• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now is said: Capcom "HAD TO" do wrong controls for GCN Megaman, where is gun to head?

Alcibiades

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?threadid=4118

capcom_mega_crap.jpg

well, at least they finally responded something, I hope there is a more detailed explanation in the future, but may there be comfort for GCN owners in knowing it was something Capcom HAD TO do and did not have any other choice...

not only that, but after learning the new wrong controls, it's actually better o_O, who would have guessed?

ourumov

Capcom USA reps are the best...I thought the limit of stupidity was reached with the SB:LOC responses...but I was wrong.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder when I'll get my letter explaining how they had to make Devil May Cry 2 suck. Zing. I'll be here all night, folks. :p

Well at least they said sorry, but I still don't understand why. "We had to" isn't exactly a answer. Who made them? The Patriots?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
no child left behind

(using B instead expands your comprehension! think outside the box! participate! D+ GOOD FOR YOU)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
FortNinety said:
"Sony forced them to"

Funny, but it would make no sense for sony to
Considering nobody really knew about the button switchup

I must admit the capcom response is hillarious

DyersEve

Has anyone whos played Mega Man AC gotten a corupted save and had all their game saves deleted. Also i find it funny that Atomic Planet did this game and they also ported Super Puzzle Fighter 2 and I also lost all my save data on that game as well.

cvxfreak

Despite Capcom USA's response, I don't think they're liable unlike Atomic Planet. Capcom USA simply approved the product's development but I'm not sure they're necessarily at fault here...

NotMSRP

That statement is just damage control to protect Capcom. It is clearly obvious that they and AP screwed up. But what big company will be open about itself to us? Anyone who had a job knows your employers tell you how to handle media relations: the usually no comment and redirect to someone else procedure.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
nubbe said:
Nintendo forced them!

That's probably not far from the truth. Each platform has some standard certification requirements (e.g. if you press Open on your PS2 while a game is loading, the system will reset gracefully and not give a blue screen of death or error message.). I've never seen Nintendo's certification requirements, but I wouldn't doubt if the main action button has to be assigned to "A", or else the game won't be certified.

I can't think of any GC game where A isn't the primary button. It's really unfortunate that they couldn't have waived this requirement for MMAE. I bought the PS2 version because of this.

It's fine having some cert requirements for the controls, but the bottom line is that all game controls should be remapable by the player in the Control panel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Datawhore said:
That's probably not far from the truth. Each platform has some standard certification requirements (e.g. if you press Open on your PS2 while a game is loading, the system will reset gracefully and not give a blue screen of death or error message.). I've never seen Nintendo's certification requirements, but I wouldn't doubt if the main action button has to be assigned to "A", or else the game won't be certified.

I can't think of any GC game where A isn't the primary button. It's really unfortunate that they couldn't have waived this requirement for MMAE. I bought the PS2 version because of this.

It's fine having some cert requirements for the controls, but the bottom line is that all game controls should be remapable by the player in the Control panel.

Hey, you might be on to something with that. Nintendo is always talking about making games simple. And since A is the biggest button on the controller, you would think it would be easier to make A shoot...but apparently it isn't.

kevm3

Capcom has freaking excuses for everything... Like they 'had to' leave online out of ps2 street fighter and the upcoming fighters' jam or whatever that shit is called. No wonder they've been losing money lately.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
efralope said:
not only that, but after learning the new wrong controls, it's actually better o_O, who would have guessed?
Yeah kind of amusing really, I prefer this way now since it works perfectly with the GC controller. You mainly shoot everything and that flows perfectly with the controller setup, it actually took me less than a minute to be perfectly adjusted to the new control scheme and I never complained once. Of course the same can't be said of my friends but strangely children adjust to it instantaneously.

Top Bottom