• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

DMczaf

tumblr_mw3wpwey4z1skeohxo2_250.gif

UberTag

You'd think this would lead to a Survivor Series match. But it won't lol
A Survivor Series matchup has no place on a Survivor Series PPV.
Let's split these into individual tag team matches instead and give the elimination match away for free on television.

Alucard

Banned
Every time I'm close to done with WWE some shit like this happens and I'm sucked right back in.

This is the most abusive relationship ever.

It was 20 minutes of a 3.25-hour show. LOL.

Really cool ending, but I wonder if it's actually going to lead anywhere, or if the WWE just wanted to give the UK crowd a "cool moment" for the internet smarks in the audience.

That was a genuinely fun ending in concept. A little flat in execution, but whatever. I'd be down for the Survivor Series match as long as they get away from the boring 1 v 1 eliminations and have the match be an all out mess like The Shield's big PPV matches have been.

The rest of the show was the rest of the show so who cares.

Alucard

Banned
Based on what I saw tonight, the WWE is in cruise control mode.

Does anyone actually think that Big Show will beat Orton?

Does anyone actually WANT to see Big Show in a main event?

Does anyone believe that Cena will drop the title to Del Rio?

Why is Big E losing when he JUST turned face?

Why is Tyson Kidd losing a 3-minute match when he JUST came back after a whole year off?

Why is R-Truth beating Ryback in a match that meant nothing?

I dunno...I'm pretty bored by almost everything WWE right now outside of Punk/Bryan, Wyatts, Rhodesdust, and The Shield...and even then, the booking has been pretty vanilla.

I think they probably will end up doing the TenKoji vs Daichi & Mutoh/Otani - we've had KES vs TenKoji a bunch of times already, time to elevate a new team. GBH would be cool, I'm a huge Honma mark so I'd love to see him get some success. There aren't really any other face teams that could win it. Naito and Sombra aren't winning because Naito has his title shot against Okada and Tana's not winning because he's saddled with Captain New Japan.

I really wish he'd just pick a young lion like Watanabe, Captain New Japan is such a waste.

At the moment I'm thinking Okada keeps the belt. Nakamura loses the IC to Tanahashi and then they set up Okada vs Nak for the title and leadership of CHAOS at the big Yokohama show in May. Naito could then feud with Tana for the IC title, which would probably do him some good.

Didn't Watanabe just go on his learning excursion? I guess Tanahashi could have chosen either Tanaka or Komatsu, but both still look green as all hell. Might as well pair him with Cappy and watch him job a bunch.

I suppose they could also have a CHAOS team like Iizuka and Yano win due to the Suzuki-Gun feud, but they've fallen so far that nobody would find them legit anymore. If NJPW had some balls they'd have Anderson and Gallows win, but NJPW very rarely does all-gaijin matches so I doubt it.

Ithil

Former WWE Diva Mickie James is working as a guest trainer this week at the WWE Performance Center. It's the first time James has worked, in any capacity, for WWE since 2010.
James is scheduled to work with talents all week in Orlando.
Neat.

charsace

Sexually?

Pretty good match so far. The Shield have been the all-stars of the WWE in 2013. Too bad their characters have been pretty watered down from their initial mission statement. Working for the Authority doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense based on what they're allegedly about.
Triple H has to include himself in whatever the popular wrestlers are doing. The Shield, Orton, Team No H got them all involved with this feud where him and Steph dominate.

strobogo

Banned
I had a dream that me and this girl hit it off on the basis of shared love for TV Tropes. Then the Big Shoe busted in and tried to take over with his podcast, using it to impress this girl to take for himself. Then Stone Cold came in to do a guest spot on Shoe's podcast and completely took over, turning it into the Steve Austin Show. Big Show's callers could only send in a fax if they wanted to talk to him. No faxes came.

Last night I had some dream about finding rare WWF Hasbros in the attic of my middle school. A Razor Ramon in green and Bret Hart as The Hulk were the two biggest scores.

Didn't Watanabe just go on his learning excursion? I guess Tanahashi could have chosen either Tanaka or Komatsu, but both still look green as all hell. Might as well pair him with Cappy and watch him job a bunch.

I suppose they could also have a CHAOS team like Iizuka and Yano win due to the Suzuki-Gun feud, but they've fallen so far that nobody would find them legit anymore. If NJPW had some balls they'd have Anderson and Gallows win, but NJPW very rarely does all-gaijin matches so I doubt it.

Yeah, I don't see Naito winning. The real money is going to be Okada/Nakamura. 2014, here we go!

Rest of the show was complete filler balls, but that ending:

iRMlBnRK2Xi9h.gif

yum

charsace

I wish wwe would change Santino's gimmick. He is being wasted. They give him a lot of dumb shit and he works it great every time.

UberTag

WWE Booking

- RAW after WrestleMania = the greatest wrestling show of the year
- Next month & PPV = decent spillover shit that didn't make the Mania card
- May & June = new angles get introduced that wear out their welcome without actually going anywhere
- July = Money in the Bank PPV; creative books their one angle of the year that gets people talking but inevitably doesn't deliver; Internet darlings get handed metal briefcases that trigger them to lose every match until they cash it in
- August = Summerfest (Christian gets his one title shot per year before Creative forgets he exists again and has nothing for him)
- September-December = gimmick PPVs and even-steven booking to waste time until the Rumble; Creative goes on vacation because they don't even want to bother trying to compete against football
- January = Royal Rumble; WrassleGAF gets energized due to drawing numbers and hoping they don't get saddled with the likes of The Great Khali or Fandango; Kofi does his one dumbass highlight spot in the match before promptly getting eliminated; this is the best time of year because our dreams of a great meaningful WrestleMania card haven't been dashed yet
- February-Match = we realize that the Mania card is, in fact, actually shit and we get tired of all of the old-timers taking up TV time that could have been used to actually build up someone that's been killing themselves all year; Cena dominates TV time and is put in "ultra ultra protected" mode where he won't even lose 6-on-1 matches by DQ or countout
- WrestleMania = GAF just wants to get the PPV over with; Triple H wrestles a match that is largely underwhelming that the entire roster shamelessly plugs as the greatest of all-time in interview segments for a month; on the bright side, lots of non-WWE promotions book cards around Mania weekend that are both riveting and exciting

strobogo

Banned
You ever suddenly notice a poster who you've never seen start showing up in every thread you read and taking the wrong stand in the most asshole way possible on every issue? As if they read a thread and post the opposite of what the majority is posting about in the most aggressive way they can? And then you start noticing them everywhere and realize you hate this poster, their posting style, and can't figure out if they're just a troll or sincerely that much of an asshole?

This poster is not a part of Wrasslegaf. Not even Bean Breath annoys me like this poster. I want to send something in to the confessions thread about him, but Ronito said no making confessions about other posters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You ever suddenly notice a poster who you've never seen start showing up in every thread you read and taking the wrong stand in the most asshole way possible on every issue? As if they read a thread and post the opposite of what the majority is posting about in the most aggressive way they can? And then you start noticing them everywhere and realize you hate this poster, their posting style, and can't figure out if they're just a troll or sincerely that much of an asshole?

This poster is not a part of Wrasslegaf. Not even Bean Breath annoys me like this poster. I want to send something in to the confessions thread about him, but Ronito said no making confessions about other posters.

Marr(eck)? I put parenthesis so he won't find when ego-searchin.

Ithil

Don't worry, everyone hates Derrick.

Anth0ny

WWE Booking

- RAW after WrestleMania = the greatest wrestling show of the year
- Next month & PPV = decent spillover shit that didn't make the Mania card
- May & June = new angles get introduced that wear out their welcome without actually going anywhere
- July = Money in the Bank PPV; creative books their one angle of the year that gets people talking but inevitably doesn't deliver; Internet darlings get handed metal briefcases that trigger them to lose every match until they cash it in
- August = Summerfest (Christian gets his one title shot per year before Creative forgets he exists again and has nothing for him)
- September-December = gimmick PPVs and even-steven booking to waste time until the Rumble; Creative goes on vacation because they don't even want to bother trying to compete against football
- January = Royal Rumble; WrassleGAF gets energized due to drawing numbers and hoping they don't get saddled with the likes of The Great Khali or Fandango; Kofi does his one dumbass highlight spot in the match before promptly getting eliminated; this is the best time of year because our dreams of a great meaningful WrestleMania card haven't been dashed yet
- February-Match = we realize that the Mania card is, in fact, actually shit and we get tired of all of the old-timers taking up TV time that could have been used to actually build up someone that's been killing themselves all year; Cena dominates TV time and is put in "ultra ultra protected" mode where he won't even lose 6-on-1 matches by DQ or countout
- WrestleMania = GAF just wants to get the PPV over with; Triple H wrestles a match that is largely underwhelming that the entire roster shamelessly plugs as the greatest of all-time in interview segments for a month; on the bright side, lots of non-WWE promotions book cards around Mania weekend that are both riveting and exciting

Accurate. Who's making the Raw After Mania |OT|?

tumblr_mw4u6zyIHo1s960coo5_500.jpg

This feels hype, big time. It's got a good spark.

Pop was unreal.

Top Bottom