• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
Baseball is a great live sport, not because of the sport itself, but because it gives you a chance to hang out and talk with you friends/family for 3 1/2 hours. It isn't an interesting TV sport except in in the World Series. It's about as interesting to watch on TV as golf. Which is death. High level tennis is pretty cool to watch on TV, though. I'd hate to watch it live, but I'll watch a few sets during Wimbledon or the Olympics and enjoy it.

Baseball is such an old white guy (and Dominican) white guy sport.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first hockey blitz style game was amazing though. NHL Hitz. A friend got it as one of his launch Gamecube games.

strobogo

Banned
The first hockey blitz style game was amazing though. NHL Hitz. A friend got it as one of his launch Gamecube games.

How are you going to act like like Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey didn't exist? That, WCW/NWO World Tour, and MK Trilogy were my 1997 Christmas.

gurudyne

1bzlEdi.jpg

In a thread that's occasionally filled to bursting with some ugly ass shit, this just caught my eye. It's beautiful in its amateurish ugliness. It's like some kid with a pirated version of Photoshop and his own hand-painted blue screen wall somehow saved up enough money for a half-assed photoshoot from Dwayne "The Poontang Pie" Johnson.

bjork

Baseball is good to just have on in the background. I can't imagine sitting and attentively watching any sport, unless it's World's Strongest Man or Lumberjack Olympics.

Soup Bar

How are you guys going to talk about baseball and Neo Geo and not about 2020 Super Baseball or Baseball Stars 2. I wish somebody would make a new arcade style hockey game like HItz. Nope those won't do Call of Duty numbers sorry.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
More shooting here: Baseball Stars NES shits on Baseball Stars 2. Awesome sim/rpg+great baseball>amazing arcade baseball any day of the week.

and stro that n64 hockey game is legit, but I meant what I said, Hitz is literally Blitz on ice.

The only sport less athletic than Baseball is Golf.

I think steroids should be mandatory in Baseball. Think about it: how fucking awesome would it be to see some Ryback and Batista-sized dudes hitting homers all day? Fucking awesome, man.

strobogo

Banned
More shooting here: Baseball Stars NES shits on Baseball Stars 2. Awesome sim/rpg+great baseball>amazing arcade baseball any day of the week.

and stro that n64 hockey game is legit, but I meant what I said, Hitz is literally Blitz on ice.

I never played it, but the only hockey/football games I ever liked were 3D Hockey and Blitz. I guess I liked Super High Impact on SNES, but that was basically the 16bit version of Blitz. Loved NBA Jam/TE/Hang Time/Show Time on NBC. I gave up on any non 2K basketball games after I got a Dreamcast when they were $50 and played NBA 2K01. Blew my mind. Easily the best basketball game I had ever played until that point. I put a ton of time into it even though I wasn't really that big of a basketball fan. Basketball is probably my favorite sport, but I don't follow it that much and really only keep up with the Pacers every few months.

I played the fuck out of 2K13 as well. I do enjoy the Virtua Tennis series, but any football game that isn't Blitz style can STICK IT, brothers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Uncensored JR and WrassleGAF would get along great.
WWE booking CM Punk & Daniel Bryan vs Luke Harper & Eric Rowan at Survivor Series instead of booking The Shield vs. The Wyatts: I quit trying to follow the logic of most TV wrestling creative. I just watch and try to enjoy what I see. I have no answer for you. Sorry.

His blogs are so much more entertaining now that it isn't full of PR bs.

G-Fex

I never played it, but the only hockey/football games I ever liked were 3D Hockey and Blitz. I guess I liked Super High Impact on SNES, but that was basically the 16bit version of Blitz. Loved NBA Jam/TE/Hang Time/Show Time on NBC. I gave up on any non 2K basketball games after I got a Dreamcast when they were $50 and played NBA 2K01. Blew my mind. Easily the best basketball game I had ever played until that point. I put a ton of time into it even though I wasn't really that big of a basketball fan. Basketball is probably my favorite sport, but I don't follow it that much and really only keep up with the Pacers every few months.

I played the fuck out of 2K13 as well. I do enjoy the Virtua Tennis series, but any football game that isn't Blitz style can STICK IT, brothers.

What about Tecmo Super Bowl? The best classic football game ever? :O

Anth0ny

Uncensored JR and WrassleGAF would get along great.

His blogs are so much more entertaining now that it isn't full of PR bs.

wait

WHAT

wtf is shield going to do then?

also I agree, JR's blog has been great now that he can actually speak his mind a little.

strobogo

Banned
He got pretty puffy when he went from massive after his return from the quad injury to hurting his groin and wearing biker shorts and not being able to work out for 8 months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Knack outed for what it is. Cerny sucks! I told you all!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cerny is a fraud, folks. Go play Marble Madness and join the Sunflower Bandwagon.

My work shit going on is fucking bananas BTW. "Linda" isn't here yet but it's only 10 mins late.

based kerny and his GOTY

sunflower redeemed

jCtPMexHjTuBR_e.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Cerny is a fraud, folks. Go play Marble Madness and join the Sunflower Bandwagon.

My work shit going on is fucking bananas BTW. "Linda" isn't here yet but it's only 10 mins late.

Enjoy your 720p $100 dollar extra "next-gen" Modern Rysefare on Xbone Sunny, you deserve eachother!

-edit: Also, fuck Linda for bailing on you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I ain't playin no COD or Ryse on my Bone brother! It's gonna be allll Forza and DR3 (which is a valid target for graphical criticism) till TITANFALL

And you were right.
T2ic0Mm.jpg

Of course, sensible folks will wait until they actually play it to form an opinion.

That's what I did; same with the One launch games. Knack is a simple ass family platformer. No wheel reinventing there.

Also I can't believe that you named them Linda and Mick... And they're banging

This is the worst fanfic EVER

Wait, people are surprised that Knack is bad? Every bit of gameplay shown has made it look super dull. Seems like more of a tech demo turned into a game and that art style is just horrid.

Aiii

So not worth it
Never really had any interest in Knack, so I don't really care either way. Of course better games are always good, esp. since Knack is pretty much guaranteed to end up on PS+ soon.

One good thing about a 2 week delayed launch is the abundance of reviews and user comments to decide what games to get.

Knack always looked to have combat on par with the Great Khali's wrasslin' movepool and its few apparent platforming moments are probably as successful as Ric Flair taking a trip to the top rope.
As Boots said I don't think anyone should really be surprised by this if you ever took the time to watch any footage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The crazy bet now is which will score lower on Metacritic? Ryse or Knack? I think Ryse will have it beat, but not by much.

Aiii

So not worth it
The crazy bet now is which will score lower on Metacritic? Ryse or Knack? I think Ryse will have it beat, but not by much.

Watch Ryse be an awesome 10/10 game. Just watch.

To be honest, I think Ryse is probably one of those hit/miss games you either love or hate with a passion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

To be honest, I think Ryse is probably one of those hit/miss games you either love or hate with a passion.

I'm with you. I think for some people it'll really resonate, but others will feel so disconnected. I feel like I will feel disconnected. Thanks Gamefly! Now I can find out on the cheap.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Ryse will score high in the eyecandy department, but the gameplay is shallow.
QTE: son of time looks like the worst thing
One of the other things that grinded my gears about Ryse was the early God of War comparisons when GoW is Greek mythology and Ryse is Roman historical fiction. They also play nothing alike, aside from the fact that they both have QTE's.

Top Bottom