• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Cena wins the the rumble as WHC. Randy Orton loses to Punk at the Rumble for the WWE title. Cena beats Punk at WM to become the first* undisputed champion.

*WWE is rewriting history.

Daniel Bryan and Ziggler were set to take on Cory Graves and some other unlikable NXT guy but the match was cut to make room for Miz TV.
I hope not. Bryan and Ziggler have to pass the torch to Corey Graves and CJ Parker. Make way for the future.
Wasn't that all his idea?!
Not only that, but i think I read that he did it to make gay/bisexual dudes more comfortable with coming out. Yeah.

strobogo

Banned
Orlando Jordan set gay/bi dudes back 40 years in the media. According to him/Russo, bisexual men are just creepy sex omnivores who think they are Lady Gaga. I think his portrayal of gay/bi guys is as bad or worse as the portrayals of gay men by guys like Lenny/Lodi, Kiwi, Goldust, and so on.

Darren Young is the first gay wrestler to not be booked as a creepy heel because he's gay. But the catch with him is that they don't acknowledge that he's gay on screen. They should acknowledge it and have him be the first gay wrestler that is portrayed as a normal guy and not some dick crazed and depraved individual. I know they've acknowledged it online, but to my knowledge it was never mentioned on screen. They just assumed everyone knew about it because it was online and turned the PTP face. I don't think that's enough. I think WWE has a real opportunity to make their BA* campaign really mean something with Darren Young. I feel like they could really help a lot of younger gay kids have a positive role model while they are coming to terms with their sexual identity and preferences.

I'm actually pretty stunned HHH or Vince haven't used Darren Young for the obvious publicity they could get from him.

Kaladin

Orlando Jordan set gay/bi dudes back 40 years in the media. According to him/Russo, bisexual men are just creepy sex omnivores who think they are Lady Gaga. I think his portrayal of gay/bi guys is as bad or worse as the portrayals of gay men by guys like Lenny/Lodi, Kiwi, Goldust, and so on.

It's a good thing the gimmick was less than a footnote in TNA and wrestling history and will only be remembered by marks like us fot LOLTNA or LOL Russo moments.

jred2k

Darren Young is the first gay wrestler to not be booked as a creepy heel because he's gay. But the catch with him is that they don't acknowledge that he's gay on screen. They should acknowledge it and have him be the first gay wrestler that is portrayed as a normal guy and not some dick crazed and depraved individual. I know they've acknowledged it online, but to my knowledge it was never mentioned on screen. They just assumed everyone knew about it because it was online and turned the PTP face. I don't think that's enough. I think WWE has a real opportunity to make their BA* campaign really mean something with Darren Young. I feel like they could really help a lot of younger gay kids have a positive role model while they are coming to terms with their sexual identity and preferences.

I'm actually pretty stunned HHH or Vince haven't used Darren Young for the obvious publicity they could get from him.

His coming out around SummerSlam didn't help the buyrate so hes getting buried.

KissVibes

Banned
I hope not. Bryan and Ziggler have to pass the torch to Corey Graves and CJ Parker. Make way for the future.

I forgot about CJ Parker.

Fuck man, even though I think Graves kinda sucks I know he's going to be a pretty popular guy. Women already think he's the best wrestler in the universe on tumblr.

I can't lie. Russo actually made David Flair a fascinating character by turning him into a deranged psychopath. Plus, we got this out of it:

Daffney-Shannon-Claire-Spruill_display_image.jpg

DXPett1

They should acknowledge it and have him be the first gay wrestler that is portrayed as a normal guy and not some dick crazed and depraved individual. I know they've acknowledged it online, but to my knowledge it was never mentioned on screen. They just assumed everyone knew about it because it was online and turned the PTP face. I don't think that's enough. I think WWE has a real opportunity to make their BA* campaign really mean something with Darren Young. I feel like they could really help a lot of younger gay kids have a positive role model while they are coming to terms with their sexual identity and preferences.

They have acknowledged it. It was all over their website and various social media. They haven't pointed in out on TV is not a bad thing, its actually the best thing they can possibly do. Why? Because depicting Darren Young as no different as he was before his announcement is the perfect way to send the message that gay's (or LGBT) are just the same as everybody else sans the sexuality of their partners. Making a point of someone being gay only makes a spectacle when the objective is to be inclusive, average, normal etc..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember when the internet learned of OJ's myspace. What a fun day.

So, I've been thinking about the Rhodes Bros and where their storyline can go. I honestly think they're the two most likeable faces in the WWE currently. Punk is just IMA GUY face, Big Show is the spotlight stealing selfish fatso who assaults people, Daniel Bryan is the guy who comes off as a manchild in both his constant taunting, screaming and unkempt hair. Cena's an asshole. Big E is pretty likeable but you know, midcard. I'm thinking of main event right now. Cody vs Goldust will happen, likely at Wrestlemania. Goldust is having some of the best matches of his career. The cliche, obvious WWE storyline would be for the young, opportunistic Cody to join The Authority. After the match with Goldust, Cody would get turned into another generic arrogant heel and get lose in the shuffle as he was when he was with Sandow.

My wish would be for them to both remain face. In something similar to Flair vs Michaels without the 'putting an old dog down' angle. I would want to see Vince or Stephanie or whatever say Cody can have a number one contenders match, but it ends up being against Goldust. And to have it, Goldust has to put his career on the line. Have something play on the sibling rivalry, and I don't mean the cartroony 'GAH FUCK HIM!' angle. I mean something where Cody says he's not going to do it and Goldust telling him 'Why are you so confident you can beat me.' Something where the Rhodes know it's an important match because either one could win, and they could be the first Rhodes to take the WWE title from them. Kind of like a 'The Territories' Revenge' story.

Have the match go long. Don't play it as the young Cody destroying the crippled old Goldust. Have it as the two brothers fighting for superiority, again, sibling rivalry. Give them a long time. Show that Cody's got the youth and better athleticism but Goldust has the veteran experience and vast knowledge of moves and mind games. Have Cody win while showing that the reason he won is because of what he learned from his father and brother. Teary goodbye after the match. Then the next week have Orton cut a promo on how much of a freak Goldust was, how he always got fired, how he had anger problems, BUILD the rivalry over something other than 'I am the champion. I want to be the champion also you're a doodoo face.'

strobogo

Banned
That's stupid. They should feud because Goldust is kind of gay and shaved Cody's mustache off while he was sleeping as revenge for Cody shaving off one of Goldust's eyebrows and farting on him. You guys have no idea how to write a wrestling show.

Hasney

The Persona meltdown is as glorious as it could be. Here's a Twitch preview, but it's nothing compared to the gaming side thread:

PFRt9ST.png

What little empathy I might have once possessed for those Persona fans is buried under years of their chest-thumping and self-manufactured hype. I've got a free month of Netflix, so I think I'll go celebrate how that announcement stream panned out by watching some wrasslin' documentaries when I wake back up.

Hasney

Looks like they are going to announce P5. Really hope it's Wii U exclusive just to top it all off.

EDIT: Aw, PS3. I still want it, but I was hoping for a double meltdown.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks like they are going to announce P5. Really hope it's Wii U exclusive just to top it all off.

Man that would have been something. Still an EO game Personified? Sign me up.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Persona meltdown is as glorious as it could be. Here's a Twitch preview, but it's nothing compared to the gaming side thread:

Seriously, some people take their gaming WAY to seriously.

Everyone knew a P5 announcement was coming, yet they still meltdown at the sight of Persona Q or Persona Dancing lol lol. (I am actually interested in all of these games though, take my money Atlus).

Well done Atlus, for breaking half the internet with your trolling. :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yet they still meltdown at the sight of Persona Q or Persona Dancing lol lol. (I am actually interested in all of these games though, take my money Atlus).

I don't think it's that odd to not want to see a game series let its fandom take over. That leads to Dragon Age 2.

Hasney

Everyone knew a P5 announcement was coming, yet they still meltdown at the sight of Persona Q or Persona Dancing lol lol. (I am actually interested in all of these games though, take my money Atlus).

Yeah, I'll get PQ day 1, dancing if I see it cheap and not a fan of Arena but I know it has a fanbase.

Will get P5 day 1 it's in English.

Jamie OD

You'd think people would learn to be patient. Or are they right to flip out because companies in the past have hinted a big announcement only for it to be something else?

More P4A is good for me. I love the Japanese pro wrestling presentation of the first game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I think people who say this are just Wii U owners that are desperate to have some games. I don't think they're looking for meltdowns at all.

Hasney

I think people who say this are just Wii U owners that are desperate to have some games. I don't think they're looking for meltdowns at all.

I didn't really mind what system it was on as long as it wasn't PS4/XB1 as it may have made me get one before a price drop. Wii U for me would have been reactions and the fact I can play it without taking poop breaks with much better inventory management.

Other than that, bring on the PS3 version.

Glad I'm not the only one entertained by the meltdown on gaming side earlier lol

BTW, I just saw a pic on the NJPW FB page earlier, but what happened in that pic with Naito choking Okada? Was that post-match?

strobogo

Banned
I don't even know what a Persona game looks like and I wish we would stop talking about it. Instead, we need to cover the all too serious topic of dancing in pro wrestling.

ikf6HxP7Csdlx.gif

ibrZguafglFg9H.gif

ibkEeXIHwilbCQ.gif

ibxmczK4aR52Po.gif

iQ3ASC4vzBpna.gif

igILiFo0pBJCL.gif

ifC4DyCZegCWp.gif

iwk2cncc8j7Ma.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunny's upset he won't be able to play it on his xbone.
Then again, he's not able to play much of anything on his xbone ;)

Kaladin

The BBC swerved me....Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special is $7.99 to buy the episode on amazon. Regular TV episodes are $2.99. It's not on Hulu.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny's upset he won't be able to play it on his xbone.
Then again, he's not able to play much of anything on his xbone ;)

DR3 is pretty insane, but man, I'm a happy dude with a working Bone. Tons of fun and Killer Instinct should not have turned out as good as it did!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want an xbox one. DR3 and Killer Instinct! I even want Forza and Ryse. It's gonna be hard to wait.

Forza's pretty great. Not bothering with Ryse until it's time to rent. BF4 is pretty nice though, even though I've been playing on PC. It's greato.

I'll have to miss most (all?) of Survivor Series tonight because I have to meet with my group and finish our research paper. I can't tell if missing the most assuredly shitty SS is a good thing or a bad thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to miss most (all?) of Survivor Series tonight because I have to meet with my group and finish our research paper. I can't tell if missing the most assuredly shitty SS is a good thing or a bad thing.

The worst shows sometimes end up being the best. I have no hope either though. Card looks like shit, WWE looks like shit, shit looks like shit.

Top Bottom