first minute. Lex and Liz come out. There is a ref bump. Sting gets sprayed by hair spray or pepper spray. It was allegedly supposed to be for Goldberg. Spear and jackhammer for the win in a match that was even shorter than the Havoc match, which was just over 3 minutes. This was literally Sting locking on a sleeper for about a minute, Lex and Liz coming out, the spray, spear, and jackhammer.

TO THE BACK. Sid talks with Scott Hall and The Grand Wizard. Rick Steiner shows up and they kind of argue. Elsewhere, Lex and Liz walk by Jim Duggan mopping the floor. Elsewhere elsewhere, Kim finds a security guard that just happens to be David Flair. Of course. Elsewhere elsewhere elsewhere, Tenay talks to Vampiro and the Misfits. Vamp is now full on Misfits dude. Fuck yo ICP.

Buff Bagwell vs Vampiro

The Misfits attack Buff during his entrance. Buff fights them all off. The ref was poked in the eye or something. Berlyn comes out and hits Vamp with a chain. Blockbuster for the win. Buff advances. Berlyn and The Wall beat up The Misfits after the match. Creative Control then attack Berlyn.

TO THE BACK. Lex is on the floor saying he blew his knee out. I forgot to mention he took a wet floor sign from Duggan earlier. After the break, he was on a stretcher trying to get pain meds.

Saturn vs Bret Hart

Shane is on color. Shane immediately buries Bret. Saturn works over Bret's injured leg. Shane saying Bret is old, washed up, and sucks doesn't seems so smart when Bret is beating Saturn. 5MOD. Asya distracts the ref. Shane gets in the ring and hits Bret with his cast. DVD. Bret kicks out. Dean attacks Bret on the floor. Benoit comes out and fights Dean off. Saturn dives on to both of them. Sunset flip is rolled through into a Sharpshooter. Bret advances.

TO THE BACK.
Kim begs Creative Control to help her with David. Maybe she should just leave. Elsewhere, The Grand Wizard does a Great Carnac spot. "3:16." "3:16." "The number of times The Undertaker has worked a PPV main event with Austin." Hall then says he was drunk for an entire year. Elsewhere elsewhere, Liz and Lex were working a fake injury angle in front of no one.

Booker T. comes to the ring. Stevie was suspended for not defeating Buff last week. But Creative Control caused him to get disqualified. What kind of bullshit is that? Booker is sick of them, TPTB, and Jeff Jarrett. He calls them all out. Jeff and Creative Control come out.

Creative Control vs Booker T. Harlem Street Fight

Get these bald shit heads out of here. Jeff hit the ring. However, some Amazon black woman hit the ring. Jeff hit her with the guitar. The future Midnight was laid out in her first appearance. And this street fight ends in a DQ.

iBDRBjuj06eQe.gif

TO THE BACK. Asya and Dean, and Rey and Torrie head to the ring. Elsewhere, the Grand Wizard talks with the riot squad. Elsewhere elsewhere, Tenay talks to Lex and Liz. Lex just can't compete tonight. TBTB said that Lex would be out of the tournament if he didn't face Sid tonight.

Torrie Wilson/Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Asya/Dean Malenko

Torrie is wearing giant heels for a wrestling match. Asya immediately handcuffs her to the turnbuckle. Asya throws Rey around. The reason the Filthy Animals were stripped of the titles at Halloween Havoc was because Rey had a knee injury. But they operated under Freebird Rules anyway, so there was really no need to strip them. They could have just has Kidman and Konnan defend the titles. Rey taps out to the Cloverleaf in a solid 2 minutes.

TO THE BACK
. Sid heads to the ring with the riot squad. Elsewhere, Kim is hanging out in the showers when David shows up again. JUST LEAVE THE FUCKING BUILDING. Kim doesn't even need to be there. DDP is out hurt (actually filming Ready to Rumble) and Kim quit the Nitro Girls. She has no reason to be there. David Flair no sold getting ran over by a car.

The Total Package vs Sid

Liz wheels Lex out. He says he just can't compete. Sting came out and sent Liz away. Then he attacks Lex and throws him into the ring. Liz came back out to shield Lex. Sid moves her out of the way and continued to beat up Lex. Lex sells the fake knee injury the whole super short match. Goldberg comes out and spears Sid again. He spears Lex as well. I'll assume this was a DQ, but maybe a double DQ.

inuas7fOTCYR3.gif

Brian Knobs vs Bam Bam Big Yellow Hardcore Match

The winner will face Norman at Mayhem for the Hardcore Championship. Also, Berlyn vs Vampiro in a chain match has been signed for the PPV. Fucking Knobs. That fat cunt. I can't believe he hasn't died yet. They head into the crowd and I don't give a fuck because fuck Brian Knobs. Fat fucking cunt. Norman is on color. They head backstage. Norman is actually doing color on a mic and is following them around. Kim shows up to ask Bam Bam for help with David. He leaves with her. Knobs wins via count out in a hardcore match.

TO THE BACK.
The Outsiders and riot squad head to the ring. Elsewhere, Bam Bam is looking for David.

Scott Hall vs Lash LeRoux

I wonder who will win this match. I will say this for Hall, he does seem like he's in a lot better of a head space than he was at any point than 1998. "You sound like Dick Vitale." "Really?" "No." I commend Brain for trying to put Lash over, but Lash was obviously never going to be a big star. Hall wins with the Outsider's Edge. Naturally, one of the riot squad members was actually Goldberg. The Grand Wizard tried to throw Gold Bond into his face, but Goldberg slapped Nash's hand, sending it back into Nash's face. It wouldn't have mattered anyway since Goldberg had a riot guard helmet on. He spears both Outsiders.

ibqJ6QYKVNaST.gif

Curt Hennig vs Jeff Jarrett

Why would TPTB give a loop hole like Hennig has to be pinned instead of just Hennig loses and he's fired? I'm surprised Hennig hasn't buried the Mr. Perfect gimmick. They brawl on the floor for a bit and Jeff works over the leg. Ref bump. Perfect Plex. Creative Control pull Hennig out of the ring and beat him up. One of those bald fuckheads slammed him through a table. Jarrett advances via count out. Hennig isn't fired because he wasn't pinned.

TO THE BACK.
Kim is walking somewhere.

Kim comes to the ring. She calls David out to do whatever she's going to do in front of everyone. David comes out. Bam Bam runs out and attacks him. David beat him up with a crowbar. Kim runs into the crowd and David chases her.

TO THE BACK
. David chases Kim to her car. Kim drops her keys because this is a horror movie. David then busts the windows out of the car like MJ in the Black or White video. Creative Control wonder what the fuck is going on and David runs off.

Scott Hall vs Bret Hart vs Goldberg vs Sid WCW US Championship Ladder match

Even before entrances, there isn't even 7 minutes left in the show. For a 4 way ladder match. There was supposed to be a special referee for this match. The match has started and there is no ref. Kevin Nash walks out with a ladder and a referee shirt, so he's the special ref. Tony gets told that TPTB have signed Kim vs David Flair for Mayhem. None of these dudes give a fuck about the US Championship. They have a painter's ladder. Rick Steiner comes out and bulldogs Sid. Then he and Goldberg get into a fight. Nash lays Goldberg out. Bret gets the belt, but Nash hits him and gives the belt to Hall. New champion! A less than 5 minute 4 way ladder match. Only on Nitro.

DQ Count: 3 out of 12 matches.

Let's see: I don't believe any match went over 5 minutes or even to 5 minutes. This includes a 4 way ladder match. Kim being chased by David Flair the whole show, despite Kim have zero reason to be at the show and David being totally fine after getting hit by a car a week ago. Dustin Rhodes completely buries his current character and Goldust (which was his most successful gimmick by far, and a character that Russo was very much responsible for, which means Russo buried himself for no reason). A 2 minute Sting/Goldberg match done completely in passing. A count out in a hardcore match when both guys were already backstage. A DQ in a street fight. Another DQ and count out finish in the tournament. Multiple WWF references.

Kaladin

He stares directly into your soul....

i60xGNBSxxmye.gif

Stro, you forgot to mention that in addition to going back to the Goldust gimmick multiple times, he was booked in TNA as Black Reign, which was clearly a Goldust knockoff.

Black Reign, was also a Russo creation btw.

Didn't someone here tell a story about how they worked at Toys 'R' Us during Christmas and Goldust came around to the loading/unloading area demanding they sell him a child's bike?

strobogo

Banned
He stares directly into your soul....

i60xGNBSxxmye.gif

Stro, you forgot to mention that in addition to going back to the Goldust gimmick multiple times, he was booked in TNA as Black Reign, which was clearly a Goldust knockoff.

Black Reign, was also a Russo creation btw.

I didn't forget. I tried to forget, but I didn't forget to mention it. Black Reign was awful. The actual gimmick was Dustin had been driven insane by so many weird gimmicks that he created split personality, which was Goldust if he was black and white/gray instead of Gold and was a serial killer instead of ambiguously gay. I'm sure the rat instead of Marlena wasn't a coincidence.

Didn't someone here tell a story about how they worked at Toys 'R' Us during Christmas and Goldust came around to the loading/unloading area demanding they sell him a child's bike?

What the fuck/

What the fuck/

Here we go, I guess it wasn't a Wrasslegaffer:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38975742&postcount=10586

Deadspin article that talks about run-ins with wrestlers in public places:

I spent December of 1999 working several jobs in Gainesville. One of those jobs was on the loading dock at Toys ‘R Us. For an extra fee, customers could pay to have bikes, etc. built by employees instead of doing it themselves at home. An additional benefit was that big items, that were hard to hide, could be kept at the store until near Christmas.

On the night of December 23, I was at the back of the store and a series of customers came by with receipts to pick up their crap. I finally get to this giant dude who is posturing like a roided-up douche. I ask him for a receipt and he takes umbrage to store protocol. He drops a couple of f-bombs and makes a scene. The manager peeks out to assess the situation but he takes one look at the customer and literally runs back to his office.

Because I felt sorry for this piece of shit's kids, being so close to Christmas, I ask his last name to see if there is an invoice that matches the motorized car he claims to have purchased. He tells me his last name is Rhodes. After checking 50+ stored toys, I tell him there is no invoice with this name. He goes completely bananas. He begins by breathing through his nose like a horse and starts pressing up to me with his chest.

I calmly asked if beating-up a Toys ‘R Us worker was the best way to handle this situation - I was way past giving a fuck with this temp job. That did not go over well. At this point a wife/girlfriend stepped out of the car to intervene. No surprise she looked like someone who would bang a roided-up douche and someone who has: 1) caused lots of fights due to her choice of revealing attire; 2) had to cool-off this guy for flying off the handle on numerous occasions. I told them that I really wanted to help and asked if there was another name the invoice might have on it. Then the girlfriend gives me a different last name, Runnels, and, of course, there is the car right where it should be.

In the time it took for this to go down, there were a bunch of employees who had moved to the back to witness what was going on. After this dumbass left, one of my co-workers says, "I sold that car to him. That dude is a pro wrestler." He then explained that his name was "Goldust" but that he was also "Dusty Rhodes, Jr." or some shit like that. The whole story thing made very little sense to me. But I realized that I almost got the shit kicked out of me because some asshole was shopping under his fake wrestling name instead of the name that WAS ON HIS CREDIT CARD.

http://deadspin.com/5917834/goldust-stays-in-character-at-toys-r-us-more-wrestler-run+ins

Top Bottom