• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
Why is Goldust cosplaying as Uncle Fester

He said the same thing during his promo.

i60xGNBSxxmye.gif

51d4a5e3afa96f301c000006.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Curse you Hs Straight!

Does the Dynasty Warriors have a continuous story from one game to the next? Or is each one standalone?

Standalone, mostly. Ignore story. It's more about character interaction. Giant roster. Enjoy.

DMczaf

Hulk Hogan (with The Renegade) defeated Big Van Vader (with Ric Flair) in a Leather Strap match (18:21)

Hogan's WCW World Heavyweight Championship was not on the line.

Before the show, Jimmy Hart had been kidnapped and tied up at an undisclosed location by Vader and Flair. During the match Hart escaped and joined Renegade at ringside.

During the match a masked man appeared and attacked Renegade, before returning to the back.

Hogan was given the win when he dragged an interfering Ric Flair and touched all four turnbuckles (despite Flair not being the legal opponent in the match).

After the match, a masked man appeared again, seemingly siding with Vader and Flair, before unmasking to reveal himself as Randy Savage and embracing Hogan, Renegade and Hart. Savage had tied up the first masked man backstage, who was then revealed to be Arn Anderson.

Referee Randy Anderson was assigned to referee the match but as he was putting on the leather strap on Vader. Vader push Randy Anderson and the force of it would lead to no referee to call the match.

Greatest match ever.

Yeah, PS3 seems to be getting better games now the PS4 is out/was approaching, compared to see the 360 which seemed to stop getting games 12 months ago.

Marvel

could never
Leo Kruger apparently has a gimmick and name change, "Adam Rose", wtg ruin a good thing WWE. First you change his awesome 1st theme and now you give him colorful tights and a shit new name lol.

Better not be permanent.

strobogo

Banned
That's dumb. I didn't like the gimmick or the wrestler at first, but he really grew on me once he went crazy and started being a vicious dick head in the ring. I don't see why they would change everything about him when he had caught on in NXT.

It's a Sony console

It's going to be supported FOREVER. FOREVER. FOREVER.

2014? More like 2015 at the very least, probably 2016.

Yeah, PS3 seems to be getting better games now the PS4 is out/was approaching, compared to see the 360 which seemed to stop getting games 12 months ago.

Japan had to catch up to HD at some point

If you bought a PS3 for the promise of JRPG's, Well after 8 years on the market 2014 is the year for you.

Square Enix has 3 big releases that year as well on ps3. Its crazy.
Are there any PS3 exclusives on the horizon that we know about now, Persona aside?
People thought the PS3 was going to stop getting support in 2014?
Yes, isn't the 360 pretty much done? I guess it did come out a year before the PS3.
Does bean breath really count?
Why are you burying me? You should be burying yourself.

Russo booking WCW is the equivalent of Deadpool being editor in chief of Marvel for a few months.

Oh good, someone here knows about comic books, now I can ask this question:

Why is the comic book thread in OT but the manga thread in Community? Maybe we should split up, leave this thread strictly for puroresu and move on to greener pastures.

What do you think, Strobogo?

KissVibes

Banned
The Persona meltdown is as glorious as it could be. Here's a Twitch preview, but it's nothing compared to the gaming side thread:

PFRt9ST.png

My favorite part about the Persona 5 announcement is people bitching that the artstyle isn't grim and dark to match the subject manner. I just laugh at these clowns because I know each one of them bitches and moans about how games are too gritty and shit. Well, games they were never going to play to begin with, anyway.

Bring on Persona 5, exactly how the developers want it to come.

strobogo

Banned
Oh good, someone here knows about comic books, now I can ask this question:

Why is the comic book thread in OT but the manga thread in Community? Maybe we should split up, leave this thread strictly for puroresu and move on to greener pastures.

What do you think, Strobogo?

I assume it is for the best to keep the manga community hidden, much like Wrasslegaf. But Wrasslegaf can't be contained and is spilling over to OT every day.

My favorite part about the Persona 5 announcement is people bitching that the artstyle isn't grim and dark to match the subject manner. I just laugh at these clowns because I know each one of them bitches and moans about how games are too gritty and shit. Well, games they were never going to play to begin with, anyway.

Bring on Persona 5, exactly how the developers want it to come.

I have to admit, I've been watching videos of the new Mario game and I'll I can think is,

"Man, this isn't for me, is it?".

It's way too bright and colorful. Like if someone walked in on me playing that game, I'd feel ashamed. I don't know what those pedophiles that get caught by Chris Hanson feel like but I'd imagine getting caught playing the new Mario game alone would be in the same ballpark.

I remember hearing one YouTuber say something along the lines of,

"Finally the technology has caught up to deliver the true vision of Super Mario Bros." and I could think was,

"Fuck that!".

Granted I was 5 when I played SMB so I probably wouldn't of minded this new game, but legit adults played SMB, too. Not just parents either. I don't think you could say the same about this game.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Sabucin

*My random comment of the day*

I have to tell that I did not know that NXT is on HULU for free. I watched the last episode and man... this is a really good product that they have there.
I think that is exactly how Monday Night Raw should be, the storylines, the matches and the booking is pretty awesome and coherent.
I'm really hating the current storyline on Raw, not because HHH and all that shit... it's just because I just simply don't get it why some wrestlers are "in other dimension" and they are not get involved in the "best for bussiness" crap.
I would not being feel insulted if this storyline would involved to THE ENTIRE roster, that would make more sense.
Who is in charge of NXT in terms of booking? As I said before, it is a really good show despite the fact of have amazing, good, bad and awful wrestlers. I think that NXT demonstrates how a show can be so good if the booking is correct.

BTW, I'm not hyping at all with Survivor Series, what an awful card.

XShagrath

Leo Kruger apparently has a gimmick and name change, "Adam Rose", wtg ruin a good thing WWE. First you change his awesome 1st theme and now you give him colorful tights and a shit new name lol.
That's really odd. He was in a couple matches as Kruger at the last NXT tapings, which will carry them through the rest of this year. The next taping's not until the first week of January.

somedevil

Tna Spoilers for the next 3 weeks: The whole thing was taped out of order.

Taped on Thursday:

* Lei'd Tapa defeated Velvet Sky.

* Bobby Roode, Kazarian, Daniels and Chris Sabin vs. Kurt Angle, Magnus, James Storm and Gunner in an elimination match was taped for the main event. It came down to Angle vs. all 4 heels. Team Roode won when Angle grabbed a steel chair and got disqualified.

Taped on Friday:

* Dixie Carter came out with her new assistant, Rockstar Spud and a Thanksgiving dinner table was set up. Dixie announces stipulations for tonight and a "Winner Winner Turkey Dinner" feast. Dixie brings Ethan Carter III out and they talk about how great their family is.

* Ethan Carter III defeated Curry Man.

* Backstage segment with BroMans, Zema Ion, Eric Young and ODB. There will be a tag match against Dewey Barnes and Norv Fernum in turkey suits.

* Eric Young and ODB come to the ring with turkey suits. Zema Ion comes out next with his own DJ turntables and introduces BroMans. BroMans end up beating Barnes and Fernum. After the match, Fernum and Barnes dance around in turkey suits with ODB and EY.

* Everyone who has won a match comes out for the "Winner Winner Turkey Dinner" segment. Everyone talks about what they're thankful for until Bobby Roode starts ripping Kurt Angle. Angle comes out and Roode challenges him to enter the ring for a beatdown. Angle ends up coming to the ring with ODB, Eric Young, Gunner, James Storm and Velvet Sky. Impact ends with a huge food fight.

Dec 5th

Taped Friday:

* An opening segment with Magnus and Kurt Angle is interrupted by Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy.

* Jeff Hardy defeated Bobby Roode in a tables match for the World Heavyweight Title tournament. The match had to be re-started after both of them went through a table at one point.

* Gail Kim defeated women's wrestler Cherry Bomb in another open challenge match. ODB made the save after the match.

* Magnus beat Kurt Angle in a Last Man Standing match for the tournament after Roode laid out Angle. Roode attacked Angle again after the match until Hardy made the save.

Taped Saturday:

* Kazarian and Daniels opened the show but were interrupted by Joseph Park. They end up beating Park down and out comes Eric Young to make the save, setting up Park and Young vs. Bad Influence for next week.

* BroMans with Zema Ion defeated James Storm and Gunner when Gunner got disqualified for hitting the referee.

* Ethan Carter III comes out and is ready for a match with referee Earl Hebner. Hebner refuses but is threatened with his job. Hebner ends up laying down and letting EC3 pin him.

Dec 12:

Taped on Friday:

* Before they can spin the Wheel of Dixie and determine more stipulations, Kurt Angle comes out and wants to fight Bobby Roode. Roode talks trash until a brawl breaks out. Angle vs. Roode in a 2 of 3 Falls match is made for Final Resolution on December 19th.

* Dixie Carter comes out and talks about her dislike for AJ Styles and how she can't wait to have a new World Champion. She brings out Jeff Hardy and Magnus, who will face each other for the belt. They talk about why they're going to win. The stipulation for their match will be "Dixieland" with the winner getting to travel the world with Dixie on her jet.

Taped on Saturday:

* Madison Rayne makes her return to TNA.

* Austin Aries defeated Chris Sabin to become the new X Division Champion.

* ODB accepts Gail Kim's open challenge but Gail makes her face Lei'd Tapa instead. They beat her down and Madison Rayne makes the save.

* Eric Young and Joseph Park beat Kazarian and Daniels. After the match, Young reveals that Park hasn't been able to find Abyss because Park is Abyss.

* Ethan Carter III comes out and announces he will be facing Jeremy Borash tonight. Before Borash can get in the ring, Sting comes out and cuts a promo on EC3. Sting tells EC3 to either face him tonight or enter himself in the Feast or Famine main event. Carter chooses the main event.

* The participants for Feast or Famine are Dewey Barnes, Norv Fernum, Mr. Anderson, Hernandez, Chavo Guerrero, Zema Ion, EC3, Curry Man, James Storm, Gunner, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries and Samoa Joe. Before the match, Anderson gets attacked by Bully Ray and laid out on the stage. Ray takes the mic and rips Anderson before officials help him to the back.

Four briefcases are hanging from poles on the corners with a World Heavyweight Title contract, a Tag Team Title contract, an X Division Title contract and a pink slip for somebody's release. Gunner pulls Storm down and gets case #1, Zema gets case #2, EC3 gets case #3 and Chavo gets case #4

Sabucin

Better not be permanent.

I just posted about how good is NXT booking and now I read this shit LOL

I just posted about how good is NXT booking and now I read this shit LOL

NXT is just FCW/developmental things will randomly change or be dropped, its just a testing ground to see what clicks and what doesn't and to get them experience in different roles so they don't flop when they get on RAW

So, yeah, that was a pretty fucking crazy end to Progress chapter 10.
Andrews won the Natural Progression tournament and immediately cashed in his title shot, shocking everyone when he defeated Rampage Brown with a roll-up. As he celebrates, The London Riots and Jimmy Havoc hit the ring. Havoc decimates Andrews with a chair and hits a DVD on the ref, then reveals that his reward for competing in a death match a few shows previously was an open contract for a title shot with any stipulation at any time. He then forced Progress co-owner Jim Smallman, who Havoc brutally turned on at the last show, to make the count as he pinned Andrews to become the fifth Progress champion. I don't like hotshotting the title, but the crowd reaction was undeniable, so the angle's obviously working and Havoc is well and truly despised

Mark Andrews vs Paul Robinson was an excellent main event, easily one of the best matches I've seen live this year. I also really enjoyed Rampage vs Stixx and the ridiculous Project Ego vs Grado & Mad Man Manso tag match. Quite impressed with Mikey Whiplash, he looked good against Tommy End, who continues to shine. The Riots vs Bhangra Knights tag was a bit of a let down, as both teams got counted out and brawled out of the venue before it ever really got started. Mark Haskins held an open challenge that was answered by Adam Cole, which was a real nice surprise. Another awesome show from Progress overall, can't wait for the next one in January and the Zack Sabre Jr vs Jimmy Havoc rematch.

edit, Jimmy Havoc with the Nazi Staff: http://instagram.com/p/hG_TWECa9X/

What a cunt.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So has anyone else seen this battle royale thing from Wrestling Revolution Project?

http://vimeo.com/69165195 (password is "whattooksolongkatz", without the quotes)

It's...not bad I guess. I mean, it's a battle royale with Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Adam Pearce, Kenny Omega, Joey Ryan, Chris Masters, Luke Gallows, MVP, Amazing Red, Kenny Dykstra, and a bunch of other guys. It's about as good as you'd think it'd be.

The "story" shit at the end is awful though.

gurudyne

*My random comment of the day*

I have to tell that I did not know that NXT is on HULU for free. I watched the last episode and man... this is a really good product that they have there.

If you haven't seen any more, jump back to episode 183. It's got the kickass Cesaro-Zayn 2-of-3 falls match. Big contender for MOTY.

KissVibes

Banned
So has anyone else seen this battle royale thing from Wrestling Revolution Project?

http://vimeo.com/69165195 (password is "whattooksolongkatz", without the quotes)

It's...not bad I guess. I mean, it's a battle royale with Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Adam Pearce, Kenny Omega, Joey Ryan, Chris Masters, Luke Gallows, MVP, Amazing Red, Kenny Dykstra, and a bunch of other guys. It's about as good as you'd think it'd be.

The "story" shit at the end is awful though.

That was offensive.

Top Bottom