• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Pavaloo

Cesaro is undoubtedly a strength guy. He has great habits that most of us doing strength training in Fit-GAF do. We watched his workout video and we were all like "yep, this guy is natural and real and is doing the same shit we do." instant love.

Hmm yeah I remember watching Cesaro power-clean with one hand and I was all like "yeee this guy lifts."(i.e. strength training)
I need to be that strong ;_;

In all seriousness, depending on your goals, crossfit is fine. If done properly and correctly that is. It makes sense that someone like Cesaro would do them where fast movements and quick bursts of strength are needed in his job.

Yeah that definitely makes sense. Very different seeing Cesaro pump out some quick squats vs some pregnant lady on a fail video lol. I really need to hit up fitness gaf again. Just finished 5/3/1 a few weeks ago and am thinking about what to move onto next (if anything new).

G-Fex

iO2DeX7B6UITZ.gif

strobogo

Banned
The basics of Crossfit are do a bunch of pushups/squats/pull ups, which is pretty much the most basic work out possible. They just put some stickers on it and tell you to go fast. Crossfit is the Sonic of the fitness world.

Yeah that definitely makes sense. Very different seeing Cesaro pump out some quick squats vs some pregnant lady on a fail video lol. I really need to hit up fitness gaf again. Just finished 5/3/1 a few weeks ago and am thinking about what to move onto next (if anything new).

I'm on my 3rd month of 5/3/1, everything has been going up, definitely sticking with it for a while. I don't know how long you have been on the program though.

jmdajr

Aksana just looks... dumb.

Maybe it's all a work and she's a genius. But yeah, just get the feeling she has rocks for brains.

somedevil

Some more Newz from the Observer:

On WrestleMania and Royal Rumble:

WWE officials have been focusing on WrestleMania XXX plans and reportedly have working plans for most of the top names including Triple H, John Cena, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and The Undertaker, among a few others. While several months ago they wanted to do Steve Austin vs. Triple H for control of WWE with Austin representing Vince McMahon, it looks like that match will not be happening.

Word is that WWE officials are looking at The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar, Ryback vs. Goldberg if that works out, Cody Rhodes vs. Dustin Rhodes and CM Punk vs. Randy Orton.

Regarding Orton vs. Punk, Punk at one point was going to win the Royal Rumble and challenge for the title shot but there was talk of having the winner be whoever challenges for the World Title instead. As noted, there has also been talk of doing a champion vs. champion match for the main event.

While WWE and Goldberg may not have had serious negotiations yet for a match against Ryback at WrestleMania XXX, WWE officials do want the Goldberg vs. Ryback match to happen. If that doesn't work out, their other plan for Ryback at the biggest show of the year is a match against Big Show.

If Goldberg agrees to do the match with Ryback, then Ryback vs. Big Show will take place earlier, possibly at Elimination Chamber. The anticipated Triple H vs. Show match is scheduled to take place between December's TLC pay-per-view and the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

So right now the Royal Rumble winner is undetermined and Triple H still has no opponent for WrestleMania. Also Punk vs Orton could be for the title because Orton and Cena will hold onto them through the elimination chamber supposedily.

strobogo

Banned
You were the one who said Naomi had a bad face. Naomi's face looks like Maryse compared to that.

I never said she had a bad face. I said I preferred Cameron's face, but short clips from Total Divas have made her super unattractive to me. I still have yet to watch an episode, but just clips make me really dislike like her. Naomi is banging, no doubt.

Also, yes, I was hoping for a dead ringer.

Penguin

Some more Newz from the Observer:

On WrestleMania and Royal Rumble:

So right now the Royal Rumble winner is undetermined and Triple H still has no opponent for WrestleMania. Also Punk vs Orton could be for the title because Orton and Cena will hold onto them through the elimination chamber supposedily.

And nothing for Daniel Bryan

I hope their ratings continue to sink.

I have no desire to see old man Taker attempt to use his "greatest pure striking in WWE" powers against a behemoth like Lesnar, yeah I could buy that in 2002 but not now.
Orton/Punk also leaves me pretty apathetic, didn't we already have this at WM like 2 years ago?

Unfortunately for him Trips is apparently free for a match, burying time on the grandest stage of them all!
Lets throw in "thrice in a liftetime" for the WHC while we're at it.

somedevil

He will have a match because they see him as a top guy. This whole thing can change everyday. There are rumors of Bryan vs Michaels at WrestleMania. Right now Cena, Triple H, Sheamus have no opponents as of now. The only thing set as stone if the Undertaker will face Sting if he signs with the WWE or Lesnar if he doesn't.

Also, for the ratings just keep as this raw with Bryan and Punk with the highest segment with 18-49 males and the Big Show angle with that audience decreasing as the angle goes along.

jmdajr

I still want my Triple H vs Bryan match. Very disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Edit: Ryback vs Goldberg is great booking even if the match sucks. I can't wait for those Ryback promos.

strobogo

Banned
I have no desire to see old man Taker attempt to use his "greatest pure striking in WWE" powers against a behemoth like Lesnar, yeah I could buy that in 2002 but not now.
Orton/Punk also leaves me pretty apathetic, didn't we already have this at WM like 2 years ago?

Unfortunately for him Trips is apparently free for a match, burying time on the grandest stage of them all!
Lets throw in "thrice in a liftetime" for the WHC while we're at it.

But it would be Once in a Lifetime for the WHC.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I really need to quit posting when I'm drunk. :lol But BlizzCon has been fun!

What's new in the world of wrestling? I hardly pay attention anymore. :/

Maybe while WWE is axeing things that don't work
They could look at this failure and wipe the slate clean
And miss out on the Big Show/Ryback encounter that will create a WM moment? i'm sure these big man encounters at mania will pay off one day.

But it would be Once in a Lifetime for the WHC.

I can smell the build up from here.
Cena: "Rock this may be our third encounter but this is bigger than a mere third encounter, in fact this will be the biggest encounter in WWE history because for the very first time we'll be fighting for the WORLD heavyweight championship, in fact you could call it a Worlds first"
Cue WWE advertising campaign plastering "WORLDS FIRST" on everything and running prestige raising promos for the WHC showing all the past great champions from WCW to WWE like Flair, Sting, Russo and Swagger.

Meanwhile the Rock tells more unrelated stories and Cena acts like his 2 months off with an arm injury were career threatening. BOOK IT!

Pavaloo

I'm on my 3rd month of 5/3/1, everything has been going up, definitely sticking with it for a while. I don't know how long you have been on the program though.

Did 3 months and everything went up for sure! I just don't like how slow the program progresses to the heavier volume. I set up another schedule for 5/3/1 BBB again, but I was disappointed to see just after reaching a new max on every lift, I wouldn't lift that heavy again for a few weeks. Just makes me feel weak :p I did SS for too long so I got accustomed to heavy volume every workout, but now after doing 5/3/1 BBB once I can't jump back to that rep scheme right away haha, making me feel weaker! Enough fitness talk in wrasslegaf tho

I'm still delusional and think Bryan is going to win the RR followed by a championship win a WM30 (against Punk?) to make up for the last few years at WM.
I did sport that Cena heel avatar for a reason #Believe

GolazoDan

Christ, I'm listening to Review-A-Raw for the first time having recently listened to some Review-A-Wai episodes. The contrast in enthusiasm between these guys and the guys on the Wrestling Observer Radio shows is crazy. And I pay for the Observer shows, may as well not bother if every show's gonna be called shitty and talked about like it's the worst thing in the world. I don't think my main man Dave Meltzer gives a shit anymore. Even about the MMA stuff he says he likes, he doesn't. He's dead inside. He feels nothing. Blame Triple H, probably.

somedevil

Christ, I'm listening to Review-A-Raw for the first time having recently listened to some Review-A-Wai episodes. The contrast in enthusiasm between these guys and the guys on the Wrestling Observer Radio shows is crazy. And I pay for the Observer shows, may as well not bother if every show's gonna be called shitty and talked about like it's the worst thing in the world. I don't think my main man Dave Meltzer gives a shit anymore. Even about the MMA stuff he says he likes, he doesn't. He's dead inside. He feels nothing. Blame Triple H, probably.

Meltzer loves New Japan right now. I don't know even with this Triple H stuff it seems like WWE is a lot better than it was in 2010-2011.

Also, Meltzer bores me when he talks. The only good Observer show is the one of Sunday they give for free. The best right now are Pollock and Wai Ting with reviewing raw followed by these British guys who review raw as well.

edit: I find it interesting that England gives the best wrestling podcasts like osw review, piledriver wrestling audio show, attitude era podcast, osw review and botchamania.

Striker

Maybe while WWE is axeing things that don't work
http://i.imgur.com/wIubmSW.gif[IMG]
They could look at this failure and wipe the slate clean[/QUOTE]Are they even still trying to hold onto him? I keep looking at this as they're keeping him above water just for the single hope that Goldberg agrees to do a WM match. If he doesn't then they job him out or make him into a joke character. But really, he was booked like crap against Punk in their first encounter, lost to Cener every time they faced, and didn't do anything against Punk, again, once he was teamed with Heyman. I thought they had enough main event jobbers.

Nebula

I've not watched wrestling in some time. I think the last thing I watched was NXT and I enjoyed it but nothing holds me to the product anymore.

Until I make my return I'd like to thank WrassleGAF for being super awesome, and also showing me the greatness that is Laserfrog.

Top Bottom