• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the Tom Prichard interview was fucking gold. SCSA gets a gold star for letting that man talk. What a great interviewee. So much better than Bruce Hart. Like night and day.

strobogo

Banned
My discovery on my ride today: There is a survivalist camp/school just a few miles away from me. Full on with a gate around the entire plot of land, which looks to be quite large from Google Maps. And appears to have 2 bomb shelters. What the fuck.

People saying Wrasslegaf is part of Popgaf?

iZmAXi4Jr77W3.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My discovery on my ride today: There is a survivalist camp/school just a few miles away from me. Full on with a gate around the entire plot of land, which looks to be quite large from Google Maps. And appears to have 2 bomb shelters. What the fuck.

People saying Wrasslegaf is part of Popgaf?

No, SOMEONE who comes in here is fucking up the message.

Pop-GAF and WrassleGAF have a lot in common and are pals. We also have the Otunga Link thanks to I Love New York. Some people though would rather us be at each others' throats but you don't fuck with your road buddies here, we just don't do that.

On the Survivalist Camp tip, don't even fuck with those people. They will hide your body.

G-Fex

i like popgaf. I'd sooner listen to a katy perry album then sit through some gaming gaf shit like a PS4 presentation or a sessler show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this past week wrasslegaf has been

popgaf
fitgaf
swole acceptance gaf
doge meme gaf
platform launch gaf

At least we haven't been a part of 4chanGAF which masquerades as Sonygaf. I don't know why they so badly want a 4chan meme to represent them.

Wrestling isn't a massively popular flavour of the month that is forgotten about in ten years, max, so I don't see how we can be in any way a part of popGAF.

We'd be associated with a more niche genre of music, I think.

What's crossbuy?

If you bought games for the ps3 like Flower, then you'll get them for free on ps4.

What's crossbuy?

CrossBuy = Sony program where if you buy a game on a platform, you get it on all of their platforms that it's on (AKA Vita/PS3

Its basically for their own stuff (Sly, for example), but they're porting Flow/Flower/Sound Shapes/Escape Plan to PS4, with Journey heavily rumored too. Since I own three of those four... Tadaaa

Pinball Arcade will be one too, and I'm suspecting the other CrossBuy titles like Guacamelee will come in too

Is it like cross fit?

What is cross fit?

SUNNY

Sunny, the macro you have with the swole guy and "carbs don't do this" needs to have carbs crossed out and changed to "crossfit don't do this"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk on Crossfit from me, a Fit-GAF pal:

Crossfit doesn't MEAN anything. We all see the .gifs of people doing stupid shit - this is because you pay for the Crossfit branding and you can run your gym as "Crossfit" in any way you want. Problem is, all you need are some dollars. So people with REALLY bad ideas represent Crossfit. If you take your time and explore gyms and who has what certifications, and what they mean.

Crossfit CAN be good, it just isn't always and with the internet, you always see the worst.

Sunny, the macro you have with the swole guy and "carbs don't do this" needs to have carbs crossed out and changed to "crossfit don't do this"

I'll have you know that's Strong Man! NJPW superstar!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to give this NJPW a shot.

It's a great night to do it! POWER STRUGGLE on iPPV!

If not, look up virtually ANY match from the 2013 G1 Climax show. Any day. Any match. The bar has been set. Especially if you pick a Tanahashi match. So good!

Speaking of new japan. Naito has been getting a shit build/push for the Tokyo dome. Any momentum he had after the G1 has been lost.

Naito/tanaka is like the ziggler/Kofi of new japan I feel like its on every ppv

It's a great night to do it! POWER STRUGGLE on iPPV!

If not, look up virtually ANY match from the 2013 G1 Climax show. Any day. Any match. The bar has been set. Especially if you pick a Tanahashi match. So good!

I've got day 1 loaded up on youtube on my phone, this will be my train ride home from work.

I honestly just never knew where to start with a new promotion, looks like I have 7 days about 3-4 hours each day here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've got day 1 loaded up on youtube on my phone, this will be my train ride home from work.

I honestly just never knew where to start with a new promotion, looks like I have 7 days about 3-4 hours each day here.

Before you watch it, if you can, read our Favored Poster Bootaaay's Preview for the G1, it goes over who is who and why they are there:

http://senorlariato.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

Great read and a good spot to jump in.

strobogo

Banned
Crossfit seems like the most basic shit that people have been doing for centuries, but with a brand name and a bunch of crazy white people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Crossfit seems like the most basic shit that people have been doing for centuries, but with a brand name and a bunch of crazy white people.

Bad Crossfit gyms emphasize speed over form. WORSE Crossfit gyms are the ones you see in gifs. Horrible stupid shit.

Only really bad Crossfit gyms injure people. If it's a fitness program that works on people who wouldn't otherwise be motivated, or better yet if it gives these people an introduction to better fitness plans then it is still doing a net good.

Before you watch it, if you can, read our Favored Poster Bootaaay's Preview for the G1, it goes over who is who and why they are there:

http://senorlariato.blogspot.com/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

Great read and a good spot to jump in.

Cool thanks, bookmarked that on my phone.

As for crossfit, I always looked at it as advanced cardio. Some of those bigger dudes like Rich Froning literally drink a gallon of milk a day, which explains why they are pretty big dudes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cool thanks, bookmarked that on my phone.

As for crossfit, I always looked at it as advanced cardio. Some of those bigger dudes like Rich Froning literally drink a gallon of milk a day, which explains why they are pretty big dudes.

Diet is a huge part of it. FE just put down a fatty's dream at Wendy's, and he's bigger than CM Punk, though that's not saying much.

Pavaloo

I always was a anti-crossfit guy, but then I saw that Seth Rollins and Antonio Cesaro regularly participate when I thought they were doing some strength training routines (specifically Cesaro). Now I just don't know what to think anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What about you guys association with j-pop?

too close to animu-gaf and gloriousnippongaf.

I always was a anti-crossfit guy, but then I saw that Seth Rollins and Antonio Cesaro regularly participate when I thought they were doing some strength training routines (specifically Cesaro). Now I just don't know what to think anymore.

Cesaro is undoubtedly a strength guy. He has great habits that most of us doing strength training in Fit-GAF do. We watched his workout video and we were all like "yep, this guy is natural and real and is doing the same shit we do." instant love.

Diet is a huge part of it. FE just put down a fatty's dream at Wendy's, and he's bigger than CM Punk, though that's not saying much.

watchu sayin brah? i work hard for my body!!

<3

In all seriousness, depending on your goals, crossfit is fine. If done properly and correctly that is. It makes sense that someone like Cesaro would do them where fast movements and quick bursts of strength are needed in his job.

Top Bottom